I'm confused with what genre i should produce!!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yo guys! I have a weird question today..
I was producing Bigroom Electro for a long time but now it seems to be dieing :( The only thing i hear now is progressive and deep/future house! I really don't know what to do and i'm losing my mind with this stupid question :? Please help me out and geve me some advice!

Just make music. Other people can label it. You are facing paralysis by analysis.

Look on bright side of things, now you can go all retro and talk about back in a day and stuff :lol:

Seriously, make music you dig, if you are into making what's hot and following trends ,than jump on future house, copy Oliver Heldens, maybe there's place for more of that :tu:

Or start new genre, so there's only kick drum, mosquito samples and ocarina, it's called House Mosqarina :hihi:

So .... you only want to be popular (?)
Who cares what genre is in, out (shake it all about) ... make some music.

imagine your music was the only music you'd ever be allowed to listen to........now go make music that makes YOU smile

ditch the lame dance music, and go make that bavarian folk music album you've always wanted to record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5q5vDSML3M

God ! Kurt Cobain is dead and i still wrote grunge / indu song! ....and what if i don't became famous ? :hihi: :hihi: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: ...i hope you're not serious....

I love NIN but i don't want to be Mr Reznor.be yourself and stop thinking too much...
Work on yourself , i do not released /upload 1 song since february 2012 , why ? because i think i could do better and i work 'everyday' to improve my style.Use new plugins , try new stuff....or lose your time to make music that will please a few people instead to enjoys what you're doing.

Defibrillator Electro.

You should always make good music. :idea:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:imagine your music was the only music you'd ever be allowed to listen to........now go make music that makes YOU smile

ditch the lame dance music, and go make that bavarian folk music album you've always wanted to record
Electro klezmer dixieland surf bop!

f**k genres. f**k 'em with something hard and sandpapery, until they're broken down by friction into their constituent components. Learn an instrument. Learn sound design and DSP basics. Learn music theory. Get some knowledge and perspective! Listen to some music that you don't like and keep listening until you find something in it you like. Familiarize yourself with that aspect that you're drawn to. Becon it. Use your knowledge to build a bridge to it. This is all infinitely more important than "what genre should I produce"!!

*continue rant, ad lib...*
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:imagine your music was the only music you'd ever be allowed to listen to........now go make music that makes YOU smile
el-bo... Man... This has got to be best advice I've seen about the genre of music one should make.

Do you know that feeling you get when you are listening to something you make and actually start enjoying it? Not analyzing, hearing the technical stuff but really feeling good about it? That is awesome :)

Whatever PAYS! :?
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Return to “Production Techniques”