Sonic Synth 2 etc. 64 Bit versions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:When judging, hopefully the actual quality is used as a metric more so than "x size for x euro" as that might result in a more educated consumer choice. To help, there are audio demos available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sa ... unds-audio

Here's a nice demo of the Alan Parsons Imperial Grand piano:
https://soundcloud.com/ikmultimedia/01- ... erialgrand
Taste is really really subjective....
There is nothing in that sound that would make me ever want to use it instead of any of my NI Definitive Piano Collection
or any of the VI labs pianos..

I try (yes I guess I should try harder) to keep away from IK ST3 threads because there are other products from the company I really like and many times I empathize with you at some of the hits you get here, and I know your job must be a very difficult one. But then you go post proudly a sound example, and I go, are you serious?
Wow! I couldn't even imagine using that piano, even if it was free for me in ST3.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

so let's see.

they have a free ST3, which is ST3 with few sounds and that can't import anything.

they have an SE version, which is basically ST3 (i.e. can import) without the full library but with more sounds than the free version (which is understandable as an additional enticement).

and they have a full version, which can import and has full library.

by any metric, both free ST3 and 'SE' versions are the "engine" version you're saying IK doesn't want to sell to you. SE is the version you're looking for. just because it's named differently than you expect doesn't mean it isn't essentially the exact thing you're asking for.

so yes, basslinemaster, this question was answered a million times. you just don't want to listen. you're saying, "yeah, i know there's an SE version" and then turn around and ask where's the "just the engine" version of ST3. the SE version is exactly that.

look, i get your pain. i've been asking for an "engine-only" version of Kontakt, without the library, for ages, and a lot of people did too. but Kontakt is still sold with a factory library hardly anyone ever uses for an insane amount of money, which could probably be reduced if there was no library. it's just how things are with some developers. it may not be the "rational" reply you're looking for, but it's the only reply you're ever going to get.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Well said, Burillo :tu:
I for one deeply appreciate Peter's generally calm and detailed answers, even when confronted with repeated abuse.
I do own and love several IKM products, such as T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank 3.
Furthermore, although I already have too many fine pianos, weighing more than 200 GB, I find the Alan Parsons "Pink Floyd" Grand piano a very interesting creation by those great people at Sonic Reality / eSoundz.
Keep up the good work, Peter, Allen and Squids !

Burillo wrote:so let's see.

they have a free ST3, which is ST3 with few sounds and that can't import anything.

they have an SE version, which is basically ST3 (i.e. can import) without the full library but with more sounds than the free version (which is understandable as an additional enticement).

and they have a full version, which can import and has full library.

by any metric, both free ST3 and 'SE' versions are the "engine" version you're saying IK doesn't want to sell to you. SE is the version you're looking for. just because it's named differently than you expect doesn't mean it isn't essentially the exact thing you're asking for.

Why, how stupid of me! LOL.
SE ISN'T the version I'm looking for, because it costs 100 Euros, and I don't want any of the sounds it comes with. I'd pay maybe 30 euros for a player, and that's being generous.

WTF? Why is this forum full of people who don't even have basic reading comprehension skills? I didn't see an answer about why there isn't a free or VERY CHEAP engine. Why is the free ST3 unable to import old ST2 sounds?

Burillo wrote: so yes, basslinemaster, this question was answered a million times. you just don't want to listen. you're saying, "yeah, i know there's an SE version" and then turn around and ask where's the "just the engine" version of ST3. the SE version is exactly that.

look, i get your pain. i've been asking for an "engine-only" version of Kontakt, without the library, for ages, and a lot of people did too. but Kontakt is still sold with a factory library hardly anyone ever uses for an insane amount of money, which could probably be reduced if there was no library. it's just how things are with some developers. it may not be the "rational" reply you're looking for, but it's the only reply you're ever going to get.
I asked them why they aren't producing an engine only that can import ST2 sounds, they haven't answered that question, because the answer would expose them as the idiots they are...

Fleer wrote:Well said, Burillo :tu:
I for one deeply appreciate Peter's generally calm and detailed answers, even when confronted with repeated abuse.
I do own and love several IKM products, such as T-RackS, AmpliTube and SampleTank 3.
Furthermore, although I already have too many fine pianos, weighing more than 200 GB, I find the Alan Parsons "Pink Floyd" Grand piano a very interesting creation by those great people at Sonic Reality / eSoundz.
Keep up the good work, Peter, Allen and Squids !
LOL at "detailed answers". You mean "avoiding answering the one question he can't answer"? Perhaps you can point me to where Peter has previously answered my question, as he claims to have answered it?

And the 1.3GB piano is taking the piss at that price. As is most of their other stuff. Or do we have to pretend it's all wonderful, like we did when KVR were deleting posts in the original ST3 thread, because people were asking difficult questions, or saying they thought it was rubbish?

basslinemaster wrote:
I asked them why they aren't producing an engine only that can import ST2 sounds, they haven't answered that question, because the answer would expose them as the idiots they are...
Sampletank SE is exactly that. You just want it for free or for $5, and Peter said that's not happening.

Guitar Center had it for $49 on sale for a short time.

hmmmm ok, well guess you cannot expect a free 64bit update of such old products sadly..... then i will wait for a 30 bucks sale or just dont use them in a 64bit project or only if i use a few instances only.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ScarKord wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:It's very simple: you have the ST3 engine, people want to buy JUST the engine, and you won't sell it to them, because you THINK you'll somehow make more money if you TRY to sell an 'SE' version for 99 euros (or whatever it was) to them instead.
Spot on.
Thank you.

basslinemaster wrote:Why, how stupid of me! LOL.
SE ISN'T the version I'm looking for, because it costs 100 Euros, and I don't want any of the sounds it comes with. I'd pay maybe 30 euros for a player, and that's being generous.

WTF? Why is this forum full of people who don't even have basic reading comprehension skills? I didn't see an answer about why there isn't a free or VERY CHEAP engine. Why is the free ST3 unable to import old ST2 sounds?
so you're not asking for "the engine" version. you're basically fine with SE, just not its price - you want it either for free or for very cheap. it's no wonder you think IK never answers your question - because you want to ask one thing, but what you actually ask is another. so it's not "the forum full of people who don't even have basic reading comprehension skills", but rather you are lacking the skills to explain yourself.

that said, question of pricing is a dead end with any developer, not just IK. i don't like the price of a plugin, i don't buy it (unless i really, really need it - i paid through the nose for Kontakt, and will do so again - it's that valuable to me). so, it's your decision - either you need the SE and buy it, or you can't justify its price and stay with 32-bit plugins. obviously, no one can stop you from whining about it, but what you can't do is accuse Peter of not answering your question or accuse me of lacking reading comprehension skills, when you yourself are at fault.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Fleer wrote: I for one deeply appreciate Peter's generally calm and detailed answers, even when confronted with repeated abuse.
that is part of the job requirements of being in "customer service"... i.e. repeated abuse...

he signed up for that...

p.s. he must like it... how many has he been doing it now?

YEARS!!! :o

:tu:

Nobody signs up to be abused. That's ridiculous.

People do feel entitled to be abusive though.

Customer service is about helping. If a customer becomes abusive they should be ignored or hung up on if on the phone.

There is absolutely no need to be abusive.

Period.

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Burillo wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:Why, how stupid of me! LOL.

so you're not asking for "the engine" version. you're basically fine with SE, just not its price - you want it either for free or for very cheap.
WTF? You quote me saying that I don't want any of the sounds it comes with and that it costs 100 Euros, and you then say "so you're not asking for "the engine" version. you're basically fine with SE, just not its price - you want it either for free or for very cheap." WTF? Why bother trying to argue with me, when you can't even understand basic English?

I AM asking for the engine version, have I not made that clear enough? Unbelievable.
Burillo wrote: it's no wonder you think IK never answers your question - because you want to ask one thing, but what you actually ask is another. so it's not "the forum full of people who don't even have basic reading comprehension skills", but rather you are lacking the skills to explain yourself.
My god, where to begin...

and i repeat again - SE is the version you're asking for. even free ST3 (and any other sampler, for that matter) comes with samples, so the fact that it has them doesn't really matter in this context. SE is the cut down version of ST3 - basically, ST3 without the full library, which is exactly what you're after.

so, actually you're fine with SE as it is, you just don't like the price of it.

basslinemaster wrote:LOL at "detailed answers"
What so LOL about that, do you often laugh out loud, like every other minute?

dsan@mail.com wrote:Nobody signs up to be abused. That's ridiculous.
how long on kvr have ik multimedia reps received a tough time... years... you only have to be on the job for a month or two to realize there is a ton of abuse that comes with the ik multimedia internet customer rep job... i seen it first hand...
People do feel entitled to be abusive though.
customers voicing their opinions and clarification on certain issues is not people feeling entitled to be abusive... just cant understand how a company could treat their long term customers the way they do... that is a problem for some...
Customer service is about helping.
i agree 100%
If a customer becomes abusive they should be ignored or hung up on if on the phone.
the customer rep in question does not take that approach... he engages... that opens him to being abused...
There is absolutely no need to be abusive.

Period.
he should just walk away... and not engage...

:tu:
Cheers!
dsan
Enjoy!!!

Return to “Instruments”