Spectral: new user notes and quick feature requests

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello!

I'm thoroughly testing Linplug Spectral (1.2.6) for a couple of days and I’m deeply impressed with the well-thought-out concept of the synth and the unique modern sound.

There are some of my quick notes and feature requests:

1. Currently there is no quick way to solo a specific OSC. Proposal: solo an OSC by (right)double-clicking on it’s number?

2. As there are 4 OSCs it’s a good idea to have something like pre-delay phase in the OSC envelopes (similar to Delay for the LFOs) to bring in oscillators at different predefined times.

3. There were several times when I needed the possibility to quickly disable/reenable all Mod Matrix modulations at once (possible command in a Tools menu?).

4. I think there should be an option like "Link Mod Matrix Source/Target” to show the respective sections of Spectral GUI by (right)clicking on an active Mod Matrix routing (in addition to an option “Link Gen/Fil and Envelopes”).

5. I miss some visual way to distinguish between the static parameters (parameters without modulation or modulated with their dedicated envelopes) and parameters modulated using the Mod Matrix. Is it possible to put some visual mark (like color dot or something like this) near the parameters which are modulated using Mod Matrix?

6. In addition to FR #5 I’m missing a visual GUI feedback of dynamically modulated parameters (tiny value animations, momentary displays of changed envelopes, LFOs etc). Maybe such a visual feedback is considering as "lame" by a professional sound designers, but this really helps when you are setting values on a new synth.

7. I’m missing something like the “Alt-shift-clik” to enter maximum/minimum value at once when clicking in the upper/lower part of the control.

What do you think about these?

Thank you!
CU
VK

Hi Valery,
thank you for your comments

> 1. Currently there is no quick way to solo a specific OSC.

Right click and Osc switch (left side 1..4)

> 2. As there are 4 OSCs it’s a good idea to have something like pre-delay phase in the OSC envelopes

Suggestion Noted

> 3. There were several times when I needed the possibility to quickly disable/reenable all Mod Matrix

dito

> 4. I think there should be an option like "Link Mod Matrix Source/Target” to show the respective sections of

as the modules are not necessarely visible I'm not sure if this is not more confusing than enlightning

>5. I miss some visual way to distinguish between the static parameters (parameters without
> modulation or modulated with their dedicated envelopes) and parameters modulated using
> the Mod Matrix. Is it possible to put some visual mark (like color dot or something like this)
> near the parameters which are modulated using Mod Matrix?

Again I feel this rather disturbs the view than making it clearer,

> 6. In addition to FR #5 I’m missing a visual GUI feedback of dynamically modulated parameters (
> tiny value animations, momentary displays of changed envelopes, LFOs etc). Maybe such a visual
> feedback is considering as "lame" by a professional sound designers, but this really helps when you
> are setting values on a new synth.

ok, I heard you :)

> 7. I’m missing something like the “Alt-shift-clik” to enter maximum/minimum value at once
> when clicking in the upper/lower part of the control.

Thanks for all suggestions, I will see what others say and go from there :)
Peter

Peter from LinPlug wrote: > 1. Currently there is no quick way to solo a specific OSC.
Right click and Osc switch (left side 1..4)
This is an enable/disable switch for a specific OSC (as far as I understand) and I was requesting a quick way to solo an OSC (by muting others). Currently in 4-OSC patch it takes three right-clicks to solo an OSC and then three right-clicks to un-solo it.
CU
VK

Lol, you're right. Currenty you would have to mute the other used oscs. However, both mute and the workaround may be misleading because of oscillator crossmodulation.

Return to “LinPlug”