T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, but things are little bit different...
Sorry for my insufficient explanation.

It's OK that NOTE ON is sent when I click on notes or draw notes.
But now, NOTE ON is also sent when I drag "empty" area of MIDI clip...

For example, unexpected NOTE ONs occur when I drag in MIDI clip edit area
to select multiple notes, or to scroll keyboard range, and so on.

In older version this wasn't seen, I think.

BR:

-If the compressor is set up in a rack for sidechaining i.e. sidechain input is connected to the left channel of a given track, the new created copy on the trigger track has the right channel connected as well, which results that you can always hear the right channel of the trigger signal on the compressed track ...

- browser crashes often just by auditioning different samples... mostly if sample contains tempo information, other bit depth than 16bit or higher sample rate than project rate...

@ trigger303
This should be resolved in a coming update (v6.1.7 or later).

@Trancit
Thanks, the side chain issue should be fixed in the next release.

Can you send a crash log to support using the "Help" button in the lower right hand side of the main tracktion.com website please? This should help us narrow down the problem.

dRowAudio wrote:@Trancit
Thanks, the side chain issue should be fixed in the next release.

Can you send a crash log to support using the "Help" button in the lower right hand side of the main tracktion.com website please? This should help us narrow down the problem.
Sorry, I don´t get managed how to send it...
I prepared a crashlog file + the sample, which always crashes T6 in a zip file... the help button you described for me only shows a field to search for help topics or gives me a link to zendesk.com

@Trancit
If you just search for any text a button will appear that says "Leave us a message" that will let you submit a support ticket and upload the files.

Call me silly, but there is no option to upload any files...

Call me silly again, but this is the most complicated way to send a crashlog I´ve ever seen in my life :-)

Why not simply publish an e-mail adress???

Trancit wrote:Call me silly again, but this is the most complicated way to send a crashlog I´ve ever seen in my life :-)
Agreed. And on the ipad there doesn't even seem to be a help button.

<This is a repost of something I put in the T5 BR/FR thread, where it doesn't really belong. Anybody who's read this before is welcome to skip it!>

I would say T6 needs a better way of denoting tempo. Right now, AFAICS, bpm is understood solely in terms of quarter notes. This works a lot or even most of the time, but there are a number of meters for which it's not the best choice.

For example, I have a song in 6/8, in which each eighth note goes by 210 times per minute. Since 6/8 is usually (though not always) felt as two main pulses per measure, with triplet subdivisions, the sensible thing to do would be to allow the user to denote the dotted quarter note as the tempo unit and set the tempo at 70 bpm. That is, dotted quarter = 70 bpm. This is fairly standard on written scores. (And also let the user decide whether to have the click play the subdivisions or not.) Failing that, you should at least be able to set the denominator of the time signature (ie, the eighth note) as the tempo unit. That is, eighth = 210 bpm.

But Tracktion won't let you do either of those things and instead forces you to use the nonintuitive quarter note = 105 bpm. I say nonintuitive because in this kind of groove, the quarter note is not the unit you count by. You count by the dotted quarter or, at slower tempos, the eighth note, not the quarter. Consequently, thinking in terms of 105 bpm makes no sense for this song.

Yes, you can make it work, but it's a kludge. I could even have set the song as 2/4 or 4/4 and clicked the triplet option, but that's a kludge too.

So to sum up, the request is to let the user determine what note value will constitute the "beat" in "bpm"--eighth, quarter, dotted quarter, half, dotted half, etc. Let the quarter note be the standard default, as now, but provide the option to change it.

<Extension of this FR by frankvg>

With this in mind we should extend the FR with a suitable click pattern for the time sigs. So for instance with a dotted quarter note set to 70, alternate bars 6/8 (with a click of a dotted quarter) to 7/8 in which the subdivision can change from 3+2+2 to 2+2+3, etc. Probably a non-trivial task to implement.
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

When using Fluxbox as window manager on Linux the popup windows for adding a plugins or clips are closing immediately after dragging. I can see the window popup but there is no way to add a plugin or clip to a track.

Is this the correct place to report bugs in Linux version 6.1.4 (Xubuntu)?

1) When licking the plugin icon in the track, the plugin UI window often appears extremely tiny (about 100x50 pixels). This is with native Linux VST plugin (DiscoveryPro Synth or tunefish4)

2) The tooltip help for the native Sampler pulugin says that I can "click and drag the ends of the waveform" to clip the sample. I cannot do this. I can shift the whole sample left or right by dragging the waveform but I cannot move the start and end markers.

3) "Show Video Window" only show a narrow horizontal bar which does not show anything and cannot be interacted with.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

falkTX wrote:For the Linux version always try the latest beta version.
There has been a couple of fixes there, so try that first.
I think the latest version is 6.1.9 now.
I did "check for updates" right before I posted this and was told "You already have the latest version"... But you are right, there IS a newer version available at the Downloads page... :/

Oops, in 6.1.9, clicking the icon with plugin name (in the track, on the right) completely freezes Tracktion. No output appears in the Terminal window, Tracktion just freezes. Happens with both DiscoveryPro and Tunefish, even when starting completely new project from scratch :(

Just updated to the latest version for windows 32bit and for some reason, all my midi devices now say 'disabled'. In particular, my qunexus. remove it, it just disappears from the list, plug it back in, disabled. Any reason why?

Also, on the VST side of things, there are some that simply don't work, are now in the 'red zone' and I have no idea how I'd be able to ever try to rescan them if this were ever fixed. what's the magic trick here?

Cheers!

Return to “Tracktion”