feature request: Alt-Clicking on the send knob opens the 1st vst of the respective send chain

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

example:
send1= reverb + eq + whatever owsome

Alt-clicking in the knob which controls the wet signal of this send, say in an audio track, would make visible the reverb vst. I find this very useful in other DAW.

Hope this is easy to implement and useful for many :)
what you think?

better send in to tech support if you want this considered ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

Nah, too specific imo.
There´s usually a chain of different devices on there.

what would you put before the reverb in send reverb chain?
before the chorus in send chorus chain?
before the compressor in send parallel compression chain?

obviously there are no rules but it's common this practice, no? maybe that's just me.. i tend to have very few stuff in sends, and the main effect usually in first place of the chain.

what is the disavantages? the advantage is that we could edit and tune the main send effect without leaving the context of a track i am working...

estrica2000 wrote:what would you put before the reverb in send reverb chain?
before the chorus in send chorus chain?
before the compressor in send parallel compression chain?
EQ. But they are usually inside one of the mod devices. Parallel processing i do on the tracks using fx layers.
obviously there are no rules but it's common this practice, no? maybe that's just me.. i tend to have very few stuff in sends, and the main effect usually in first place of the chain.
Yeah maybe i´m the outlier here but that feature never did it for me in other daws.
what is the disavantages? the advantage is that we could edit and tune the main send effect without leaving the context of a track i am working...
Alt+click could be used as a general modifier down the road.

Also if you select the effect track your vsts opens already.

"Also if you select the effect track your vsts opens already." but you loose the focus on the track you working

to all the rest would like to know what other people tend to use. The only DAW i know that has this feature is Cubase, what others do this?

Thank you for debating

estrica2000 wrote:The only DAW i know that has this feature is Cubase, what others do this?
Actually i was thinking of Live´s auto-naming of the returns. Neat feature, always gave me EQ8 or comp as a name.
Logic showing the bus next to the selected track came to my mind as well, definitely helped with big projects.

But in Bitwig i manage to stay at a low track count thanks to the racks.
And tbh i still use the effect tracks as buses, let´s see how this changes when 1.2 drops.

"Logic showing the bus next to the selected track came to my mind as well, definitely helped with big projects."
that might be a good reference. Ok :tu:

could you please make a screen shot of how it is implmente in logic please?

I´m on windows now (not really by choice). Quick search found this:

thank you for the effort! so this "inpector" view means the user has clicked on the "phones button" on sends section? and so on the right side i see the phones chain? if so i like :)

It´s a part of the mixer you can see here, the channel selected and next to it its output channel. So not really what you asked for..

Doesnt alt+click already modifikation for small adjustments? Maybe alt+doubleklick could be for this feature
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

i think you mean shit click (small adjustments) . But any Key modifier will work. The way i thought logic had implemented seems very interesting (but seems more complex to implement). I like dreaming :)

estrica2000 wrote:i think you mean shit click (small adjustments) . But any Key modifier will work. The way i thought logic had implemented seems very interesting (but seems more complex to implement). I like dreaming :)
No i had wrong its shift for small adjustments xD cant see what alt is doing seems free
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Return to “Bitwig”