Need some tips to make guitar sound realistic

Official support for: amplesound.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On a semi-related note, I hope Amplesound comes out with pick samples for AGM, as I learned after purchasing that the strum samples do not effectively play quick single-note picking and articulations for solos. I realize that AGT does come with pick samples, but would be great to have pick samples for AGM's darker tone, which I personally strongly prefer.

Thehalflight wrote:In terms of workflow, especially for complicated solos, sometimes you want to be able to play a combination of standard solo notes as well as some chord strums mixed in throughout a phrase. The difficulty with the amplesound setup is that you can only do one or the other, and therefore, probably need a complex, interlaced system of two tracks (one for solo and one for strum) to complete a single performance. There probably isn't a very elegant way to combine the standard mode (which is great for playing whatever note you want plus double/triple/quadruple stops but does not do realistic strums) with the strummer mode (which allows you to do realistic strums as well as individual strings within a chosen chord, but does not allow you to easily hit neighboring notes or use articulations). Programming it through the Tab player does not seem to do a sufficient job with this -- of either including strums in a solo, or including articulated fills/riffs while strumming.

I don't know what the answer/fix would be other than programming a very complex multi track for a single performance. But I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on their workflow for these types of performances, or if any interface programming could simplify this somehow.

To mix solo and chords, like a real guitarist does, may automation be alternative to multi track?

Thehalflight wrote:On a semi-related note, I hope Amplesound comes out with pick samples for AGM, as I learned after purchasing that the strum samples do not effectively play quick single-note picking and articulations for solos. I realize that AGT does come with pick samples, but would be great to have pick samples for AGM's darker tone, which I personally strongly prefer.
We will release an AGM pick extension, but maybe not in near future.

Thehalflight wrote:In terms of workflow, especially for complicated solos, sometimes you want to be able to play a combination of standard solo notes as well as some chord strums mixed in throughout a phrase. The difficulty with the amplesound setup is that you can only do one or the other, and therefore, probably need a complex, interlaced system of two tracks (one for solo and one for strum) to complete a single performance. There probably isn't a very elegant way to combine the standard mode (which is great for playing whatever note you want plus double/triple/quadruple stops but does not do realistic strums) with the strummer mode (which allows you to do realistic strums as well as individual strings within a chosen chord, but does not allow you to easily hit neighboring notes or use articulations). Programming it through the Tab player does not seem to do a sufficient job with this -- of either including strums in a solo, or including articulated fills/riffs while strumming.

I don't know what the answer/fix would be other than programming a very complex multi track for a single performance. But I'd be interested in other people's thoughts on their workflow for these types of performances, or if any interface programming could simplify this somehow.
You could switch between Strummer and Solo mode with the keyswitch - C#6, high velocity is Strummer mode and low velocity is Solo mode.

And Tab can simply mix Solo and Strum.

Return to “Ample Sound”