Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the curves in the pictures so I'd probably love them irl!

btw, this model probably isn't available in the US because Gibson seems to hold some kind of patent or trademark on that 4 knob design.

I'm not getting a new guitar, but I did just join the Kickstarter campaign for the new Paul Vo Wond. I love doing Ebow drones on my Strat, and I've been lusting after the Moog guitar ever since it came out. For $200, this is about as close as I'm going to come, and it looks like a huge improvement over the Ebow!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/38 ... rol-in-you
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It's too expensive for what it is. Sounds good, though.

that Samick is gorgeous. aged to perfection :)

Uncle E wrote:I like the curves in the pictures so I'd probably love them irl!

btw, this model probably isn't available in the US because Gibson seems to hold some kind of patent or trademark on that 4 knob design.
Isn't the Dean Cadillac the same format?
Please don't make me go downstairs and look...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:Isn't the Dean Cadillac the same format?
Let your Google fingers do the walking.

Maybe it's the combination of the 4 knobs and single cutaway? The Cadillac certainly is different enough in every other way. Anyway, I shouldn't pretend to be an expert on this, it's just something ESP told me.

Uncle E wrote:
werp wrote:Isn't the Dean Cadillac the same format?
Let your Google fingers do the walking.

Maybe it's the combination of the 4 knobs and single cutaway? The Cadillac certainly is different enough in every other way. Anyway, I shouldn't pretend to be an expert on this, it's just something ESP told me.
My fingers currently have a limp :P
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

When Gibson was producing Epi's at Samick They (Gibson) made Samick go through certain hoops. Prior to that and after that (gibson no longer has samick making epi's in korea) Samick was as free as any other manufacturer to clone (within limitations) LP's as much as any other company that produced "non lawsuit" LP's

For a time.. Everyone had a take on the LP. Gibson was very happy to paste a LP looking headstock/Logo over Neal Schon's Aria Pro and Clone the PE version for a LP version of the same guitar.

Many LP copies have the 2 volume / 2 tone pot setup and they sell like mad
http://www.cheapguitarguide.com/les-paul-guitars.html
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I didn't realize the Agile was so cheap - always heard a lot of good things about their LPs.
Sweet child in time...

I'm very suspicious of Agile. They are owned by Rondo. My SX Furrian was a complete let down.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

macmurphy wrote:that Samick is gorgeous. aged to perfection :)
Thanks! Well, it wasn't mine in the picture, this is:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/133600341 ... ed-public/

With its new family:

And the more modernistic brats:

Hope the links work, first time using flickr...

So, it's an artist series samick.... Great choice
I had a samick jazz box artist series.

I loved samick guitars back then (artist/valley arts) hate em now.

tapper mike wrote:So, it's an artist series samick.... Great choice

Nice!
Never found a Jazz guitar I clicked with, but love them "in theory" and their sound when played by others.
Not that common in the stores here so might just be a numbers game.
Then again, maybe they're just not for me or maybe they're hard to build.

Weird enough it's the same with the Ibanez 2370 in the "family picture" above. We had a short period of romance when I bought it (as my third guitar) in the late 70's but I rarely pick it up now. I keep it for nostalgic reasons mostly. But a few guitarist visiting have tried it and think it's great and the damn thing starts singing again for them. Probably just in my head but I don't like it.

Uncle E wrote:It's too expensive for what it is. Sounds good, though.
I see your point, but I disagree. Or I'm just very good at rationalizing luxury purchases. :lol:

The Wond appears to be way more expressive and responsive than an Ebow, and I would therefore expect it to cost more. On the other hand, I always felt the Ebow was overpriced for what it did. But for someone like me who really loves that sustaining effect but could never justify anything more extravagant than an Ebow, I think the Wond is a nice balance of price and performance. Unfortunately, I won't be able to tell you if I was right or not until long after it is bought and paid for, but I'm feeling optimistic.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

beltrom wrote:
tapper mike wrote:So, it's an artist series samick.... Great choice

Nice!
Never found a Jazz guitar I clicked with, but love them "in theory" and their sound when played by others.
Not that common in the stores here so might just be a numbers game.
Then again, maybe they're just not for me or maybe they're hard to build.

Weird enough it's the same with the Ibanez 2370 in the "family picture" above. We had a short period of romance when I bought it (as my third guitar) in the late 70's but I rarely pick it up now. I keep it for nostalgic reasons mostly. But a few guitarist visiting have tried it and think it's great and the damn thing starts singing again for them. Probably just in my head but I don't like it.
My Samick jazz box was great for awhile then fell apart. I searched far and wide for another serious box. I went to 5 different stores looking for the right box. I swear I put 4 or more years into the search. Most decent jazz boxes were way way out of my range. And the low end ones (wino, butler, yorktown) were crap. I finally happend on my JX17 which is very much a 30's 40's type sound and my JX 16 which is very much a 50's 60's type sound. I love the tone of the JX16 so much it overwhelms my playing. I'm still drooling over the tone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUgekAwmDo

I bought them on ebay for roughly $300 on ebay.

The other part is just Living jazz guitar as opposed to hoping you can play jazz. Stop listening to whatever you are listening to and just listen to jazz. Put whatever you are currently playing to one side and learn some jazz standards. Play the chord progressions or play the melody and if you are really adventurous learn chord-melody approach to jazz.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”