Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

bmrzycki wrote:
cryophonik wrote:
dmbaer wrote:...saying that they would be providing a downloadable pdf fairly soon,
I'm also in the "give-me-a-freakin'-pdf-manual" crowd, so that's great news. Thanks for the update. :tu:
I too want a PDF manual. Sometimes I have to travel for work and having things to read on my tablet makes all the difference.

For those of you that want a PDF manual now, you can make one in about 10 minutes with Google Chrome. It's likely not as nice as an official manual but if you need a portable copy in the next week or so (like I do) this works well. This method makes each section a PDF, so you don't have one file. I just put them all in a separate Folder on my tablet.

1. Go to this url with Google Chrome: http://support.spectrasonics.net/manual/Omnisphere2/
2. Click on the sub-heading(s) you want to read offline. I did sections 2 (Concepts) - 14 (System).
3. On the left pane click on the printer icon, then select "Save as PDF" and save to your hard drive. Repeat for all the sections you want to save.
4. Copy the PDF files wherever you want.
Cool thanks.
Lot of info in there. :-)

BBFG# wrote:Backing up data is something the majority of us do.
But to be on the reasonable side, I would hope that Spectra would at least consider on a case to case basis for granting (re)downloads.
When I see the words "case by case basis" and 'Spectrasonics' in the same sentence... I shake my head... LOL (It means 'begging them to please, please let me have a redownload of the software I already paid a fortune for...', or 'please, please let me sell the software I paid you a fortune for'...)

BBFG# wrote: Because for them, the only thing better then
It's "better than", not "then". (Just trying to re-educate Americans, one person at a time, this drives me nuts because it's so commonplace on forums now - every time I see "more than" I start to think "does that say 'then' or 'than' ", because I'm so used to seeing it done wrong.

basslinemaster wrote: (Just trying to re-educate Americans, one person at a time...
Correct this: Go pound sand.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

So you want the entire next generation to think that 'then' and 'than' are the same words? The more it's repeated on the internet, the more other people repeat it, nobody is blaming anybody, just trying to stop this from getting any worse than it already is.

basslinemaster wrote:So you want the entire next generation to think that 'then' and 'than' are the same words? The more it's repeated on the internet, the more other people repeat it, nobody is blaming anybody, just trying to stop this from getting any worse than it already is.
Attributing it to my country is the narrow-minded little bit of narcissism that irks my ire. Of course it's common. Don't point to me or mine.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Then I for one welcome our grammar overlords.

I'm finding V2 to be quite sluggish compared to V1. :neutral:

rustman wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:So you want the entire next generation to think that 'then' and 'than' are the same words? The more it's repeated on the internet, the more other people repeat it, nobody is blaming anybody, just trying to stop this from getting any worse than it already is.
Attributing it to my country is the narrow-minded little bit of narcissism that irks my ire. Of course it's common. Don't point to me or mine.
Well, unfortunately it is an 'American' thing, no doubt due to the American accent, which very often makes 'then' and 'than' sound extremely similar. I see it happen a huge amount on forums with mainly American members, and I'm sure a study of the schoolwork of American children would prove me right. Don't take things so personally... sheesh.

lotus2035 wrote:I'm finding V2 to be quite sluggish compared to V1. :neutral:
I only found this to be true when loading the new, larger samples.
They can be very slow.

The old stuff seems the same to me.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

This might engender animosity, but I'm hesitating on buying Omnisphere. The size (I'm down to 270 gs left on a Windows 8 laptop), plus wondering whether I really need to spend all that money when I already have a ton of terrific synths (some, like Komplete Ultimate 10, East West, and Iris 2 seem to mostly fulfill what I need for soundtrack work). Finally, I can only tell so much about the synth's programmability (the most important part of any synth for me), without having any kind of downloadable demo.

As mentioned, I have so many great synths; I just recently bought Codex, Arturia SEM, the freaky great Wavegenerator, plus I'm still having fun studying up on XIL 4. I have a long way to go before I master the last two mentioned, and I'm uncovering all kinds of strange and wonderful things every time I open Serum, Nave, Bazille, Diva. I'm overloaded!

That said, being the rabid collector and synth obsessive I am, I'll eventually get Omnisphere :D
Ha ha suck it!

Still "Bell Glockenspeil" instead Glockenspiel in the patch browser>type. As a german that hurts me :D

basslinemaster wrote:
rustman wrote:
Well, unfortunately it is an 'American' thing, no doubt due to the American accent, which very often makes 'then' and 'than' sound extremely similar. I see it happen a huge amount on forums with mainly American members, and I'm sure a study of the schoolwork of American children would prove me right. Don't take things so personally... sheesh.
Well, count this American in favor of pointing it out. Though I don't know if it is a regional or generational thing, how else will you know the correct way for the next time? Personally, I'm always thankful when someone (politely) points these things out to me, and, frankly, I always wish someone had done it sooner when I think of all the OTHER times I had said it incorrectly.

While we're at it, please stop using "loose" when you mean "lose." Thank you.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Tjgoa wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:can wt's be imported?
No. But 400 to choose from ain't too shabby.
Also I bet you could simulate a wavetable pretty well with the granular function by loading in a recording of a synth sweeping through a wavetable. Then sweeping through the audio with the granular.
nice :D Remind me to try this out when releases :)
Looks like someone recorded a video of doing exactly what I suggested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HdpWfMZW8s

Tjgoa wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:can wt's be imported?
No. But 400 to choose from ain't too shabby.
Also I bet you could simulate a wavetable pretty well with the granular function by loading in a recording of a synth sweeping through a wavetable. Then sweeping through the audio with the granular.
nice :D Remind me to try this out when releases :)
Looks like someone recorded a video of doing exactly what I suggested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HdpWfMZW8s
That is brilliant :o Could even be a new type of synth, grainular wavetable synth :o
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”