Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a more recent, wonderful Alan Parsons grand piano at eSoundz/Sonic Reality.
Last edited by Fleer on Tue May 26, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For those looking for a bargain Refill, get Vast by Tom Pritchard

Either standalone, just 10 bucks
http://nucleus-soundlab.com/products/re ... son-4.html

Or as part of the Cinematic Booster pack at Props, still only $29

Tom Pritchard is a quality programmer, even his free refills (as Stompp) are way better than Sonic Reality.

Numanoid wrote:What a waste of money, even at $5 these soundsets are overpriced :(

I thought Sonic Reality was about quality, most of these patches sound like they were made with freeware synths from 10 years ago
In their defense, I think those sounds were first released 10 years ago.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Psyclapse wrote:
JurijPopotnig wrote: Does anyone know about NI's Komplete product life cycle, when to expect 11 to be released?
K6 sep 2009
K7 jul 2010
K8 sep 2011
K9 mar 2013
K10 sep 2014

So if the last couple of releases are anything to go by then K11 would be March 2016.
I just got sick from your post. 2016!? :cry:
You should know better that to post real bad news.

Is there a timeline for the 6's?
Kontakt 6
Absynth 6
Reaktor 6
I bought the upgrade from Komplete Ultimate 8 to Komplete Ultimate 10 when it was released in September. I got around 25 new products just 8 months ago. I don't see the rush to get another Komplete so soon.

But you will anyway wait for 12 don't you? :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I used to be an NI fanboi, I still like them, but less so these days; I'm still on K8. There was little inspiring to me in either 9 or 10 to warrant the upgrade, even at half price. I mean how many piano samples does a guy need? How many synths even?! :o :lol: :wink: Its all become a bit samey. There are a few things in Ultimate I'd be interested in, but I can't justify the cost.

Another factor is that there seem to be a lot more vendors producing very imaginative, high quality, but affordable software and samples, compared to 5-10 years ago, so I've tended to spend my budget with some of these other vendors instead. Which is great - more vendors, more ideas, less domination by one or two industry giants.

jsp1979 wrote:
Numanoid wrote:What a waste of money, even at $5 these soundsets are overpriced :(

I thought Sonic Reality was about quality, most of these patches sound like they were made with freeware synths from 10 years ago
In their defense, I think those sounds were first released 10 years ago.
But they are still selling them :shrug:

Age doesn't mean stuff needs to be bad.

Zero-G stuff from 15 years ago are still decent, like Analog 2 Digital and that kind of thing.

Actually, I was just being funny. I'm not defending the product.

Psyclapse wrote:I used to be an NI fanboi, I still like them, but less so these days; I'm still on K8. There was little inspiring to me in either 9 or 10 to warrant the upgrade, even at half price. I mean how many piano samples does a guy need? How many synths even?! :o :lol: :wink: Its all become a bit samey. There are a few things in Ultimate I'd be interested in, but I can't justify the cost.

Another factor is that there seem to be a lot more vendors producing very imaginative, high quality, but affordable software and samples, compared to 5-10 years ago, so I've tended to spend my budget with some of these other vendors instead. Which is great - more vendors, more ideas, less domination by one or two industry giants.
+1
I'm on KU9 and probably won't upgrade until KU11. [I took the money I would have used on the upgrade to KU10 and bought Omnisynth instead. Good choice.]

NI used to corner the market, but there is now a lot of really great stuff out there from other developers. And besides, once you possess the power to reproduce just about any sound audible to the human ear, where do you go from there? All these specialty packs are interesting, but really not essential for the most part. On the other hand, KOMPLETE sales would soar if NI would update its core lineup of products (i.e. Kontakt 6, Reaktor 6, Massive 2, FM 9, and so on.)

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

jsp1979 wrote:Actually, I was just being funny.
I make likl joke like? :hihi:

That was a really funny one, I will have to remember that one

Omkar wrote:Character is the 2nd plugin from MH on my shopping list,
do you have a split solution for the ones owning Channelstrip already
or do we have to bite the bullet with single price ?
Please PM me your PayPal and JRR emails, I'll take care of you.
I also see FXpansion upgrade offer 1.5 to 2.0, is BFD Eco eligible in that sense ?
I'm sorry, it is not.

Psyclapse wrote:K6 sep 2009
K7 jul 2010
K8 sep 2011
K9 mar 2013
K10 sep 2014

So if the last couple of releases are anything to go by then K11 would be March 2016.
Wait till Monday...

Uncle E wrote:
Psyclapse wrote:K6 sep 2009
K7 jul 2010
K8 sep 2011
K9 mar 2013
K10 sep 2014

Wait till Monday...
intrigued now Uncle E, what do you know... :wink:

Uncle E wrote: Wait till Monday...
What a tease !!! :party:

Man, the Uncle knows how to !

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”