Tarekith Maschine Studio Live Set (w/video)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been wanting to see if I could treat something like Maschine as a standalone groovebox, even for a whole live set. Managed to get this done 100% on the Maschine Studio, didn't use the laptop for anything other than naming the set and assigning some macros. Fun stuff, haven't had a jam like that since my Elektron days :)

http://youtu.be/D7V8HvRLXfo

Full details on how it was organized and created:

Maschine Studio Live PA 05-29-2015

Great set man! You really nailed a sweet vibe there (and cool to see you live in person). The pad that comes in in the beginning is fantastic - does that come from the Maschine library?

/Carl
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Nice sound dude, and well executed set. A lovely start to my day 8)
Thanks!

Listening now, very nice.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

DrGonzo wrote:Great set man! You really nailed a sweet vibe there (and cool to see you live in person). The pad that comes in in the beginning is fantastic - does that come from the Maschine library?

/Carl
All the sounds are from the stock library and a couple extra Maschine Expansions, then cut up, effected, tweaked etc into something new. The one exception is that pretty much all the songs have a unique heavily effected field recording I made with my Rode i-XY. Ended up giving it a very trippy vibe, and kind of a nice personal touch since it's from places I've been since moving to Europe.

Tarekith, you describe being CPU limit conscious, what CPU was in the laptop and how big a hit was it taking out of interest?

It's a 2.7gHz quad core i7. In this set there's really not much CPU hit at all, it's only flickering around 1bar in Maschine's CPU meter. The first time I tried setting up a set like this though, I was loading some of the stock kits and instruments for everything. They just had too many plug ins most of the time, and by the time I got to 5 or 6 songs I was getting crackling.

This time I just kept it simple and spent more time finding the right raw samples in the library, saving any effects until later if at all.

Good to know for reference, thanks.

Great set you have there, how it should be done. 11/10

Thanks Rob!

Return to “Music Cafe”