Which synth do you think could have some new patches?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Predator
ES2

fluffy_little_something wrote:Making patches for others is strange. People make patches and hope someone will like them. Would it not make more sense for people to describe what kind of patches they need for which synth? 8)
If this was very specific then you'd likely have the same issue, making a preset for one person and hoping others will like it as well. If folks express more generally what they are looking for though, and enough people chime in to agree, then I'm sure that will have some effect on the sound designers. People were asking for warmer sounds and more leads in the Serum thread, and that certainly influenced the direction I went with my second soundset for it.

djshire wrote:Predator
ES2
Predator? Seriously? :D

Are all patches made for a same kind of music? No.

For example, Drone music... you cant use trance sounds and you'll need a lot of robotic voices and dark pads.

Ambient, pads and strings. Trance, well here you have almost everything you need in the common default banks :D

And then we have cinematic/orchestral folks. So I think we have for all the tastes here.

Its good for people to ask for what they would like to see done for a determined synth. Im sure if some people PAID for a bank that was done specially for a synth (you can ask all the pro sound designers here :D) that would be a blast of a bank! and for sure people would pay/donate for it.

I agree with Harmor, its very good (Im a sytrus user for years and its the best recent cousin). Im looking to buy Sakura and harmless, as they are very good for emulation of acoustics.

Anti-Logic wrote:From the back of my head, Brainstormer and Hydi don't have any patches, other than the default ini one.
HYDi does have extra patches here @KVR:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/hydi-by-td/downloads

I like the 'whale' patch. Halma did some fun stuff. All and all - there should be about 320 patches.

Andrew

T-Force Alpha Plus

ACE

Blue II - I really don't understand why there are not more soundsets for this monster of a synth. It's not particularly hard to understand and it can make really great sounds. I would love Jomol to bring out some extra banks for it.

aMUSEd wrote:Blue II - I really don't understand why there are not more soundsets for this monster of a synth. It's not particularly hard to understand and it can make really great sounds. I would love Jomol to bring out some extra banks for it.
Maybe it's because the synth itself comes with more presets than any one person could ever use in a lifetime. I don't think I own one synth that has more presets that come with it.

Ironically, in a recent poll that I conducted, Blue II came in 2nd most requested synth to have a library made for it.

Here were the top 8 results.

Omnisphere 2 - 13
Blue II - 12
Synthmaster - 10
MUX Modular - 9
Mpowersynth - 9
Diva - 9
Spectral - 8
Harmor - 8

The only synth I won't be doing a set for this year is Diva.

Very interesting results.

wagtunes wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Blue II - I really don't understand why there are not more soundsets for this monster of a synth. It's not particularly hard to understand and it can make really great sounds. I would love Jomol to bring out some extra banks for it.
Maybe it's because the synth itself comes with more presets than any one person could ever use in a lifetime. I don't think I own one synth that has more presets that come with it.
Yeah but it's a bit misleading because the majority were made for Blue 1 and do not really use all of Blue II's capabilities. Also the majority were programmed by Rob and on the whole I prefer Jomol's which tend to be more complex and interesting to me (Rob's a capable designer but more EDM focussed) and make better use of Blue II's potential.

EuterpeXL don't have the presets to match the synth.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

aMUSEd wrote:
Yeah but it's a bit misleading because the majority were made for Blue 1 and do not really use all of Blue II's capabilities. Also the majority were programmed by Rob and on the whole I prefer Jomol's which tend to be more complex and interesting to me (Rob's a capable designer but more EDM focussed) and make better use of Blue II's potential.
Jomol does have some killer sounds on that synth. Blue II is just generally great imo, I get awed by it every time I open it.
Ha ha suck it!

Apostate wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Jomol does have some killer sounds on that synth. Blue II is just generally great imo, I get awed by it every time I open it.
Speaking of Blue II, man has Omnisphere spoiled me.

You cannot mod the FX through the Mods section. You have to use MIDI CC and the problem with that is you can't set min and max values. So if you use the mod wheel, it cycles from lowest value all the way to max. For delays and verbs, heck, for anything for that matter, this can be overkill when you've got mod wheel assigned to something else that uses min and max values.

So what I had to do as a workaround for one effect I wanted to create was duplicate osc B to osc C. Set B to dry and C to FX A. Set mod wheel to mod volume C to increase with the mod wheel and volume B to decrease. This gives the illusion of delay being added to the patch.

Would have been nice if I could have just gone to the mod slots and put in Mod Wheel, 40%, FX A Mix and set FX A Mix initially to zero.

I get that most VSTs don't have mod slots for the FX but boy it would have been nice if they did.

Omnisphere 2 is going to spoil the crap out of me.

I have a pair of old socks that could do with a few patches if you're interested. :oops:

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Not sure you're looking in the right place re Blue II.
Last edited by Apostate on Thu May 28, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha suck it!

Okay, I'm officially an idiot.

Blue II has it's own mod matrix (though limited to 2 slots) for FX.

It ain't great, but it'll do.

Return to “Instruments”