Does Yamaha make soft synths anymore?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yamaha had VL synthesis running on Pentium II MMX processors in 1997.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_II

Why isn't there no VL VSTI in 2012?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Yamaha had VL synthesis running on Pentium II MMX processors in 1997.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_II

Why isn't there no VL VSTI in 2012?
Thats a good question. Has anybody figure out a way to get S-YXG100 Plus VST to work in an upd to date system? Virtualization maybe? If so please describe your setup. Also I'm having trouble getting the S-YXG2006LE to work with XGedit95. Does anybody know a good setup and configuration for this? Anybody also know were to get a full version (not demo) of the S-YXG50 and S-YXG100 Plus VST? If so please provide links or PM. Thanks.
Last edited by damando on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

i think more devs should make anime franchises based on thier synthesizers like yamaha do, but i suppose such awesomeness can only be found in japan.

soundnaut wrote:i think more devs should make anime franchises based on thier synthesizers like yamaha do, but i suppose such awesomeness can only be found in japan.
Yamaha only produces the engine. Other companies, ala Crypton Future, which is what I think you are referring to, license it out and develop projects around it.

I still have KVR's Vocaloid 1 announcement in my inbox, somewhere. :shock:

Does anybody know how I can use the S-YXG2006LE or S-YXG50 in a host and change patches or use them with XGEdit? Is this possible? I've looked everywhere. Apparently once apon a time you used to be able to change the patches. Now its only stuck on grand piano.

Asuyuka wrote:
soundnaut wrote:i think more devs should make anime franchises based on thier synthesizers like yamaha do, but i suppose such awesomeness can only be found in japan.
Yamaha only produces the engine. Other companies, ala Crypton Future, which is what I think you are referring to, license it out and develop projects around it.

I still have KVR's Vocaloid 1 announcement in my inbox, somewhere. :shock:
props to crypton future then!

A bit of thread necromancy here, but i'd like to thank the participants of this thread for the awesome information!

I wanted to turn an old netbook into a Sound module, but its ended up being a standalone little sequencer/sketchpad!

my tiny portable XG setup:
-Asus EEE 701 netbook.
-nlited Windows XP
-Heavily stripped down FlStudio10 / XGWorks 3
-Asio4ALL

I first tried the S-YXG50 WDM midi driver, which was great for playing MIDI (could put polyphony on maximum) but the latency was a bit too much for realtime twiddling.

Both the MidRadio/SGP2/xg2006LE patched VSTi and Hypercanvas were much quicker but choked a little on heavier tracks. (not sure why 2006le did, its supposed to have a fixed polyphony limit of 32)

Finally tried S-YXG50 VSTi, worked like a charm! polyphony set to 64 seemed to be rock solid.
:party: :hyper:

Now I need to find an early 2000 daw with deeper midi support. (or learn xgworks..)
I've never used XG stuff before, it seems like quite a lot of fun :)

The old S-yxg 100 poly 8 PVL win98se is fully capable of low latency playing as I show here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCgWzgjX9kw

With modern components supporting win98se this is possible.

More video here 8 PVL voice setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAmohIO9__0
The sleeper must awaken.

Don't forget the VL70-m Wizard can help expert edit those VL voices in detail over 1800 VL synthesis parameters.

vl70m-wizard.blogspot.com/

Helping beta test it is very good for editing VL70-m compliant patches.
The sleeper must awaken.

Well it has been a little over 15 years that I posted this thread and 7 years since any reply, but Yamaha still has not released a soft synth. Does anyone know of someone who has put together a Yamaha soft synth of any kind (XG or other) ?

Yamaha needs to hire someone who doesn't have ios/apple tunnel vision.

Yamaha own Steinberg, (what's left of it, I have no idea) who I hope would have full access to the code behind all Yamaha hardware and software, 3rd party licences not withstanding. But like sports, you can't win very often with a losing team. Players change teams as opportunities knock. I love my Yamaha rompler, and IK's SY-99 for Syntronik.
Cherry has a new GX-1/CS-80 instrument, Arturia and others have CS-80 versions, so I think there is interest, but maybe it's not enough of a money-maker considering competition, for management to start things rolling.
Cheers

felis wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:44 am Yamaha needs to hire someone who doesn't have ios/apple tunnel vision.
Business is about maximizing profits in many cases. If Apple's tunnel is lined with gold,
it's not surprising Yamaha wants in :hyper: (I've never yet owned an Apple product,
don''t see that changing unless foxcon defeats the Chairman)

This clip was made three years ago by Yamaha. So I think, they are at least aware of their heritage....

Yamaha Synth Story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdxv0zwLzzw

The Yamaha synth worth to model which are not yet on the market are the VP-1, VL-x, SY-99 and FS1R.
They own the company which should have the resources to do it (Steinberg). There is no point in doing CS-80 or a DX7. Those are covered well… But if you look at the technological advancement in general, you get better physical models or FM variants than the missing ones (F‘em, Plasmonic, Chromaphone)
They do have their FM Essentials plugin for iOS, which only delivers a limited, probably sampled, number of presets. And some other plugins as well…

Return to “Instruments”