AcousticSampleS Mark79 Review – Let There Be Rhodes!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Howdy, Fellow KVRians:

I'd been sick for a while, but thank God, I'm on the mend. That being said, I'm back to work . . .
This time, up on the reviewer's bench, we're taking a look at the sumptuous "Mark79" - a superb ('79 Fender Rhodes Mark II) virtual instrument from the good folks at AcousticSampleS. And yes, I've prepared a little video to go along with the written review.

Full review here:
AcousticSampleS Mark79 Review – Let There Be Rhodes!
Last edited by Brother Charles on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Nice review brother, couldn't agree more with your review.

Throw in Sonic Coutures EP73 and Broken Wurli and there is no need to search any longer for classic 70's electric piano. :tu:

afcollett wrote:Nice review brother, couldn't agree more with your review.

Throw in Sonic Coutures EP73 and Broken Wurli and there is no need to search any longer for classic 70's electric piano. :tu:
Thanks a million. It's entirely possible that SonicCouture & AcousticSampleS really keep the bar raised and everyone else has to try reach it. :P

But then there's Neo Soul. The sound, the effects. The presets.
Great reviews you do write, Brother Charles, hope you're well now.
Last edited by Fleer on Thu May 28, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fleer wrote:But then there's Neo Soul ...
NeoSoul is very good, and it has the tone n' sound in droves, but the attack is a bit mellow for my liking. . . . just sayin'. Mind you, I only own the Steinberg version. :oops:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Brother, that version is miles away from the UVI version! As I wrote: sound, efx, presets galore.
There's also a very nice Sampletekk one, not expensive at all.

Fleer wrote:Brother, that version is miles away from the UVI version! As I wrote: sound, efx, presets galore.
There's also a very nice Sampletekk one, not expensive at all.
I'd like to try out the GospelMusicians Neo X5 in UVI format. Part of what is so kewl about X5 is that it's actually a multi-instrument. Even in Jamal's demos, it seems to have a softer attack. The perfect choice for mellow Soul and R&B flavours. Again, I haven't had an opportunity to dig in and review it so I can't express a valid opinion.

The SampleTekk "Tubed Keys" is nice too. It's very warm, but I do find it hard to get sparkle out of it. I just happen to find that the 'feel' of both EP73 and Mark79 to be really bang on. In my experience, an actual Rhodes usually has an immediacy about it and can be very snappy and percussive.

LOL, hardcore Rhodes guys tend to "pooh pooh" ALL VIs so maybe I'm off the "Mark II" (Get it? . . . Off the mark too . . . Mark II) Oy! I better quit while I'm ahead. *Grin.

Good to see you reviewing stuff again brother :tu:

Yeah, love to read your take on things :tu:

@dredd i knight & Fleer:

Thanks a million folks! I really appreciate the encouragement. I'll have a review of AcousticSampleS' "Wurlie" published in a few days. :tu:
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles

Meanwhile, subscribed to your blog :)

Return to “Instruments”