V-Machine

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks. I have a new vmachine fully updated and am having problems running vb3 on it. I installed the vb3.dll into vfx running on Mavericks. But when I pull it up in the presets I get an error NTL2023. There is no reference for that anywhere and I'm stuck. Can anyone assist? No response for 4 days from SMPA. Thank you.

Not sure whether anybody's out there…Help!
So I've taken a punt on one of the clearout V-Machines and am waiting for delivery. In the meantime I'm wrestling with the VFX software (on Mac 10.6.8). I'm steeling myself for tears and tantrums when the unit turns up - seems to be a rite of passage with this thing - and I've already run into baffling issues with the VFX software.

The problem is Midi CC assignments within each plugin. I can easily control all parameters in a plugin with separate CC numbers, but I can't assign more than one parameter to a single CC message. If I assign, say, CC13 to control a filter, I can't also assign CC13 to control delay time. Or rather, the VFX will happily allow me to control delay time - the "MIDI CC" field next to the plugin parameter on the VFX's own GUI changes from "None" to "13" - but the original filter parameter changes back from "13" to "None". This behaviour is consistent across all plugins and all parameters - I can't find a way to have one CC message controlling more than a single parameter, either by keying in CC numbers in the MIDI CC field or using Midi Learn.
As my intention is to use the V-Machine as a live FX unit for freeware stuff like the evergreen KT Granulator, I really need to be able to map a midi expression pedal to more than one FX parameter at a time. Any help out there? Please? Echo…echo..echo...

Seems like it's a limitation of VFX software. Gotta live with it...

ubu 1 wrote: As my intention is to use the V-Machine as a live FX unit for freeware stuff like the evergreen KT Granulator, I really need to be able to map a midi expression pedal to more than one FX parameter at a time. Any help out there? Please? Echo…echo..echo...
Your best bet seems to be to use the MIDI processing in a host to copy expression channel data to a bunch of parallel channels that you can send to VFX. In Logic, you'd do this in the environment. In others you might need something like Plogue's Bidule to do the job.

Thanks for the replies EvilDragon and Gamma-UT. I can indeed use Bidule to copy CC data over all numbers - works fine - but is this inability to assign one controller to more than one plugin parameter a limitation of the V-machine itself, or just the VFX app on a Mac? The manual (hah!) says "The V-Machine allows you to assign as many parameters as you'd like to a single controller."

U can use the "LEARN" buttons on the V-Machine front panel to assign one CC input to multiple parameters. Easy and fast. Press the two buttons for "LEARN" ( bottom two I think) with the parameter selected on the screen, then wiggle your controller - done.
I'm the best you can get, have you guessed me yet? I'm the slime oozing out from your TV set.

Thanks Clydewinder. I'm glad it works on the V-Machine itself. There is definitely an issue with the VFX software on Mac - every time I hit midi learn and use a cc number previously mapped to a different parameter, it unlearns that original mapping.

Also, the midi routing doesn't seem to work on VFX. If I try to pass midi from slot a to slot b - with a midi remapper in A - the second slot still receives the original midi from the computer even if I uncheck the "MIdi In From Computer" option.

And as for trying to hook it up to receive audio from Bidule and then pass it back again using Soundflower - aaaargh!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I was wondering if anybody here has recently purchased a V-Machine for use with licensed plugins ?

The device effectively needs to be registered with SM-Pro-Audio in order for the VFX application to do a 1 time download of a certificate onto new previously unseen devices, which enables the use of licensed plugins on the V-Machine.

I've tried registering my serial number and sending up the 'bad_certificate.txt' file in a support ticket to SM-Pro-Audio but my ticket has sat for 8 days un-assigned.
(see http://smproaudio.helpserve.com/Knowled ... or-message (http://smproaudio.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/48/1/bad-or-missing-certificate-error-message), where this file contains my serial number and a CSR I'd guess)

If my ticket is not answered, then I'll have wasted money buying the Classic Keys Collection as I can't license it on my V-Machine.

So if anybody could tell me if Sm-Pro-Audio are still answering support tickets and providing certificates then that may set my mind at rest.

There must be somebody who still has the private key and can issue certificates for these devices, otherwise resellers should not be selling these device claiming that they are able to run any licensed plugins, even at knock down prices.

which reseller did you buy from?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,

not sure if there is still somebody here.

I bought my V-Machine when the clear out (two years ago?) but I have been recently spending some time working with it. I am quite happy with the results I have obtained but I wish to install some more pluggins whose wizards seem to habe been available in the past. You can see them here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200908220217 ... php?id=146 (http://web.archive.org/web/20090822021714/http://www.smproaudio.com/index.php?id=146)

Unfortunately, only a very few of them were included in the last version of VFX and most of them seem to be disapeared. However, I am almost sure that some of you should download and collect them in those days and probably those wizards are sleeping some where in your harddisk.

Does somebody be so kind to share those wizards?

Regards!

Many of those plugins have been discontinued. And/Or the companies have been liquidated / absorbed by other companies. (Camel Audio for example)

If it doesn't specifically say freeware then usually it's a crippled or demo version of a product. Even when it's freeware it may be discontinued or crippled

Many may not require wizards
A good place to start looking is here - http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I'm not looking for the plugins, I'm looking for the wizard files made by SM-Pro Audio and V-Machine owners. I am almost sure that those wizard files cannot be disapeared. The matter here is to contact the person that still keeps those wizards in his harddisk and to move him to share "the treasure". I asume that SM-Pro Audio (or some one who works with them in the V-Machine) still keep those files and it would be fair that they liberate those files letting their customers make a good use of them.

Anyway, does somebody keep those wizard files? Could somebody help other V-Machine users building a repository of resources?

Has anyone had any success routing cc's from a midi vst (eg. CC Sequencer) loaded in slot A to an effect parameter (eg. pitch shift) in slot B? Seems that midi learn only works with messages from the host computer (in VFX) or via usb on V-machine.

Hello, everyone.. I have done a search and nothing has turned up, but of course 160+ pages is a *lot* of information..

I am wondering if anyone here has an archive of the V-Machine Factory Library? Their Dropbox account has been suspended and multiple emails to support has given me no replies. I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance. =)
The *best* online tutorials and demos: https://www.youtube.com/user/danieklerr/videos

The most unique/original sample packs: http://www.ebay.com/usr/donovanjames

Can multiple SynthEdit dlls be imported into the VFX library? Those plugins that haven't been properly named by the makers (i.e. 90% of SynthEdit plugins) come up as "Container" when loaded into VFX. It is possible to rename the plugin so it displays properly by amending the "vfxinfo.txt" file in the library, but the plugin has to remain in the "Container" folder. Renaming the folder or putting stuff in subfolders causes the plugin not to be recognised. Numbering the vfxinfo file doesn't work, and messing with the name of the dll in the file causes VFX to crash. Any time you try to add another Synthedit plug, a new vfxinfo file is created that overwrites the original, so your first plugin can no longer be recognised. Surely there's a workaround for this? It's driving me up the wall. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”