files that tracktion 6 reads

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

header pretty much says it all. i'm having a problem with some files that can't be read. (to be fair i don't know what format they are in, i'm still in newbie territory!) these files load in ableton, and mixcraft, but not in tracktion. thanks for any help.

What extension do they have? If you're in Windows and haven't got it set to show extensions, you should be able to get the extension and file type by right-clicking the file(s) and choosing Properties.

If you're on a Mac, one of the Macsters will advise.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I suppose it's the .rex file format?

See this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=437313

it's not a rex format. i'm not sure what format it is. is there a place where i can find out what kind of files tracktion can play.

carllackey wrote:header pretty much says it all. i'm having a problem with some files that can't be read. (to be fair i don't know what format they are in, i'm still in newbie territory!) these files load in ableton, and mixcraft, but not in tracktion. thanks for any help.
It would be great to have a definitive answer to this. The Loops database supports these:

But "MP3/Ogg/etc.." makes me wonder what 'etc' might include.

Update: I have found that .m4a files import into Tracktion just fine on my system.

the files i tried to use are files found in ableton. they work fine in mixcraft, sonor, s1,reason, but not in tracktion... unusual. the folder was some loops from the samplephonic library.

Tell us the file extensions and we can tell you the formats and whether Tracktion will read them.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

will do when i get home! thanks!

Return to “Tracktion”