Tim Petherick releases Blue-mu Compressor/Limiter for nebula

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The blue mu comp/limiter is based on a VCA/mu design Comp/LImiter

I’ve captured at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96khz sample rates.

It features-

Compression ratio’s 1.6, 1.8, 3,6,20 using static Attack/release values
Two styles of Limiter. One more linear release and one using a little bit of magic on the EVF follower that’s very musical, Round and upfront, that sits well in the mix
Preset 5/5+ (fairchild style Program dependent comp programs/5+=added PD attack) new configuration for release/attack values. All ratios are included- 1.6, 1.8, 3,6,20
All Presets are 3 kernals of harmonics
Added Hpf for filtering any bass distortions that may occur from speed
A total of 22 presets per sample rate!
JPN SKIN (now with Reduction Meter!!!!!updated today 26/05/15)

There was a question regarding getting better Meters in nebula.

First you should go into the master page and change GUI, change this to 5.0. This speeds up meters reaction time Press save in master page. Then select type of meter in master page once reloaded. In tests I used 7 vu but you can experiment with peak etc.

If you don't know how to get into master page- this is how you do it. You must be in guru mode. Go to MAST Select Simple and change to Guru mode in nebula, then you'll get access to the master page.

More info and purchase Go HERE
Forum HERE

How does the gain red. meter work with the typical skins?
I only use one I like & never change them when changing models.

Breval wrote:How does the gain red. meter work with the typical skins?
I only use one I like & never change them when changing models.
No the skin and the preset needs to be programmed that way.

You should use nebula setups to get different skins for each library, this creates multiple dll's for different settings skins etc

Thanks.

I'll pass for now. I'm not in the mood to spend an additional $33.00 to use one $30.00 plugin.

You don't have to. On the MAST page you find the chooser for skin data. As long as the .N2S files are stored in the dedicated "Skins" folder, you'll be able to use whichever you like. No need for setups (which is a great tool btw.).

beingmf wrote:You don't have to. On the MAST page you find the chooser for skin data. As long as the .N2S files are stored in the dedicated "Skins" folder, you'll be able to use whichever you like. No need for setups (which is a great tool btw.).

Yes,

If I may, The reason I recommend using setups is because of the smaller skins with less knobs.This makes for quicker work flow and organisation. If you selected say N2065 skin then you'd only have two knobs for every library. Which could hide other knobs from non dedicated librarys. Multiple dll's becomes advised in this case.
Last edited by Timp_Nebula on Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breval wrote:Thanks.

I'll pass for now. I'm not in the mood to spend an additional $33.00 to use one $30.00 plugin.
Just a FYI: if you have a lot of libraries then Nebula Setups is a great tool to speed things up and organize stuff to your likings. For example, loading the regular Nebula3 Reverb plugin can take a lot of time if you have many libraries installed. With Nebula Setups you can split your libraries (without moving o duplicating them which takes more HDD space) in different Nebula versions like "consoles", "EQ", "tape", etc., and each one of them will load way way faster because they load a smaller amount of programs. You can even create dedicated "Nebulas" for each library. Imagine having a Nebula for each EQ you have, that will make things way easier... And if you use different skins for each one of these Nebulas you can actually work with them as a normal plugin.

Having Nebula Setups is an investment, in my opinion.

Ps

you can actually just copy dlls and rename them, then change the skin for each Dll but with nebula setups you can(as said above) create custom lists, which is handy.

Seriously having skins correspond to a selected plugin is a feature that should have been developed & added to Nebula as an update after all these years.

If you look at it realistically you're telling me first purchase an additional plugin & learn to use it, then purchase the plugin I'm interested in to use it on & which I don't even know if I want because there isn't a demo?

I mean I've used Nebula for years now, I get the concept but can you understand how ridiculous that sounds?

Thank you for your questions,

Well we can probably make a versatile skin that's got gr meters on it......

I'm not telling you to do anything, the choice is yours, When I say 'should use' I mean it's the easiest way to do it.

Like I said you can just copy dll's and rename if you wish. Takes seconds to do

I mean really it was the first skin to feature the gr meter on it. It's option, you don't have to use it.

Many thanks.

Tim

Breval wrote:Seriously having skins correspond to a selected plugin is a feature that should have been developed & added to Nebula as an update after all these years.

If you look at it realistically you're telling me first purchase an additional plugin & learn to use it, then purchase the plugin I'm interested in to use it on & which I don't even know if I want because there isn't a demo?

I mean I've used Nebula for years now, I get the concept but can you understand how ridiculous that sounds?
It's not a silly suggestion at all. We all buy tools that need additional tools (or do you use your DAW software with zero additions...?). Tim is just offering his suggestions (good one's, in my opinion), you can do whatever you want.
But this is an awesome compressor library, and to pass it up because of what i consider to be a goofy thing you are obsessing on is your loss.
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

richinmusic wrote:
Breval wrote:Seriously having skins correspond to a selected plugin is a feature that should have been developed & added to Nebula as an update after all these years.

It's not a silly suggestion at all. We all buy tools that need additional tools (or do you use your DAW software with zero additions...?). Tim is just offering his suggestions (good one's, in my opinion), you can do whatever you want.
But this is an awesome compressor library, and to pass it up because of what i consider to be a goofy thing you are obsessing on is your loss.
No-one is obsessing here.
I asked asked valid question followed by a valid point.
If you find that goofy then it's your logic that resembles that adjective.

Breval wrote:No-one is obsessing here.
I asked asked valid question followed by a valid point.
If you find that goofy then it's your logic that resembles that adjective.
Okeedokee. have an awesome day!

https://youtu.be/0FHEeG_uq5Y
Music folds and unfolds the universe.
http://soundyaudio.com/

Return to “Effects”