Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

asb2m10 wrote: Thanks ! What do you mean by "Auto-touch controlling the same parameters" ?

I've read (on vintagesynth.com that the dx7, and even the 4op dx27/100 had after touch). I would presume that we should be able to get Dexed to respond to autotouch to get vibrato, changing lfo rate or similar. But I don't know enough about the hardware to know which parameters where actually controlled by autotouch. Shouldn't that info be available in the original sysex-files?

Tested v.0.9 now, the cart manager rocks! Would it be possible to change patch by single click rather than double click? Anyway, awesome job, Dexed is a true gift.

I've also noticed a small GUI-mistake. You can see the "transparent" layer at the bottom of the GUI.

asb2m10 wrote: Thanks ! What do you mean by "Auto-touch controlling the same parameters" ?

I've read (on vintagesynth.com that the dx7, and even the 4op dx27/100 had after touch). I would presume that we should be able to get Dexed to respond to autotouch to get vibrato, changing lfo rate or similar. But I don't know enough about the hardware to know which parameters where actually controlled by autotouch. Shouldn't that info be available in the original sysex-files?

Tested v.0.9 now, the cart manager rocks! Would it be possible to change patch by single click rather than double click? Anyway, awesome job, Dexed is a true gift.

I've also noticed a small GUI-mistake. You can see the "transparent" layer at the bottom of the GUI.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I mean aftertouch :dog: I've read (on vintagesynth.com that the dx7, and even the 4op dx27/100 had after touch). I would presume that we should be able to get Dexed to respond to aftertouch to get vibrato, changing lfo rate or similar. But I don't know enough about the hardware to know which parameters where actually controlled by autotouch. Shouldn't that info be available in the original sysex-files?

I've also noticed a small GUI-mistake. You can see the "transparent" layer at the bottom of the GUI.[/quote]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks for the update!

However, after installing this new version i’m getting an error message in Ableton Live 9.2 when opening projects made with previous versions of Dexed: Live can’t find VST “Dexed”. Same problem when opening saved clips in Live.

Instantiating Dexed 0.9 from the browser works fine.

Is there a new VST plug-in ID for this version? Is there a way to get Live to recognise the new Dexed or do i have to reinstall Dexed 0.8 (and where can i find it?)

(mac osx yosemite, Live 9.2, 64 bit)

duplicate

duplicate

duplicate

duplicate

Just tried it, FANTASTIC! Thanks for all your hard work and being so kind to make it free!

I do hate a lot of the sounds of the original BUT the classic e-piano is very special, such a lonely 80's sound, magical!

Can it load original DX7 sysex?

Is the VSTID# still the same as 8.0?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

tristan- wrote:Can it load original DX7 sysex?
Yes. It's a main feature. Take a closer look: http://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

electro wrote:Is the VSTID# still the same as 8.0?
i have the feeling it's not the same. At least on my system Live doesn't recognise Dexed 0.9 in projects made with 0.8.
BTW, anybody here who can help me with a link to 0.8, i couldn't find it..

rootberg wrote: I mean aftertouch :dog:
:wink: Yes aftertouch will be addressed in the next version
rootberg wrote:I've also noticed a small GUI-mistake. You can see the "transparent" layer at the bottom of the GUI.
What version of Reaper ? I don't have that bug on my side
electro wrote:Is the VSTID# still the same as 8.0?
No, the 0.8 version used a generic VSTID# code and I had to change it... sorry. I wished that I knew that earlier.

You can get the 0.8 version here : http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/

If you use Live and change the .dll / .vst filename and you should be able to use 0.8 and 0.9 at the same time.

asb2m10 wrote: What version of Reaper ? I don't have that bug on my side
I'm using Reaper v5.0pre34/x64 on Windows 8.1.

Great to hear that aftertouch will be addressed for the next update! :party:

Return to “Instruments”