Feature Requests

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

onailime wrote:Hello, this is my first post.
Hi, and welcome :)

onailime wrote:First I want to thank you for making such a good arpeggiator. There are a lot of functions in Nora that are becoming very important in my music.

One of the most important thing for me is the ability to use unusual time signatures (for example 5/4 with a 1/10 value in the snap parameter). Also, it is possible to change the time signature BETWEEN a phrase and another IN THE SAME track, which is great.
Thank for your words, I wanted to have high flexible tracks that doesn't limit you in any way, without complicated or tedious menus / options.

onailime wrote:However I have a request for a change which would make this feature really usable : is it possible to have some kind of "time signature and snap setting memory" ? The problem I have is whenever I open a phrase for editing, the snap setting stays at the same value as the last phrase I opened. So for exemple, a phrase I first wrote in 5/4 suddenly appears as if written in 4/4, with notes in-between the grids, instead of right on the 5/4 grid.

This is really important for me, I hope it will be possible !...

thanks again for your hard work...
I did some improvements here for the time signature settings (in the next version), however I still don't know what to do with snap settings yet.

At the current version (2.54) it is just a global setting that all phrases, current and new ones, share it. My best idea nowadays is right click on the snap settings to lock ONLY this sequence to the selected snap. When you switch to another sequence, it will use the global snap (unless this sequence is locked too). If you have a better idea let me know, please.

Many thanks for your quick reply !

I am glad that you have thought about this issue. Your idea to right-click on the snap setting is a good one, I think. The only downside is I will find myself right-clicking on every phrase. Could there be an option that would automatically keep the last snap setting (and time signature) locked for each phrase ? I think it would not change anything for people that work exclusively in 4/4, for example. Tell me what you think...

The TimeSignature is already locked for each phrase (if it's not locked, let me know because there could be a bug).

The only problem is that in the current version there isn't a default settings for the new phrases. I have been thinking about it, and I think the solution would be to create default time settings for the phrases, where you define signature, snap value and its lock status. Then each new phrase you create would have such parameters by default.

Notice that all these parameters will be stored in each phrase when you save them individually and, older phrase presets would load with global snap instead locked snap (unless you rewrite them).

What do you think about this idea? Would you miss something?

Ok, you are correct, the "Time Signature" is locked with every phrase already. If the "Snap setting" could behave exactly the same it would be perfect for me.

One thing that is important is to make sure the snap setting stays the same when you make a copy (either unique or not), so that the new (copied) phrase DOES NOT have the default snap setting, but the same snap setting as the original.

Many thanks !

Yes, by default the unique copied phrases clones all the details from the original. Well, almost, except the name and the undo history. Phantom copies: they just share the same data, so any change you do in one of them will be done in the others

Sounds perfect, thank you !
(any idea when the new version will be available?... ) :)

While I was pretty sure about the exact date of the lastest Nora releases and I announced it, I'm not sure when I will finish the huge amount of work that the next big release needs. It will be in this year, that's for sure. Ask me next month and I'll have a better estimation.

A small bugfix patch will be released pretty soon.

Excuse me please if this was already requested. I am new to Nora and I'm very happy to be here. :) I haven't read the whole thread. But I'd wish it was possible to load a phrase with just double clicking. Is this possible? Thank you!

Yes, it was requested once (now twice, I have a list from all requests/people). No worries, it will come :wink:

Great! Thank you in advance!

How far is the progress of controller support ?
Here i have done a video example, that pitchbend is also very usefull for techno music in arp. The demo use line draw and is quantize in 16 th, so it is possible with arp too. In nora there is possible a switch "Pitch", and the volume sliders, can then use to set the pitch. 1-127 is enough the pitch is then for smoother resolution interpolate in lines. in the example it is for slides usefull to set after bend up for next note immidiate pitch 0. so on a note off, the pitch should be set fast to 0. normaly only in a note, pitch is used. the slide up in beginning can do in nora when the note get a transpose value of 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ2aE5b8r9I
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:the slide up in beginning can do in nora when the note get a transpose value of 2.
Are you using Nora now to do it?

I use no Nora, because no pitch bend can create. I mean only that slides to other tone can work with nora(if nora get putchbend feature), because the note high in a row can increase. arps that have no option to increase note high in a row are not able to do such slides as see in first note.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote:I use no Nora, because no pitch bend can create. I mean only that slides to other tone can work with nora(if nora get putchbend feature), because the note high in a row can increase. arps that have no option to increase note high in a row are not able to do such slides as see in first note.
Thanks, I think pitch bend would be great in Nora. Thanks for suggesting it.

Since the second week of August I was researching the controller support (+ creative usage), and how to implement it in Nora. I do not promise nothing until it's done, but I'll do my best attempt to implement it in a seamless way.

Return to “Squaredheads”