Something really exciting coming to Revalver4 very soon!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to give you guys an insider update I got while visiting a friend's studio last week-end concerning something really exciting coming to Revalver4 pretty soon.

Revalver has now an amp profiling module...and it is the best I have to hear yet from the software world.
In fact, in the limited testing session I had with the new release, the amp cloning sounded as good as the Kemper amp that was at the studio and the amp matching demos I heard from the AxeFx unit.

Peavey announced the "ACT Profiler" back in January 2015, and it did take longer than anticipated, but from what I understood the release is imminent in the next days.

Here is Peavey's blurb back in January 2015
Now, Peavey is proud to introduce the ReValver ACT Profiler. Expanding on the proprietary ACT cloning technology, this new module gives users the ability to capture and extract the sound of any amp and store the captured profile as a preset.
The ACT Profiler module analyzes the target amplifier – capturing the unique tonal characteristics of the amp, speaker, and microphone – then applies the profile to ReValver’s best-in-class amp modeling engine to create an amazingly accurate model. The newly captured amp profile can then be saved and loaded back into ReValver at any time or shared with the ReValver community.
We did a comparison with a Bogner Uberschall and a JCM800, RV4, Bias and Kemper and after hearing how well it performs and how gratifying it feels, the studio owner joked about putting his Kemper up for sale.
We then profiled other ampsims (Amplitube3 and GR5) for fun and the results were as astonishingly close as profiling the real amps.

Well done Peavey! :clap:

Yep, it is that good and almost as faithful to the source it is matching as the Kemper is, and way ahead of Bias tone's matching abilities.
Even better, there is an added bonus that you guys will discover that I am not at liberty to discuss atm, but that will make the "ACT Profiler" even more useful than any other tone matching amp/sim.

The only caveat obviously is that since it is a "profiling and matching" amp, it is only capturing that state of the amp that you are profiling, ie, it doesn't know what the clean channel sounds like on your amp if you only profiled the crunch one, and it doesn't know with exactitude how the amp reacts at different settings within that same channel.
But this is the same for all modeling amps and it is an inherent limitation of all the "capture and model" technologies.

I have no idea on the pricing structure yet (maybe a separate price for playback only or profiling and playback?) but this is one module I will definitely be purchasing once released.

Quite exciting times for us guitarists :tu:

Sounds cool, I was wondering if this would ever see the light of day. FYI, Revalver 4 already has the "playback" version of this, on both the input and output, with profiles that you can purchase for instruments and amps. There just isn't any way to create your own profiles. Yet!

Thanks for the heads up!
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

b15fliptop wrote:Sounds cool, I was wondering if this would ever see the light of day. FYI, Revalver 4 already has the "playback" version of this, on both the input and output, with profiles that you can purchase for instruments and amps. There just isn't any way to create your own profiles. Yet!
Thanks for the heads up!
Don't quote me on that, but I have the feeling that although they use the same acronym, the ACT Profiler and amp are far beyond the ACT on the input and output who's instruments and sounds you can purchase from the amp store.

This thing is like ACT on steroids.

Nice! Looking forward to it!

By the way, Peavey needs some serious help with their marketing. I just went to the amp store and noticed a new bass OD and a Bassman cabinet, and there has been no announcement. They could at least email registered users, you'd think.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Return to “Effects”