Charlatan 2.0 Final Free VA synth released (Windows)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

alvfaria wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:There's a dropbox link on the blog too ...
Yes. I created this dropbox alternative because I have forgot that Bandcamp only gives 200 free downloads per month.
Thanks for the sounds :)

Hi,
i am giving the beta 3 a little test ride and i haven't found any bug yet, looking good, but I found one usability inconsistency in my eyes: the OSC2 octave button works like a knob (mouse dragging up and down) whereas all the other knobs of that kind bring up a menu. Would be better if all buttons work the same way imho.

Can the presets made for made for version 1.xx not be loaded in charlatan 2 ?
I have problems with loading my selfmade single fxp's , they simply not load into charlatan .

K82 wrote:Can the presets made for made for version 1.xx not be loaded in charlatan 2 ?
I have problems with loading my selfmade single fxp's , they simply not load into charlatan .
it seems to be hit and miss for me. some load, others just freeze up the synth :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
K82 wrote:it seems to be hit and miss for me. some load, others just freeze up the synth :shrug:
Yup. More hit and miss in my case. I hope the authors will maybe update their banks.
On the other hand, the new Charlatan sounds really awesome! I wasn't using it, but now it's part of my synth list ;) I like that almost clinical clear sound even after heavily effected, and the unison is killer!
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

I have a final 2.0 build ready which fixes all reported problems (loading old presets, multi-monitor, excessive pitch drift). Just needs some more testing...

karrikuh wrote:I have a final 2.0 build ready which fixes all reported problems (loading old presets, multi-monitor, excessive pitch drift). Just needs some more testing...
great! :tu:

ty sir!

I am loving the new version and this is a great synth that is truly inspiring...I use it in every mix and I'm not kidding when I say that it replaced Diva as a bass layer in the tracks..I requested one feature before - to make the noise oscillator a separate oscillator - and that happened :) This time I have one more request to enhance the features of the new version...It would be great to increase the polyphony to 12 or even 16 voices...24 voices would be killer too...Thanks once again for a great synth...It's a real gem :) ajw
Last edited by digitalboytn on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

It is a great sounding synth.

digitalboytn wrote: it replaced Diva as a bass layer in the tracks..
yup, can't go wrong considering the CPU resource saved in doing so! 8)

i've never thought about more polyphony as its use for me has always been for
bass, but i guess it wouldn't hurt. :borg:

oh, this is gonna be tight, man. thanks k!

Add a f**king hi-pass filter type, for f**k's sake!

PLEASE!!!

I've had Charlatan lying around my HD for a long time now but haven't actually used it much, but with Charlatan2 i find myself creating sounds just for the sake of it, which i practically never do (if i design sounds, it is usually for a specific purpose in a song), but it is really fun and i can brush up my sound design skills a bit... already created a whole bank.
The new features are great and it is still easy to use. I especially like the bandpass and 2pole filter types, very nice addition, and unison adds a range of new sound possibilities.

My only feature request would be a more flexible routing for MW (e.g. directly to filter) and to control LFO via aftertouch.
Great job, karrikuh!

how do i save presets?

ere2learn wrote:how do i save presets?
By using your DAWs method to save .fxb or .fxp files. If it supports that, i don't know if all do. If not, use VSThost or e.g. Mulab Free to load Charlatan and save sounds.

btw, if anyone is interested, i actually have made two banks with 32 presets each for Charlatan2 which as i already wrote is really unusual for me. One bank with rather classical, playable sounds and one with drum sounds.
As there is no entry for Charlatan2 in the product database so far i uploaded them on the charlatan1 page.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=2828

Return to “Instruments”