KickR 1.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KickR

The graphical framework would be no particular problem since the one I use (JUCE) is cross platform and support Linux as well.
phantom-one wrote:
davidguda wrote:There is nothing I could think of that would stop KickR from being compiled for Linux. I have just not bothered doing that because it would take development time and extra testing for what I suppose is a quite small market.
Usually the general issues for Windows/Mac developers are the different graphical framework and the dozen of Linux distributions. But these issues could be solved, of course. If you ever decide to port your plugins on Linux and you need any help - feel free to contact me.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Thank you! I've kept the price point very low for this one indeed. I figured I'd rather have more people using it than making the same money from less people using it.
I might bump the price up just a notch in the future when I release substatial updates updates.
Reefius wrote:Just purchased it, great plugin at a fair price ;)
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Just purchased it too, and it's amazing!

PS: I do understand that WINE-related issues is not your concern, but it would be great if you could review a "mouse pointer showing" code (when mouse button is released after rotating the knob). Maybe it's possible to make the pointer visible with other method. Anyway, thanks for a great plugin!

Thanks! Not really sure what I can do to force mouse pointer to show again since I don't really ever have to deal with the mouse pointer itself. I believe that is entirely up to the host hosting the plugin (and in this case wine).
I have even a known "bug" (in quotes since I don't think I can do anything about it) in Ableton Live on Mac where the mouse pointer is replaced for other pointers (think text edit pointer instead of ordinary pointer) when ableton has some like that behind (!) the open plugin window. It only happens occasionally and it goes away the second mouse pointer is moved to another location so I have never really cared about it.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

a simple ADSR would be nice tho, i think.

ADSR would not make sense for either pitch nor amplitude.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

ok, but if i have a too clicky kick, but i like the tail, how would i shape the attack phase to make it less clicky?

Or when i want to make sure, that the kick doesn't extend a certain amount of ms, i would need to tame the release or even decay a bit.
Last edited by llze on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

davidguda wrote:I have even a known "bug" (in quotes since I don't think I can do anything about it) in Ableton Live on Mac where the mouse pointer is replaced for other pointers (think text edit pointer instead of ordinary pointer) when ableton has some like that behind (!) the open plugin window. It only happens occasionally and it goes away the second mouse pointer is moved to another location so I have never really cared about it.
I believe that to be a Live issue. I have seen it many times before in Live. And really, it's a non-issue as well, doesn't break any functionality, it's just slightly weird the first time you encounter it.

The wave-shower have a ms counter so you see how long the kick is.
Too clicky kick...well, there is a knob named click.
If you still want less of an attack at the initial start, use the EQ and EQ the high down a bit.

Since kicks (without thump) are starting high in pitch and then goes to lower pitch you can shape the amplitude by using the EQ. High in the start, mid in the close to start and low in the mid-to-end part.
In that sense the EQ can be seen as pseudo-envelope.

Another way would be to turn up thump volume, set the color filter to all to the left (very low lowpass) so that the thump is almost silent from the filter. The thump and body will fade to each other and since the thump is almost silent it will seem like a slower attack on the body.

There you have three solutions already in-place for the click/attack/amp shaping, and one for the ms-timing.
Suloo wrote:ok, but if i have a too clicky kick, but i like the tail, how would i shape the attack phase to make it less clicky?

Or when i want to make sure, that the kick doesn't extend a certain amount of ms, i would need to tame the release or even decay a bit.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

Yup my thoughts as well.. Weird Live bug but don't really break anything.
BDeep wrote:
davidguda wrote:I have even a known "bug" (in quotes since I don't think I can do anything about it) in Ableton Live on Mac where the mouse pointer is replaced for other pointers (think text edit pointer instead of ordinary pointer) when ableton has some like that behind (!) the open plugin window. It only happens occasionally and it goes away the second mouse pointer is moved to another location so I have never really cared about it.
I believe that to be a Live issue. I have seen it many times before in Live. And really, it's a non-issue as well, doesn't break any functionality, it's just slightly weird the first time you encounter it.
David Guda gudaaudio.com

ok, thx for responce! ;)

Return to “Instruments”