IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: realize that I won't be participating. We have people assigned your issue that can do so, I suggest you continue any dialogue you have with those folks at IK if you'd like to move forward. I sincerely hope you get it running, best to you in that regard.
Outside of whatever interesting dance the above may have been (it always seems kind of surreal) ...
I'm only letting others know I haven't forgotten and haven't yet given up on IK either.
You didn't have to participate at all really. That was your choice Peter. :)

Looking forward to 3.6

I just tried a few of the mentioned kits have seen loading times from 9-19 seconds depending on the instrument loaded. My samples are on a separate 4 year old SATA II 7200 RPM drive.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Does anyone know what does Red LED mean?

Cant find any explaination in the manual
That turns red when there is external MIDI data (from a controller, meaning not from the patterns or virtual keyboard) on that MIDI channel.
themachinelt wrote: This is so strange, because the MIDI devices are not even enabled in my DAW and this shows when playing MIDI pattern.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Interesting that should not be the case according to support, I didn't test patterns - if the patterns are on a MIDI track in your DAW that would also count as external MIDI which would trigger that red indicator.
Just to correct you on this......it turns red when that instrument runs out of Polyphony. When it turns red go to the Edit page and look for the " ! " next to the number to the upper right of the Polyphony dial. Increase the Poly until you no longer get the red box. The box turns grey when receiving midi........

You got your answer from "support" ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Does anyone know what does Red LED mean?

Cant find any explaination in the manual
That turns red when there is external MIDI data (from a controller, meaning not from the patterns or virtual keyboard) on that MIDI channel.
themachinelt wrote: This is so strange, because the MIDI devices are not even enabled in my DAW and this shows when playing MIDI pattern.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Interesting that should not be the case according to support, I didn't test patterns - if the patterns are on a MIDI track in your DAW that would also count as external MIDI which would trigger that red indicator.
Just to correct you on this......it turns red when that instrument runs out of Polyphony. When it turns red go to the Edit page and look for the " ! " next to the number to the upper right of the Polyphony dial. Increase the Poly until you no longer get the red box. The box turns grey when receiving midi........

You got your answer from "support" ? :?
Thank you!!! it worked :) didnt knew this :)

By the way, thanks for ST3 update, now switching tabs is really much more faster :)

But i still hope in future updates Ram usage of empty instrument will be lowered. It takes around 800mb (thats nearly 1Gb) of RAM.

Wasnt there before if you double clicked on loaded instrument it would direct you in the browser to the location its stored?

MickGael wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...it should do wonders for those that had lag issues...

Not here, I'm afraid.
Strange, we're getting many reports that things are now VERY fast for them. Please let support know and see if they have any more insight or at least some more information [edit - meaning your system info, etc etc] to report over to the devs.

I'll submit another ticket. 16GB of RAM here, so I doubt that's the culprit.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

BERFAB wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Yes it should do wonders for those that had lag issues, and we are ready for the new libraries coming soon to SampleTank 3
Peter-
Is there any improvement in the load times for the larger instruments? I would love to have the POP Piano and the Alt. acoustic drumkit as my go-to's, but even on a fast system like mine, I'm often finding 3-4 minutes to load these.

Cheers
-B
I'd report this to support if you have not already, even with a non-SSD drive that is much longer than anybody here is experiencing. 3.5 brought improvements to the instrument load times, and 3.5.1 fixes the other lag issues that were reported. If running 3.5 you should not be seeing load times anywhere near that, from what I can see.
Couple of things:

First, I have no issues with the load times of anything other than the "premium" instruments, i.e. the deep sampled stuff like the pianos and drums. All other aspects of ST3 seem to work as I'm used to with ST2, etc. However, while loading the premium stuff, the progress bar is visible and active, just very slow. And, interestingly, I don't experience crashes as a result--just slow loading.

Second, I have no issues with the load times of any of my other sampler/rompler instruments, and I own all the majors, including: Kontakt, Halion 5, Machfive 3 and Dim Pro. I own some pretty hefty sampled instruments, but nothing else takes this long to load.

Third, while not new, my setup is still very robust, and I keep it as tuned up as possible. I also run the latest versions of all the stuff I own, and my current DAW is Cubase Pro 8 (x64).

Finally, I will be upgrading the hardware very soon. My computer engineer son is in the process of building me a custom studio machine with all the latest bells and whistles specifically designed to make processing the all the audio stuff we do a breeze. For the past two weeks it's looked like we won a contest at Newegg. Boxes arrive daily. I don't know what's in 'em, but my son keeps smiling, rubbing his hands together and muttering something about the BIOS and the motherboard. What I DO know is that at least one of those boxes contains the SSD thingy that you all go on about. So I'm probably covered there. In any event, I'll report back after it's all built and let you know the results.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Let me finish with just one aside:

I must say that over the past few months since Sampletank 3 was released, I have done a complete 180 about it. I was not overly enthused about the original release. Frankly it seemed a bit slapdash and behind the times compared to where the technology had advanced to since the last Sampletank 2.5 update. However, with the recent updates and improvements, I've been re-evaluating ST3, and am coming to the conclusion that in it's current state of development, it really is a force to reckon with. First and foremost, it is extremely playable. Much of the new material is first rate, and very easy to access. And personally, I find the addition of included MIDI files extremely useful and inspiring. Very easy to set up, and convenient. And the continuing effort shown with the upgrades is, hopefully, an indicator of the dedication to future development. Nice.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Oh that sounds great (and your current setup is no slouch either) :) I definitely wasn't implying it was anything you or your system were doing, just something our team could help identify better by working directly with them. The main goal was hopefully not having you wait minutes to use very playable and robust instruments as it is frustrating when creativity is impeded by waiting. I'm a bit impatient myself, so I was feeling your pain.

Thank you for the kind words about ST3, I will surely relay those too. Let me (and support) know about your experience

Edit - as an aside I really do enjoy Cubase 8 too, and the workflow of sketching ideas on the iPad version (Cubasis) into the desktop version is VERY convenient if you are into that.

themachinelt wrote:Wasnt there before if you double clicked on loaded instrument it would direct you in the browser to the location its stored?
Sorry! But anyone ? :)

EDIT: Its a BUG

It does get to the location of the instrument, but if its NOT Favorited. I've had favorited alot of the patches before and after update if i load favorite, return to normal view and double or single click on the patch it does not go to the location favorite patch is located.

The american guitar is awesome. Hope it is as playable as the
factory content.

bill45 wrote:The american guitar is awesome. Hope it is as playable as the
factory content.
Yes it is very playable, I look forward to your thoughts if you decide to go for it.

Two new SampleTank 3 sound libraries are here: Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano and Terry Bozzio Drums.

Here is a video for the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano library:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJTT2zJqlk

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Two new SampleTank 3 sound libraries are here: Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano and Terry Bozzio Drums.

Here is a video for the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano library:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQJTT2zJqlk

Thanks Peter... Keep them coming... Waiting on that Electric Bass Library... :tu:

I have to pay to download my library again( "download expired")....is this a joke or are you serious?

:dog:

TrekStar wrote:I have to pay to download my library again( "download expired")....is this a joke or are you serious?
If you did not back up your download over the 6-month period you were allotted in which to download and back it up, then you would need to use a Sound Reactivation Credit in order to download them again. There is typically an email with detailed instructions and recommendation to back up your downloads that is sent with the purchase of IK digital delivery products. This is also covered in this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2599

Return to “Instruments”