What We're Working On (Jan 2017 Edition)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Current plans are for a Shreddage 2 port done using the new RE/IDT tools, which will require significantly more work than a simple conversion to NNXT... but it's also the only way of getting a more complex instrument with legato etc. to work in Reason. We're hoping to get the ball rolling on that this month and already have a development partner.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

* Super Audio Cart: The ultimate retro video game library, and we do mean "ultimate". Features comprehensive, authentic multisamples from the NES, Genesis, Gameboy, and Commodore 64 - all waveforms AND drums - with incredible custom scripting for live performance, plus an entire set of 300+ all-new SNES samples. Coming Q2-Q3 2015.

Is this still a thing ?
I'd totally dig that!
Would no longer need to really on cheap GXSCC to convert my .midi into 8bit!
Tell me this is still coming, please tell me! :D
(Would this also include drums ?)
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

We should have an update on SAC soon.. stay tuned. Yes, it has drums for all systems!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Zircon, your January 2015 update shows Shreddage Bass 2 as coming out Q3-Q4 of 2014. I of course assume you mean 2015. I'm extremely excited for this one actually. As much as I'm tempted to buy one of Ample Sounds new Fender Bass VSTs, there's just something about the Impact Soundworks libraries that just makes use 100x easier and more fluid. I love all the rock and metal focused products you guys put out, and I can't wait to add Shreddage Bass 2 and Shreddage Drums to my toolset. Thanks for all your hard work!!

Yes, sorry, 2015 - I will edit that. :-) Thank you for the kind words!

zircon wrote:* Shreddage Bass 2: Performed by Tony Dickinson of Trans-Siberian Orchestra fame, this library will feature an all-new, all-custom bass with way more articulations, samples, all strings recorded, and of course, Kontakt Player functionality. Coming Q3-Q4 2015.
I'm intrigued.

What will happen to the current bass? Will this be taken like "Shreddage Guitar Classic"?

I'm currently happy with Shreddage Bass (picked), Pettinhouse Direct Bass (Fingered 5 string) and what Musiclab offers me (Picked, down tuned guitars basically). So I am wondering which route this will go.

"Djent" again (*sigh* where has all the classic rock/metal gone)? Picked and Fingered? Maybe also slapped? Sure won't be Kontakt 4 compatible anymore.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

zircon wrote:Current plans are for a Shreddage 2 port done using the new RE/IDT tools, which will require significantly more work than a simple conversion to NNXT... but it's also the only way of getting a more complex instrument with legato etc. to work in Reason. We're hoping to get the ball rolling on that this month and already have a development partner.
This is fantastic news! I had just been considering emailing you guys to ask if there was any hope for something like this to happen. Is it still in progress?

Still in the works, unfortunately - totally new platform for us and so its taking a bit longer.

No problem, just happy to know it's being worked on!

I have a great idea! Well, it's not actually my idea, since multi pickup guitars were invented by someone other than me. Why doesn't Shreddage have pickup selectors? It's a deal breaker for me and I'm sure many others who actually want to use more than one pickup for their sound and/or sounds. To quote my friend "Hey you f**king idiots. WTF?! You make a great guitar plugin that guitarists hate because you can't switch between pickups? F**k you, Shreddage!!! Double f**k you, you b**tards!!!!"
Sorry for the language, but I told him I was going to do a post in the forums and that's what he said he would say :))

BTW, "Evolution Banshee" By Orange Tree Samples has pickup selection, I guess I will purchase that instead.

I'm sorry you feel that the lack of a pickup selector is a dealbreaker. The reason we don't have one is because it was simply not possible to record with this guitar. To properly record both pickups for a 100% seamless blend, as opposed to an emulation or simulation via EQ/FX, you need to modify the guitar to output multiple pickups simultaneously. We did this for our Archtop guitar, but it wasn't possible for the Ibanez we sampled for S2 IBZ.

However I think that the superb realism of IBZ, great interface, amazing tone, easy playability, and more affordable price more than make up for it. I stand behind all Shreddage guitars 100% compared to any of our competition and I think the demos speak for themselves.

All the Shreddage guitars I've heard sound completely fantastic. Any enhancements over what's already there would be just that: enhancements. I'm not sure what yelling and swearing at the developer is intended to accomplish here.

From everything I've seen and heard, ISW has been setting the bar higher and higher with every new instrument they put out.

UPDATED FOR 2016! Shreddage fans are in for a treat!

zircon wrote:UPDATED FOR 2016! Shreddage fans are in for a treat!
;)

Return to “Impact Soundworks”