Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:Actually I think it's much harder than people then to assume. :lol:
:hihi: I only meant that it's not some magic art that only the elite or really talented can do well enough, it's just a skill that anyone can learn, like riding a bike. Not talking about mixing like Bob Clearmountain, that's something else entirely, but mixing well enough so that most people don't care.

What helps more than anything is not using a kazillion plugins. Having really good speakers also helps obviously. The rest is just time and practice, like hitting a baseball or anything else.

But that's all off topic to this thread so... nuff said.

Yes, I would have to agree with that - however it can also do no harm to actually have good recordings to begin with...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Great update. Got the update to professional for $125. It feels good not have to worry about ASIO overload or asio spikes.

Am I misremembering, or did version 2 have built-in Nimbit support? I didn't use it but notice that it seems to be missing from version 3.

garryknight wrote:Am I misremembering, or did version 2 have built-in Nimbit support?
It certainly did.

Yes, two extensions are missing so far, Nimbit & SoundSet Builder.

We know Nimbit is coming back for sure since it's a commercial product they own. No idea about the other one.

I have never felt the need for other DAWs, since i like Logic pretty much.

But some features on Studio One seem pretty cool. The multi instrument and multi FX with parallel features and frequency splitters is very interesting.

I also like the general dark look of it.
I guess i will try it out to see what i think.

One thing comes to mind tho, is there something like Ultrabeat in Studio One?

if you click the show automations,shouldnt it show automations,shouldnt it show automations for/and all tracks ??

NNevez wrote: But some features on Studio One seem pretty cool. The multi instrument and multi FX with parallel features and frequency splitters is very interesting.
Have a look at http://ddmf.eu Metaplugin - does it all in one plugin - multi instrument and frequency splitting and midi plugins and routing is just draw any you need. It even includes a crossover filter to use if you want.

One version as effect, and one as instrument - to use where appropriate.

Option with 2xoversampling makes loaded plugins work in double sample rate, improving antialiasing - without doubling sample rate for your full project.

S-N-S wrote:if you click the show automations,shouldnt it show automations,shouldnt it show automations for/and all tracks ??
It will (or should, haven't tried it with layers) on touch or write if it's optioned a certain way and you move a knob while the transport is running. I think the option is "Automatically Add Envelopes for all Touched parameters"

But the right click thing is the same VST3 thing, it just exposes one envelope, the first one in that case I guess. I suppose a good FR would be what you ask for, if there are layers show them all, show all the lanes, but for writing in real time they might all show up anyway if that option is on.

Can you monitor all takes while recording multiple takes? so you hear each take while recording more? great for loop type recording. I can do this in Reaper by running the New recording creates new media items in separate lanes action. all the takes play as I keep recording new ones.

memyselfandus wrote:Can you monitor all takes while recording multiple takes? so you hear each take while recording more? great for loop type recording. I can do this in Reaper ....
Layers are track layers, not live media and audio takes are takes, not live audio until you switch to one. It works the same way it worked in v2 afaict.

Midi, yes, I think it always did if you optioned it that way, to overdub and not replace, but not with takes on layers.

LawrenceF wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:Can you monitor all takes while recording multiple takes? so you hear each take while recording more? great for loop type recording. I can do this in Reaper ....
Layers are track layers, not live media and audio takes are takes, not live audio until you switch to one. It works the same way it worked in v2 afaict.

Midi, yes, I think it always did if you optioned it that way, to overdub and not replace, but not with takes on layers.
:( thank you

No problem m. I thought you of all people would have the demo by now and would just try it and answer those questions for yourself.

@ Uncle E: Anything new on the VST support for Artist front? :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”