IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Is there a mono version of the Alan Parsons piano?
I see He used a bunch of different mics.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
TrekStar wrote:I have to pay to download my library again( "download expired")....is this a joke or are you serious?
If you did not back up your download over the 6-month period you were allotted in which to download and back it up, then you would need to use a Sound Reactivation Credit in order to download them again. There is typically an email with detailed instructions and recommendation to back up your downloads that is sent with the purchase of IK digital delivery products. This is also covered in this FAQ: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/2599
This is IK's way of trying to make more money by putting people off buying their products in the first place...

Don't bother trying to discuss this logically with Peter, he hasn't got a rational answer for it. (The real answer being "We think we can screw some more money out of loyal customers, can't admit we're wrong to do this, so will have to lose out on new customers, who would have paid us a hell of a lot more than the unnecessary re-download fee"...

Why not just hire another hosting package, and put the re-downloads on there? How many people, seriously, do they think will be re-downloading anything on any given day, out of their entire customer base? But let them carry on nitpicking and trying to screw every last cent out of people who have already paid them hundreds of dollars, what could possibly go wrong? LOL.

Like you I do not like the idea of having to pay again for what I already own, but you seem to not understand it costs money for hosting services. At least your posts suggest this concept.

It's not free, contrary to what people think.

It is not a popular decision to make but who do you propose should absorb the costs associated with doing business? More over, who do you think absorbs the costs at every business?

Could IKM continue to offer free downloads for life? Possibly. And I agree it would likely be beneficial to them to do so.

But then they have a business to run, executives to pay bonus to, and a huge yacht they rent for hosting wild extravagant parties (this taken from a previous post - and in jest!)

But seriously, this issue can be debated to the end of time and the bottom line is, this is what IKM decided to do as part of their business plan.

Your option is to support it or not. Posting rants on the internet is not going to change how they do business.

Customers will decide if they support the plan and if they do not they will move on. Only in this way will IKM know the result of their decisions.

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

What's the difference between the Alan Parsons Grand piano versions for ST2, ST3 and Reason (which I have) ?

Plus, I gave a rational answer here and countless times before - basslinemaster does not have enough information to judge IK's success in acquiring customers so I'm not really surprised at the limited scope from which inaccurate assumptions are borne. That's their right here, and it is always good to see the opinions, regardless.

We give 6x the duration we used to, we made Sound Reactivation Credits open ALL of your downloads instead of just one, have ensured that products transferred through the process we put in place do NOT require reactivation for the transferee, and we have done our best to inform users who purchase digital delivery products with sound libraries how long they have and suggest backing up the files. We also do our best to listen to anybody who contacts us directly when they feel they have a case to not have to use a Sound Reactivation Credit.

dsan@mail.com makes some good points, too, and yes we can see the results of decisions. In this case I see at least one person who did not benefit from (or may have not received, or something else at issue with) our direct communication about the policy and must not have a backup. I will continue to monitor for similar occurrences and make appropriate suggestions based on that. I know, that sounds quite evil after all, doesn't it...

I also enjoyed the comments in jest about the yachts and bonuses, and of course that's all very funny and I certainly appreciate the humor - but it also reminds me that while IK does know how to have fun (but mainly through enjoying the fruits of our labor making music and having that kind of fun which is low/no cost) IK also puts a ton back into the company so we can keep making the things we make and providing what we provide. Some of that is evident in the investments into multiple IK-run manufacturing facilities so we can be even more closely involved in making many of our accessory products, making sure we purchase real vintage gear instead of just relying on schematics and sound examples, and we also give frequently to those in need when disaster hits especially when it is at or near one of our global locations and/or affecting one of our valued team members. I've been at IK during multiple instances of the latter and it is both terrifying and impressive - mostly impressive, though, is how the people of IK band together to ensure that others are OK and though I see we get painted in an evil light here quite a bit I know from direct experience that there's an incredibly touching and caring vibe that I've been proud to be a part of for over five years now.

This isn't a disaster, though, so hopefully we can take a look at the communication of this policy and make sure that people are aware and not shocked and upset about it if they find themselves without a backup. We also have multiple methods of direct contact, too, and would be happy to hear constructive criticism and not just praise (which we do regularly hear via direct contact, though you might not believe it from what some might say here!).

bill45 wrote:Is there a mono version of the Alan Parsons piano?
I see He used a bunch of different mics.
There is not a specific mono version but you can use the Stereo Imager to achieve this. Thank you for the question.

Fleer wrote:What's the difference between the Alan Parsons Grand piano versions for ST2, ST3 and Reason (which I have) ?
The SampleTank 3 version was radically customized for the SampleTank 3 engine for better velocity response and overall dynamics. Though based on similar source material, the response between the ST2 and ST3 version is night and day.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Fri May 29, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<< too late >>
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:
Fleer wrote:What's the difference between the Alan Parsons Grand piano versions for ST2, ST3 and Reason (which I have) ?
Good question - I'd like to know too.
Answered above you :)

Also note that in SampleTank 3 the exclusive Acoustic Resonance effect is an incredible asset to have and really adds to the realism of the this library.

Thanks Peter, i'd still like to see a mono piano. The Parsons piano sounds awesome.
AS do The Terry Bozio drums!

bill45 wrote:Thanks Peter, i'd still like to see a mono piano. The Parsons piano sounds awesome.
AS do The Terry Bozio drums!
No problem, I do understand and also relayed that as a request. I appreciate the interest, as always.

Cheers Peter, for your clear and detailed answers, as always.
It is also great to read about IK as a caring company, as I indeed believe musically inclined people often are compassionate, even in a business context. Kudos.

Mr Bozzio? Props IK!

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

^^^^
well, it was Sonic Reality, initially
:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”