Sonic Synth 2 etc. 64 Bit versions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is the only way to get this synth + the rest of older IKM libraries to 64bit with upgrading to Sample Tankk 3?

im moving to mostly 64bit projects only now but sadly a few plugins have only 32bit so far :( (and wont get 64 bit im afraid).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes; Import those libraries into SampleTank 3 (Full or SE editions, not the Free one).

Or use a software bridge?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I wonder why IKM haven't released a free, or very cheap, version of Sampletank 3 yet, for precisely this purpose? It couldn't be because they think people will actually buy Sampletank 3 even though they don't want any of its content, just to continue using Sampletank 2 libraries, could it? Good luck with that.

basslinemaster wrote:I wonder why IKM haven't released a free, or very cheap, version of Sampletank 3 yet, for precisely this purpose? It couldn't be because they think people will actually buy Sampletank 3 even though they don't want any of its content, just to continue using Sampletank 2 libraries, could it? Good luck with that.
SampleTank 3 SE is just that. SampleTank 3 has great content and expansion libraries that many thousands do want, contrary to your opinion.

As far as a free version, since you proudly trot out your seemingly unlimited set of business ideas based on your apparently limited knowledge of the business (as well as very short-term memory, perhaps clouded by your strange vendetta against IK, perhaps both): Even if we followed the trajectory of SampleTank 2.x and its eventual free version it was literally years before that was even considered. I hope the history lesson was helpful, and I appreciate your history of allowing maximum exposure and attention to IK products. We do have an affiliate program (though you couldn't use the links here) where you might be able to make some extra cash on the coattails of our 19 years of solid business experience and success if you are interested: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/affiliate-program

LOL. First of all, I didn't say nobody wanted Sampletank 3, I said that plenty of people have Sampletank 2 libraries and don't want to have to buy Sampletank 3 to use them in 64 bit. SE isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, so good luck with selling it...
Secondly, the fact that you took ages to release Sampletank Free has no bearing whatsoever on the current situation, does it? Yet you imply it does.

"Even if we followed the trajectory of SampleTank 2.x and its eventual free version it was literally years before that was even considered."

And? You have the Sampletank 3 engine, you can delete all the sounds and it still works, so you can sell the Sampletank 3 engine on its own, right now, for a lot less than 99 euros. It's no skin off my nose, I'm not buying it at 99 Euros, and neither are loads of other Sampletank 2 users. It's your loss, not mine. Also, your inability to respond to customer comments properly is very telling... Do you actually think you increased your sales by your comments, or negated anything I said?

It's also so telling that every single time anybody asks why you haven't released a free or very cheap Sampletank 3 player, you never actually answer the question... Gee...

you can get it slightly cheaper... look for e.g. an iRig MIDI 2 or irig Keys, either is $79 and comes with ST3SE (plus you get either a keyboard or a midi adapter, if you need those)...

Caine123 wrote:is the only way to get this synth + the rest of older IKM libraries to 64bit with upgrading to Sample Tankk 3?

im moving to mostly 64bit projects only now but sadly a few plugins have only 32bit so far :( (and wont get 64 bit im afraid).
Another alternative for all your favourite 32bit plugins to work in 64 bit environment is JBridge (for Win & Mac):

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

You can always try out the Demo first :wink:
Make music :harp:

chroma wrote:you can get it slightly cheaper... look for e.g. an iRig MIDI 2 or irig Keys, either is $79 and comes with ST3SE (plus you get either a keyboard or a midi adapter, if you need those)...
Thanks for the tip, that's interesting that it actually comes for free with a $79 keyboard! Shows how much of a ripoff it is at 99 euros!
I've given up using my Sampletank library, I had loads of expansions, Sonik Synth, Miroslav, but IKM don't seem to know how to take money off people who want to give it to them...

As for the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano library - 1.3GB for 80 euros - they are having a laugh...
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st ... sonsgrand/

yeah, they should sell at the same price that Kontakt and MachFive sell their engine-only versions for...

basslinemaster wrote: It's also so telling that every single time anybody asks why you haven't released a free or very cheap Sampletank 3 player, you never actually answer the question... Gee...
I actually answer it every time, doesn't mean you have to like the answer which obviously you do not. If you want deeper information about how business decisions are made at IK, I can dust off that armchair for you...

When judging, hopefully the actual quality is used as a metric more so than "x size for x euro" as that might result in a more educated consumer choice. To help, there are audio demos available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... unds-audio

Here's a nice demo of the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/01- ... erialgrand

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I actually answer it every time, doesn't mean you have to like the answer which obviously you do not. If you want deeper information about how business decisions are made at IK, I can dust off that armchair for you...
come on Peter... you could do better than this... if ik multimedia, sampletank 3, etc, etc, etc is so "great"... there is no need for the extra bullsh!t... right? maybe?

:tu:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
basslinemaster wrote: It's also so telling that every single time anybody asks why you haven't released a free or very cheap Sampletank 3 player, you never actually answer the question... Gee...
I actually answer it every time, doesn't mean you have to like the answer which obviously you do not. If you want deeper information about how business decisions are made at IK, I can dust off that armchair for you...
LOL. Saying you answer it every time doesn't mean you actually HAVE answered it. You've never answered the simple question - why not answer it now, or link me to a previous 'answer' if it's so difficult for you to write... (although you seem to be able to be rude to your potential customers and spend much time on that...)

God, if only I knew all about 'business' like you geniuses at IKM do! LOL.
It's very simple: you have the ST3 engine, people want to buy JUST the engine, and you won't sell it to them, because you THINK you'll somehow make more money if you TRY to sell an 'SE' version for 99 euros (or whatever it was) to them instead.

And I'm sorry, but in this day and age, asking 80 euros for a 1.3 GB piano sample library is just ridiculous, look at the competition.

neverenoughfunk wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: I actually answer it every time, doesn't mean you have to like the answer which obviously you do not. If you want deeper information about how business decisions are made at IK, I can dust off that armchair for you...
come on Peter... you could do better than this... if ik multimedia, sampletank 3, etc, etc, etc is so "great"... there is no need for the extra bullsh!t... right? maybe?

:tu:
The problem is that he CAN'T do better than this, because he can't answer the simple question, because some 'business' person at IKM made a stupid decision, and now can't admit they were wrong... even when it means losing thousands of pounds.

Look at the pathetic way he tried to make out that because they took ages to release a free player for ST2, that somehow that has ANYTHING to do with ST3. A five year old can work out that they can release the engine without the samples - or does the engine cease to exist when no samples are installed? There is no good reason for not releasing an ST3 engine, except for "We said so."

basslinemaster wrote:It's very simple: you have the ST3 engine, people want to buy JUST the engine, and you won't sell it to them, because you THINK you'll somehow make more money if you TRY to sell an 'SE' version for 99 euros (or whatever it was) to them instead.
Spot on.

Return to “Instruments”