Helpful information for Steinberg Midex8 users

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to jump on Win7, finally (too much new software is refusing to install in XP). My main concern was about possible problems with unavailable drivers for legacy/unsupported devices like the Midex8 MIDI interface.

Steinberg made available Win7 - unsupported "use at your own risk - drivers on 2011, but only for 64bit machines (available here). The solution? Just install 32bit drivers for Win XP: they work flawlessly :hyper: :tu:

This could work also for Midex 3 and other devices. Before selling the unsupported hardware give old drivers a chance.

Yep. And the unsupported 64-bit driver works splendidly in Win7 too... at least in my experience.

My concern is windows 10 coming around the corner.. but considering how close Win7 is I suspect to Win10 underneath.. well I have my hopes up it will still work fully.

Damn, I hate this kind of problems related with drivers. Talking of MIDI interfaces they are so difficult to find at reasonable prices; that's why I'm not very prone to upgrade often. Hope 7 will be the minimum requirement for a very long time :hihi:

MaxSynths wrote:Damn, I hate this kind of problems related with drivers. Talking of MIDI interfaces they are so difficult to find at reasonable prices; that's why I'm not very prone to upgrade often. Hope 7 will be the minimum requirement for a very long time :hihi:

Considering you're already around 5 years behind the latest, I'd say yeah you're fine. :hihi:

:lol:

I'm a 'don't change a system of its working' type and only went Windows 7 this year after using the same PC on XP for ten years. The only reason I changed was that I needed 64-bit for my ever growing Kontakt and BFD libraries.

Anyway I have Midex3 and so far it seems to work flawlessly with Cubase Pro 8 and the unsupported drivers.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”