Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here comes the release info for Set 57:

Iris Subscription Set No. 57 uploaded on April 20th - 2015 containing 9 presets (152.7 MB) including:

Concert Tom Loops Split

Two loops (100 BPM) played on four concert toms, the loop in the upper keyboard half was processed with Stutter Edit using a modified preset from my preset expansion Glitchmania. S1/3 are layered in the lower half up to B2 (B3 in Iris), S3 playing the inverted spectral selection and having pan modulation applied. The Modwheel introduces a combfilter-like delay effect, Macros 1/2 control amount of reverb/distortion FX, M3 controls the HP filter cutoff, M4 controls release time for all 3 oscillators, M5 introduces phaser FX.

FluteVox Morphing Padlead Split
A flute phrase from my sound library Aureus Ventus for HALion 5, played only on the lowest part of a classical flute (Pars-Pro-Toto technique, invented by Andreas Mazur) morphed with a female vocal texture from Granular Symphonies using Zynaptiq’s Morph 2 plugin. The resulting sample is used in all 3 oscillators, S3 playing between C0 - C3 (C1 - C4 in Iris), S1/2 are layered between C3 - C6 (C4 - C7), S2 playing in Non-Retrigger mode with reverse/forward looping. The Modwheel introduces temposynced amplitude modulation in S1/3. The LP filter cutoff is velocity sensitive when Macro 2 is down, M2 introduces aliasing distortion and chorus FX. M3 controls amount of delay FX, M4 controls attack time.

Framedrum FX Layers
A single Framedrum hit in S1 and it’s electronic derivatives in S2/3 mapped from C0 - C6 (C1 - C7 in Iris). Each layers has it’s dedicated volume control (Macros 3-5), S2 can be tuned up 2 octaves using M6. Please check the Macro page for more controls.

Glockenspiel Phrase Cloud Split

A glockenspiel phrase in Gmin I played on a Musser Glockenspiel (pic here) processed with crusherX, Kaleidoscope and other things. S1/2 highlight different segments and spectral aspects of the same sample, overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 is playing in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel introduces temposynced, square-shaped pitch modulation, +/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged. Macro 2 controls LP filter cutoff, M1 introduces temposynced filter modulation. M3/4 control amount of delay/chorus FX.

Glockenspiel Rising Cloud Split
Rising Glockenspiel arpeggio I played on a Musser Glockenspiel (pic here) processed with crusherX, Kaleidoscope and other things. The same long soundscape is used in all 3 oscillators, S2 playing in Non-Retrigger mode. S3 plays the full frequency range, control it’s volume using Macro 5. Macro 2 controls LP filter cutoff, M1 introduces temposynced filter modulation. M3/4 control amount of delay/chorus FX, M6 controls release time, M7 adds reverb FX.

Glockenspiel Surreality 01
The long sample used in this patch by all 3 oscillators is an excerpt from an improvisation I played on this Musser Glockenspiel (pic here), with the windows of the recording room wide open so that environmental sounds (birds, dogs, cars, wind, other suburban noises) would chime into the recording. The result was processed with crusherX and other things. Each oscillator highlights different aspects from this excerpt and has it’s dedicated volume control (Macros 3 - 5). S1/2 are mapped up to C5 (C6 in iris), S3 is mapped up to C6 (C7 in Iris).The Modwheel introduces noise-shaped pitch modulation in S3, M1 introduces pan modulation in S1/2, please check the Macro page for more controls.

Glockenspiel Surreality 02
The long sample used in this patch by all 3 oscillators is an excerpt from an improvisation I played on this Musser Glockenspiel (pic here), with the windows of the recording room wide open so that environmental sounds (birds, dogs, cars, wind, other suburban noises) would chime into the recording. The result was processed with crusherX and other things. Each oscillator highlights different aspects from this excerpt and has it’s dedicated volume control (Macros 3 - 5), S3 is playing in Non-Retrigger mode. S1/2 are mapped up to C5 (C6 in iris), S3 is mapped upto C7 (C8 in Iris). The Modwheel introduces square-shaped pitch modulation in S1, M1 introduces pan modulation in S2/3, please check the Macro page for more controls.

Moaning And Droning Split
Upper keyboard half C4 - C7 (C5 - C8 in Iris): morphing some Tuvan throat singing from my Alchemy sound library MetaVox with a strange sound I programmed on Zebra using Zynaptiq’s Morph 2 plugin.
Lower keyboard half C0 - C4 (C1 - C5 in Iris): rubbing the skin of a large ocean drum (pic here) with a rubber ball mounted on a stick, then time-stretching the result with IRAM Stretch (MachFive 3) and applying more FX to the stretched sound.
The Modwheel introduces temposynced amplitude modulation, please check the Macro page to see how the 6 assigned Macros affect the sounds.

Pickup Coil Drone Split
The raw sound for this patch was recorded with a pickup coil microphone, a small device which lets you record the sound of electromagnetic fields, similar to a guitar pickup. So I scanned the surface of my Euphonix MC Mix device and then processed the result further with various effects. S3 is mapped from C-1 - C3 (C0 - C4 in Iris) and only plays the low frequency range, S1/2 are layered from C3 - C8 (C4 - C9 in Iris) upwards, S2 is playing the inverted spectral selection from S1 and has a dedicated volume control (Macro 3). All oscillators are playing in Non-Retrigger mode. The FX section is running in Send-mode, M4 controls send level for S3 (distortion), M5 controls send level for S1/2 (chorus), M1 controls delay send for all oscillators. Macro 2 controls LP cutoff and introduces filter modulation when turned down. As the filter section is routed post FX-send, the resulting filter modulation will not be processed by the Iris effects.

----

The subscription now contains 446 patches including 9.89 GB of samples, the subscription price has been upped to € 150 EUR. More to come...

Four fresh Iris patches in one groovy demo, the main bass sound and the plucked chord sounds are derived from bass flute slaps, so are the drones. Set 58 is coming within the next few days, I was drowned in HALion-land working on my new library and have now returned to the living (well, almost).

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/u ... bscription

Two Iris patches from the Iris subscription series - set. no 58. The harmonics of the three bass flute phrases were re-arranged in iris, yielding somewhat vocal sounds, these phrases are split across the keyboard, the lowest one running in time stretch mode (Radius RT).

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... bscription

Another demo for set 58, featuring two fresh Iris patches in a rather dark ambient atmosphere:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/o ... bscription

Here comes the release info for set 58:

Iris Subscription Set 58 uploaded on May 27 - 2015 containing 10 presets (160.4 MB) including:

Airy Fairy Chimes
Electronic chime texture made with Metasynth by re-synthesizing glass chimes, manipulating the re-synthesized data and then playing it back with several bowed and beaten singing bowl samples. S1/2 both use the same long sample, S2 playing the inverse frequency selection. Macros 3/4 are dedicated volume controls for each layer. The Modwheel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation. With M2 dialed down, tempo-synced filter modulation can be added with M1. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Bass Flute Flares Split
Two bass flute phrases audio-morphed with a Serum synth pad using Zynaptiq’s Morph 2, split across the keyboard, overlapping split point at C3 (C4 in Iris). The Modwheel introduces tempo-synced amplitude modulation, Macro 2 shifts HP filter cutoff, M1 adds tempo-synced filter modulation. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Bass Flute Phrases Reharmonized
Three bass flute phrases split across the keyboard (check the Map page for ranges), the lowest phrase is playing in Radius RT-mode, all phrases use alternate looping. I re-harmonized the harmonics of each phrase with the spectral selection in Iris yielding somewhat vocal-like sounds, quite beautiful. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds some distortion, check the Macro page for more controls.

Bass Flute Slap Bass
Three different bass flute slaps, layered, the slaps in S2/3 are panned somewhat L-R and looped , their volume can be controlled with Macro 3, their sustain level is controllable with M4, M5 adds pan modulation to the side slaps, M 6/7 are bipolar tuning Macros for the side slaps (middle position = no transposition). The main slap in S1 can be sent to the tempo-synced delay FX using M1, M2 sends all slaps to the reverb FX. The3 Modwheel adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to S1.

Bass Flute Slap Drone
A bass flute slap in S1 layered with it’s time-stretched derivative in S2/3. The Modwheel adds tempo-synced amplitude modulation to the drone in S3, pan modulation to the reversed drone in S2 can be applied using Macro 5, use M6 to control the modulation speed. When M2 is dialed downwards, the LP filter cutoff becomes velocity sensitive. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Drone Birds Split
In the lower half mapped up to B2 (B3 in Iris), a Spectral drone from Spectral Rays is layered with a Serum Drone from Tabula Rasa, both are processed with the same instance of Kaleidoscope, further processed with ÜberMod and B2. In the upper half playing from C3 upwards and layered in S1/3 with different spectral selections and playing directions, there is totally de-noised field recording of birds in the nearby woods which I recorded on a walk in spring time, processed with crusherX. Macros 3/4 are individual volume controls for the bird layers. M5 adds tempo-synced amplitude modulation to the drone sound, M7 controls several delay FX parameters, dialed hard left it creates combfilter-like resonances (very short delay times and maximum feedback). Check the Macro page for more controls.

Hypno Chimes
Electronic chime texture made with Metasynth by re-synthesizing glass chimes, manipulating the re-synthesized data and then playing it back with several bowed and beaten singing bowl samples. All 3 oscillators use the same sample, playing different segments and spectral aspects from it. S2 only plays a short accent in one shot-mode, S3 plays the entire sample length, it’s volume is assigned to the Modwheel. Macro 3 controls the feedback of the analog delay FX, M4 adds random pitch modulation to all 3 oscillators. M1 sends all signals to the aliasing distortion, M2 controls LP filter cutoff (post FX send, so you will still hear all frequencies via the FX returns).

Ominous Plane
Dark drone texture made with Kaleidoscope, all 3 oscillators use the same sample, playing different segments and spectral aspects from it. S1/2 are layered in the lower half, S2 playing the inverse frequency selection, mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), Macros 3/4 are individual volume controls for each layer. S3 in reverse-forward-mode plays from C3 (C4) upwards, all oscillators are set to Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds tempo-synced, square-shaped pitch modulation to S1/2, +/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged. Pan modulation can be applied to S3 using M5, set modulation speed with M6. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Oriental Resonances
Processing a buddhist ceremony (Puja) with singing nuns and percussion which I recorded in a Seoul temple and a Diversion drone from Diversity 2 with two instances of Kaleidoscope, both using an oriental tuning file to pitch-quantize the resonators, processed further with more FX. All 3 oscillators use the same sample, playing different segments and spectral aspects from it. S1/2 are layered in the lower half playing up to C#3 (C#4 in Iris), S3 plays from C#3 (C#4) upwards. S2/3 are set to Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds tempo-synced amplitude modulatin to all 3 oscillators, set the LFO wave with Macro 5, control the modulation speed with M6. With M2 (assigned to LP filter cutoff) dialed downwards, the filter envelope becomes active. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Snare FX Groove
Loop containing processed snare hits I played on a Pearl Firecracker 10“ snare, processed with a Stutter Edit- preset from Glitchmania. Root note = original BPM (100) is located at C3 (C4 in Iris). S2 plays the inverse frequency selection and can be dialed in using the Modwheel, so with the wheel fully engaged you get the full sonic picture. Add distortion with M1, control LP filter cutoff with M2, add reverb with M3, control the amount of Loudness with M4.

----

The subscription now contains 456 patches including 10.05 GB of samples, the price remains at € 150 EUR for now. More to come, stay tuned...

I just sent out a bunch of converted Iris 2 patches from the latest set releases to all subscribers before I go on working my way through the alphabet again. There are now 92 Iris 2-patches (including around 2 GB of samples) from the total of 456 Iris 1-patches (and 10+ GB of samples), so we're at least getting somehwere :)

Here is a fresh sound from the upcoming set no. 59 - a preset named Galactic Split:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... bscription

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a fresh sound from the upcoming set no. 59 - a preset named Galactic Split:

This one is yummy. :)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a fresh sound from the upcoming set no. 59 - a preset named Galactic Split:

This one is yummy. :)
Thank´s Ben, there is more of this kind in set 59.

Another two fresh Iris patches from set 59 in one rather dark atmosphere:

https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... bscription

Another 3 patches from the upcoming set no. 59 in one early morning demo:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... bscription

A little video for the patch Guitar Beauty from set 59:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzhf_6JWFA

Here is the release info for set no. 59:

Iris Subscription Set 59 uploaded on June 19 - 2015 containing 8 presets (164 MB) including:

Church Birds Split
A (processed) field recording I made in the woods during a walk, distant church bells and a lot of spring birds. Mapped up to C3 in S1 is a frequency band featuring the bells, layered in S2/3 from C#3 (C#4 in Iris) upwards are the birds (and spectralized bells in S2), use Macros 3/4 to set the volume for each layer in the upper half. All oscillators are playing in non-retrigger mode. The Modwheel introduces tempo-synced pitch modulation in all three oscillators. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Galactic Split
A beautiful texture I made with Kaleidoscope and other things, the same long soundscape is used in all 3 oscillators. S1/2 are layered from C3 upwards (C4 in Iris), Macro 3 is a dedicated volume control for S2, S3 plays from C3 (C4) downwards), S1/3 are playing in non-retrigger mode. The Modwheel introduces noise-shaped pitch modulation in S1, tempo-synced, square-shaped pitch modulation in S2 (+/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged) and tempo-synced amplitude modulation in S3 (triplets). Check the Macro page for more controls.

Guitar Beauty Split
An improvised acoustic guitar phrase played with a patch from my library Ambient Strings for MachFive 3, processed with detuned, comb-filtered delays. The lower sound mapped up to D#3 plays the phrase in Radius RT (time-preserve mode), the upper sound reverses the final accent of the phrase in one shot-mode. Add tempo-synced pan-modulation to the reversed swell using Macro 3, M2 (y-axis) shifts the HP filter cutoff and adds some tube-distortion. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Milky Way
A rich, rather cosmic texture I made with Kaleidoscope and other things layered in S1/2, both oscillators are playing in non-retrigger mode, S2 reverses the second half of the sample, Macro 4 controls the volume of S2. The Modwheel introduces tempo-synced amplitude modulation in S1 and tempo-synced pan modulation in S2, set the LFO speeds for each with Macros 3/5. Macros 1/2 (x/y) control LP filter cutoff and amount of filter modulation. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Ocean Drone Split
A drone texture made by processing an ocean drum wave with Kaleidoscope and other things, S1 plays the full sonic picture in non-retrigger mode, S2 plays a very selective spectral version of the sound, split point is C#3 (C#4 in Iris). The Modwheel introduces tempo-synced pitch/amplitude modulation in S1/2. Macro 2 (y-axis) shifts the HP filter cutoff, M1 (x) adds tempo-synced filter modulation, control the modulation speed with M3. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Radio Cloud Split
In the upper half there is a vocal texture layered in S1/2 (use Macros 1/2 to set the level for each layer), produced by audio-morphing a field recording I made in a Hongkong shopping mall (a pentatonic Chinese song) with an electronic pad sound, in the lower half there is a (processed) snippet of the violin solo from Strauss’ Heldenleben, a recording I made standing backstage during a concert of the Berlin philharmonic orchestra in Beijing. Split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). S2/3 are playing in non-retrigger mode. The Modwheel introduces amplitude modulation in S3/2 (use M7/8 to control the modulation speed) and tempo-synced, square-shaped pitch modulation in S1. Check the Macro page for more controls.

Stair Rail Abyss
Hitting the metal bars of a stair rail in the parking lot of the gym I frequently visit, S1 plays the unprocessed version, S2 plays a tonal kaleidoscoped version in major, both oscillators use alternate looping. The Modwheel adds tempo-synced random pitch modulation. Macro 2 (y-axis) shifts the LP filter cutoff, M1 (x) adds tempo-synced filter modulation, check the Macro page for more controls.

Water Voices
A rich and cosmic soundscape made with Kaleidoscope, the same long sample is used in all 3 oscillators, S1 playing a very punctual spectral selection, S2/3 playing in non-retrigger mode using a broader spectral selection, dial in amplitude modulation for S2/3 with Macro 6, set the modulation speed with M7. M 3-5 are dedicated volume controls for each layer, the Modhweel adds tempo-synced, square-shaped pitch modulation to S1. The FX section is running in Send-mode, control delay send with M1 (pre-filter), control LP filter cutoff with M2.

--

The subscription now contains 464 patches including 10.21 GB of samples, the price was raised to € 155 EUR, much more to come.

Ambient space music combining four Iris presets from the upcoming set no. 60 - 100% Iris 1.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/p ... bscription

Another 2 fresh patches from set no. 60 in one rather epic new-agey track:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/p ... bscription

Return to “Soundware”