One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo (Syntax Project Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mantra Evo

Welcome to the 76th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Voting Over!
< Listen to the tracks here >

< Look at the final results here >

Community Resources to get you started:
* Have patches? Post them and we'll put the link here!
Jim Hurt - various patches
Sfiks - 20 presets
50 patches by MTLE
Animehaus - Percussion: Kick, Snare Clap, hi hats
If you're getting DC Offset issues, try using a high pass filter, or this handy plugin does the trick - Thanks Richard Semper

Thanks to Tattiemannie for the heads up. This is the new and updated Mantra... one of the greatest synths ever made! FM and Phase Distortion... this will be one of the most challenging OSCs Ever. Expect the unexpected. 8) 8) 8) 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cngj8az4Rtk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0i1TDFyJ7c

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Tritik : 1 tkDelay Plugin

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster (Soon to be released!)

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product (right now only MayaBlue theme for Melda plugins)

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Hoo rah! First comment :-P

Figures. I finally got my act together and was ready to finally submit a solid track for the next OSC and I have to sit this one out.

Can't make heads or tails of how to even get the envelope to work. Either that or it just doesn't run on my PC.

Anyway, good luck to everybody with this one. My gut tells me we won't have 60 entries this month.

Do you think that the June submissions will have an 80's Yamaha/Casio feel?

Looks like a cool synth, but unless I'm missing something on their website, it looks like Mac users will be sitting this one out. :(

ontrackp wrote:Looks like a cool synth, but unless I'm missing something on their website, it looks like Mac users will be sitting this one out. :(
Yep. Website says Windows 32 bit only, from what I read. Will see if I can get back to working on my synth this month. :)

Windows only so I'm out.

...and I'm relieved, I need a break from OSCs. I've been trying to master all of my music production tools, and for the last three months I haven't been able to use most of them! I have Massive, Synthmaster, a ton of effects, and a bunch of samples to play with so I guess I'll work on some non-OSC tracks.

Good luck to everyone! This synth looks fun and maybe a bit easier to work with than PG-8X... Or maybe not based on Wagtunes' comments.
Last edited by mmoncur on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I feel the same way. A month off is good. Maybe will make some music with instruments that you have to pluck, bang on or blow into!

Well, I figured out the envelope but still can't use it. I had to bridge it for Cubase and when trying to load an ARP patch I created in MuLab, it hung for a really long time before finally loading. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have problems with this one.

Looks like a lot of folks are going to be taking the month off.

Bah Windows, who still uses Windows?

EDIT: Ok the synth looks like a solid synth, but Win only? Come on, it's 21th century :)
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes too bad windows only :( Well maybe next month again then :)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Win only... this month I have to pass :(
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Too bad... Windows 32bit only :scared:

I'm afraid that I won't be able to participate this month :(

... I'm still running Windows 7 on my Macbook on a second partition. Is anyone aware of a capable free DAW for Windows that allows for creating track stacks to layer sounds? :help:

Works on Cubase 32bit, but
- fiddly GUI
- annoying knob behavior (sometimes)
- really not good sounding, sorry to say. There's surely people who can make this sound good but not me...
Would've liked to participate after two months break, but this one doesn't look fun. I'll wait for an OSC with a simpler and good sounding synth (Charlatan2! :) )

To all the brave people who accept this challenge: Have fun!

I'm out this month too. Need to focus on some releases for the time being. If it were T-force alpha plus, it'd be a different story :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”