Vertigo synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vertigo

Vertigo is a 256 oscillators additive synth with resynthesis and sound morphing. Imports WAV/AIFF/OGG/FLAC audio and PNG/BMP images. It has a very accurate recreation of complex musical phrases, drumloops, speech and simple tones. Demo version includes 128 presets and it's available as 32 and 64-bit AudioUnits or VST / VST3.

Last edited by discoDSP on Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 am, edited 8 times in total.

I noticed that Vertigo had been removed from my account and sent in a support ticket.

So actually, it's EUR 19 to have it put back in my account as R3.5? Thanks for the confirmation.

UPDATE: Ok, thanks, I just got your reply:
Versions prior to R3.2 are end of life/support. Please log at Members Area http://www.discodsp.com/members/ to request 3.5 update, thanks.
That was a bit sudden. Can we request to download older versions if needed?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ok Aloysius, not much time to reply right now, so sorry for these delays.

R3.5 is a paid update. Downloads/support from any previous versions are ended.

Older versions are not provided but depending on the particular case we can sort something out, so I'd appreciate sorting it via Private Message or e-mail.

Hope it's more clear now.

Ok George.

Has VST hosting been added back into the Paid For, turned freeware, turned End Of Line, turned Paid For 'update' to Highlife ? I have v1.3 loaded up right now and I can't see it.
George wrote:Yes, VST hosting / sampling should be available on release 1.3. Thumbnail has been updated by the way, thanks for pointing up.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... t=highlife

I understand that Phantom also reached its End Of Life and that is why it was suddenly removed from my account some time ago.

All of these 'little things' are starting to add up. I don't know George, I'm a bit sceptical about upgrading again at this time.

I was a little put out at first but then remembered that the R3 update was free. Strange way of doing stuff but I guess it's fair this time.

Can't seem to hear the B layer though when I switch to it - I can see the partials being changed but the sound is still the A layer. I can't keep my hand on the MW and edit and play the keyboard to hear it all at the same time.

Aloysius wrote:Ok George.

Has VST hosting been added back into the Paid For, turned freeware, turned End Of Line, turned Paid For 'update' to Highlife ? I have v1.3 loaded up right now and I can't see it.

I understand that Phantom also reached its End Of Life and that is why it was suddenly removed from my account some time ago.

All of these 'little things' are starting to add up. I don't know George, I'm a bit sceptical about upgrading again at this time.
I don't really like to talk about this on the dedicated Vertigo thread, but let me clear things up publicly:

- HighLife: v1.4 was considered to be discontinued and the decision to make it freeware was taken mostly because of that. Years after, source code had to be rewritten to be able to bring multi-platform support for Linux and Mac, new filters, etc. which costs money to do, so the new release changed to paid.

VST hosting was not possible because there was zero multi-platform code and was too big task to happen, that's why it was said should, not will. But HighLife 2 is headed for that, in a multi-platform way (it will be a paid update).

- Phantom: Is not EOL at all. If you are not seeing it at your account please let me know the purchase ID and I will gladly verify, because after checking the database today I could see HighLife 1.3 available, and the download too, so I don't know why it's not available.

- Vertigo: Update roadmap has been consistent over the years and releases: 1.5 was paid as well as 2.5 and now 3.5. Not much more to say about it.

aMUSEd wrote:Can't seem to hear the B layer though when I switch to it - I can see the partials being changed but the sound is still the A layer. I can't keep my hand on the MW and edit and play the keyboard to hear it all at the same time.
Check Morphing Vel > Morph knob has values higher than zero.

George wrote: Check Morphing Vel > Morph knob has values higher than zero.
That's not what I want, I want to hear the pure B layer, not a morph between them. If it's possible to edit each layer separately it should also be possible to hear each layer separately or you are editing 'blind'.

George wrote:...
- Phantom: Is not EOL at all. If you are not seeing it at your account please let me know the purchase ID and I will gladly verify, because after checking the database today I could see HighLife 1.3 available, and the download too, so I don't know why it's not available.
Well, in 2013 I did ask you about Phantom and you told me yourself it had been removed from my account. I'll dig out the email and send you a copy later on when I have more time. Just to refresh ... ''... full downloads are not available, that's why they don't display there. Those files are supposed to be backed up by the customer.''

I know Highlife 1.3 is available and I know it is in my account. Please see my previous post.

i have phantom in my account, and had just upgraded to R3.5. however, it would've been better not to remove the old Vertigo installers from my account and replacing it with an upgrade link. i do keep backups, but this just feels wrong IMO.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Not a DiscoDSP customer, but i always wondered why companies don't give their customers the opportunity to download old installers anymore. The effort of hosting those can't be that big really. It's really comfortable to be able to download the products you bought, noone i know backs up all his files on his harddisk.

aMUSEd wrote:
That's not what I want, I want to hear the pure B layer, not a morph between them. If it's possible to edit each layer separately it should also be possible to hear each layer separately or you are editing 'blind'.
I'd recommend to set Mod Wheel to max and set Morphing Values Mod Wheel the same to hear pure B layer.

Aloysius wrote:Well, in 2013 I did ask you about Phantom and you told me yourself it had been removed from my account. I'll dig out the email and send you a copy later on when I have more time. Just to refresh ... ''... full downloads are not available, that's why they don't display there. Those files are supposed to be backed up by the customer.''
I'll investigate the Phantom license issue and will keep in touch thru e-mail. I have already received your by the way.

George wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
I'd recommend to set Mod Wheel to max and set Morphing Values Mod Wheel the same to hear pure B layer.
I know I can do that but as I said I can't easily edit the layer and play the keyboard at the same time as moving the MW, I only have 2 hands, if I have layer 1 switched on I only hear layer 1, if I switch to layer 2 it should be the same.

aMUSEd wrote:I know I can do that but as I said I can't easily edit the layer and play the keyboard at the same time as moving the MW, I only have 2 hands, why isn't it possible to solo layer 2 like you can solo layer 1?
Getting confused. Can't mod wheel be set to max and left like that? On the worst case you can set it on Vertigo GUI.

Return to “Instruments”