Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Oooh a 'Melody Ruleset', as said earlier, looks too good of a feature, please God let Attila soon lead us into melody heaven And RC shall be our wings, Amen. :pray:

I thought of few features that could be very handy for daily uses, please consider the possibility of implementing.

1. Layer System
I was experimenting with layering generators to create basic piano accompaniments, and find that using Generac Generator to generate dyads and triads, a Bass generator or two for the left hand patterns, then a Melody Generator for various Right Hand top notes and fills. What I am experiencing is that when layering, there will be times when you have two phrases that contains the same note, and they will trigger simultaneously. So if we can come up with a layer system where the top layer will mute the bottom layers as long as notes-off message was not sent, it will make layering different phrases way more approachable, without the trouble to adding bunch of rests and remove note variations.

2. Velocity
There are two things regarding velocity that I realized. One is that the only way to randomize velocity is to put a velocity generator in front of an expression on track control, as the expression controller is a relative one, and we can automate this parameter to control the dynamic of the composition. It's quite troublesome to setup, can't we just add a randomize slider on velocity variation so we can just use that for the velocity controls? Or put a velocity ratio control in Velocity Generator, works either way I guess.

The second request regarding velocity is that can we put a velocity slider on the generators, or even better altering velocity by dragging up and down the top edge of a phrase like reaper :) ? So we can easily have different velocity layers stacking up, and combining with the layer system we can have some interesting dynamic variations.

3. Generating three note chords with variations on a melody.
It might be my fault, but I failed to generate a triad with variation on a melody. For both add interval and add chord notes, when setting Polyphony to 3, I am only generating an octave below, rather than an interval below.

4. Envelope within phrases.
This might be an overkill, I just wish that it's possible to add item envelope to each phrase with an option for selecting in-phrase envelope, so we don't need to make bunch of 1beat phrases to drag to create accompanied melodies :love: . I'm sure the are work around such as using lots of ghosts copies, but the magnet for phrases and phrase morpher don't work that well with layering :?

Welcome, rcjach, and thank you for the clever feature requests! :tu:
I added them to the to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attlia,

Are you still planning on adding the feature to randomly select a phrase from a folder of phrases? Waiting patiently on that one :)

Thanks!

Hi guitarmanchu,

Just returned from a short vacation, I am working on it right now. It will be available in future beta versions, hopefully soon. I'll update you about the progress.
Thanks again for your patience... :)
There are things it is worth waiting for :hihi:

Attila

How about this Phrase Container:

(This is not a mock-up, but a working phrase generator)

That looks extremely interesting, Attila, and looks to be quite useful :tu:

Waiting patiently for the beta ;)

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Wow!
:love:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Does it provide cadences (at least somes imperfect and perfect cadences) in the suggestions for the last phrase of the set?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Good it would be to get a little explanation about how it works! Thanks!

Thanks for the questions. Phrase Container is a new phrase generator that works by selecting 1,2,3 or 4 phrases randomly from a list of phrases, and it arranges them as a pattern. The patterns are displayed based on the number of phrases, e.g. for 3 phrases it can be AABC, ABAC, ABCABC... and several other possibilities.
You can make the phrase container as long as you wish. If you like the results, you can break up the container to individual phrases for further editing/transposing.
To easily add a folder of custom phrases, right clicking on the folder will select all phrases in it (in the phrase browser).
All it does is placing phrases and it does not touch master track chords, to make cadences, for example.

This is experimental so it remains in beta versions only. I am concentrating on the development of v3.0 where the new Idea Tool will be capable of what the Phrase Container does (and much more), so I am not sure whether it will remain in the program. I try to upload a beta version in a few days if you want to try the Phrase Container.

Thanks,
Attila

Attila, that's fantastic! Thank you so much. Can't wait to try it.

I guess that 2015 will not be a great year only for the wine...

Thank you, BlackWinny. It was good to hear from you!
I suppose you are busy with the secret composition project, which I wish you great success with! ;)

Attila

when a part is added to the idea tool a simple "lock" switch to prevent the generated part from re-generating when the "compose" button is pressed again.
Sometimes I have a nice melody and when I generate a new part or track it re-generates the melody (and everything else)...
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”