diva - automation in pro tools

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

just got the Diva recently and I love it, great great sound!
There is one thing that could make using it in Pro tools easier, or maybe I haven't figured it out yet?
When I want to automate simple things (say cutoff and ENV1 release), I find it a bit of a hassle: If i do it via MIDI Learn and some knobs, its very easy. Until I want to edit the automation in the DAW. If i try to find the right parameter i get a list of 500 or more, and thery're often called the same! If I just use the CC# of the knob I turned, things get messed up once i open the session on another computer.
Could the parameters not be named more precisely? ie. with numbers, or letters (for groups). with a reference in the manual?
I know pro tools is not the best for MIDI, VIs, host automation. But it works fine for me, with the other plugins as well.
If anyone has a solution or a hint, that would make me very happy :). I know its manageable as it is, but I keep thinking the workflow could be smoother.

Thank you! Keep up the great work,
carlos

You can use the 3-key (ctrl-alt-cmd on Mac) click on a knob to start an automation lane for that knob's parameter. See here:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep05/a ... points.htm

I wouldn't use MIDI Learn, it's mostly meant to help editing the synth. Proper automation is better suited IMHO.

of course!!! thank you, don't know why it didn't occur to me, had been using it on all the other VIs...

cheers!
carlos

Return to “u-he”