Izotope RX loudness control - come pay extra for the RX4 fix as a separate plugin...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's just sad. I was really looking into Nectar 2. Now I'm not that sure anymore considering the company's update strategy. Guess my Stutter Edit will be the only Izotope product I have.

I owed several of their products in the past, but I've totally abandoned Izotope and all their products for this exact reason. Sold them all.

No thanks, find other monkeys than me.

Hi Folks,

I’m always listening, via both the public forums and email. All of us share your passion for audio, for making the world a better sounding place, and I sincerely appreciate your honest, continued input.

I’d like to reiterate that RX Loudness Control is an entirely new product offering, driven by a large volume of requests for a dedicated loudness processing solution.

Given that this is the first time we've introduced additional products to the RX family of products, (which now includes RX 4, RX Final Mix, and RX Loudness Control), I completely understand the mixed reaction among those of you used to there being a single product under the RX umbrella, and those of you excited to get your hands on these features as soon as possible.

With that said, we're always continuously developing our existing products, including the ones you already own, such as RX 4. In fact, I’m excited for you to see some of the technological and sonic advancements we’re making to the extensive collection of repair tools in RX Standard / Advanced. Stay tuned!

Yours,

Matt

matthines wrote:
With that said, we're always continuously developing our existing products, including the ones you already own, such as RX 4. In fact, I’m excited for you to see some of the technological and sonic advancements we’re making to the extensive collection of repair tools in RX Standard / Advanced. Stay tuned!

Yours,

Matt
The problem here is that you hardly ever update existing products with new features, but you always try to sell us the new features as a major upgrade for several hundred bucks, and often you break backwards compatibility with former version. But you've read that before a million times I suppose, so I might as well just shut up.

Izotope surely masters the corporate rhetoric.

this is when everything changed at Izotope....

Leading Audio Technology Company iZotope Inc Scores 12 Million Investment
Company Focused on Continuing to Develop Leading Technology for Amateurs and Professionals

Cambridge, MA (September 4, 2013) – iZotope, Inc., a leading audio technology company, today announced a $12 million investment from ABS Capital Partners, a leading investor in later-stage growth companies. iZotope will use the funds to develop new products, expand their markets and increase sales and marketing efforts. As a result of the financing, ABS Capital general partner Laura Witt will join the Company's board of directors, as will Dean Goodermote, a former ABS Capital portfolio company CEO, a board member of Berklee College of Music, and a successful technology and software executive.

But that's the old news.

Neon Breath wrote:Izotope surely masters the corporate rhetoric.
Ouch! The features that we build, and the products that they appear in, are driven entirely by our users.

Sure, that doesn't mean we'll always get it right, but I'm excited for what you'll see us working on soon. I'd love to learn more about the types of work that you do, and the positive and negative experiences you've had with iZotope products thus far.

As always, I'm reachable on here, and via email @ matt.h@izotope.com. I promise you i'm not a robot ;-)

matthines wrote:Hi Folks,

I’m always listening, via both the public forums and email. All of us share your passion for audio, for making the world a better sounding place, and I sincerely appreciate your honest, continued input.

Yours,

Matt
What happened to Brad ? lol.

He said pretty much the same thing that you just have. :shrug:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:
matthines wrote:Hi Folks,

Yours,

Matt

Yes, Brad vanished as sudden as he he appeared, they probably upgraded him to version 2 and he's now working on Iris 5 which combines Trash 2 with RX4 and Ozone 6 without all the features, just the GUIs.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Yes, Brad vanished as sudden as he he appeared, they probably upgraded him to version 2 and he's now working on Iris 5 which combines Trash 2 with RX4 and Ozone 6 without all the features, just the GUIs.
:hihi:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
matthines wrote:

Yours,

Matt
The problem here is that you hardly ever update existing products with new features, but you always try to sell us the new features as a major upgrade for several hundred bucks, and often you break backwards compatibility with former version. But you've read that before a million times I suppose, so I might as well just shut up.
Well no, please don´t shut up. Let´s now and then keep reminding Izotope that many of their customers are looking forward to free, or at least reasonable priced, updates on existing products, and that we consider the value of, or the lack thereof, a long term investment in their products.

I've given up long time ago on iZotope. Too bad we already invested in RX advanced but there's no way they'll be seeing any more money from us. Luckily there are alternatives for most of their products.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I've given up long time ago on iZotope. Too bad we already invested in RX advanced but there's no way they'll be seeing any more money from us. Luckily there are alternatives for most of their products.
+1
sold everything from my account...bye bye izotope...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ben H wrote:

Yes, Brad vanished as sudden as he he appeared, they probably upgraded him to version 2 and he's now working on Iris 5 which combines Trash 2 with RX4 and Ozone 6 without all the features, just the GUIs.
:lol:

Return to “Effects”