Softsynth recommendations for good leads and pads on Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kaboom75 wrote:Zebra is the most versatile. Omnisphere is great if you want ready made presets and less options than zebra.
I bought Omni yesterday but am still open to checking out Zebra again....I spent some time with it a couple of years ago & wasn't a big fan of many of the patches.

Something to bear in mind is that playing a wind controller isn't at all like playing keyboard....lots of sounds just don't work on wind controller, especially with how breath control needs to be configured. Omni seems to offer me a bunch of great sounds "out of the box" with very little tweaking needed to get them working well with breath control.

Kontakt has also been a staple of mine for a few years, especially with the relative ease of configuring breath control. I've found some great lead libraries over the past week and will probably invest in some of those too.
SYSTEM SPECS: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, MOTU Ultralite Mk 3 (FireWire only), Apple MainStage

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
deastman wrote:Any synth can make leads and pads if you understand the basics of oscillators, filters, and envelopes.
and the breath control ??
Mapping a CC value to amplitude or whatever isn't exactly rocket science.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Maddcow wrote: I need synths that can be easily configured to use CC02 breath control on numerous parameters simultaneously and so a comprehensive mod matrix would be ideal.
Discovery Pro can do that. I think Corona too.

Return to “Instruments”