Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

filter303 wrote:I just installed the new update and I have been testing it for a few hours. So far it doesn't fix any bugs for me. V3 is nothing but a buggy mess on my computer. I like Studio one for everything else except for two things: High CPU usage and huge instability problems.

I recently picked up Logic X with the idea of composing in and then using S1 to mix in. The high CPU usage has long been an issue and has only gotten worse with v3 for me. Seems with all the long-term complaints about CPU they would do something about it, but it seems to not even be on their radar. Maybe they'd have to rewrite too many things. Hoping to like Logic more than I thought from a mixing perspective and just use that because I unfortunately have strong doubts they will do much about CPU performance any time soon, if ever. Such a shame because in many ways it's such a wonderful product.

Damn, that's a shame guys. I'm having zero problems whatsoever with Studio One 3 (well I do wish it would remember editor window size for Christ sake) but I've never felt so attached to a DAW like I am with Studio One 3. I just cant get over how well it was designed by what seems to be people who actually use this stuff. I really hope you guys get this solved.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

+1 ^^^
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Yeh, no problems at all here (win 7 64) so the issue must be with some individual configurations or hardware combinations...any common OS or spun and configurations with the users gaving issues?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

yeah same here no issues with the new release,actually they fixed some of the older issues i was having .

Are the folks with major v3 troubles on Mac or Windows? I bought the upgrade but have been slammed in every other part of life and haven't even installed it yet, but less given it a good try. V2 has generally been stable for me, more or less. I'm on win 7 Pro.

Yep, it would be nice if people reporting severe bugs could specify their OS.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

blueman wrote:What about MIDI recording intermittently starting 2 bars late and/or getting truncated? I thought that was a well known bug :?
How intermittent is it? I cant reproduce it (in fact never seen it)
I guess you can assume its fixed unless someone reports seeing it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

iPad remote app is put- very nice ;-)

Do you guys think they will integrate a notation page in later version? They bought notion, but what are presonus doing with it. Their former ceo is vp of apps or something. Then one of their staff members josh left. How will this work in the future you think? Seems like notion has no staff and is slow moving. Is it me or is studio one could be their bread winner down the line?

Seems to me they probably bought Notion mostly for their educational aventures where they outfit places (schools, etc) with S1, Notion, ASIO hardware, speakers, and everything they need from one company.

http://musiced.presonus.com

It's just one small part of a larger eco-system that spans all the way from bedroom production to large arena sound.

beatmangler443 wrote:Do you guys think they will integrate a notation page in later version? They bought notion, but what are presonus doing with it. Their former ceo is vp of apps or something. Then one of their staff members josh left. How will this work in the future you think? Seems like notion has no staff and is slow moving. Is it me or is studio one could be their bread winner down the line?
Did Josh really leave? Man, that's pretty worrying. I hope they don't end up just sitting on Notion and letting it die away. That's one of the worries many people had when it was first announced that PreSonus bought it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I have my meals in a royal palace accompanied by the Royal String Quartet.

Arcane Master wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Do you guys think they will integrate a notation page in later version? They bought notion, but what are presonus doing with it. Their former ceo is vp of apps or something. Then one of their staff members josh left. How will this work in the future you think? Seems like notion has no staff and is slow moving. Is it me or is studio one could be their bread winner down the line?
Did Josh really leave? Man, that's pretty worrying. I hope they don't end up just sitting on Notion and letting it die away. That's one of the worries many people had when it was first announced that PreSonus bought it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Is Josh (Joshua Weesner?) is the main developer of Notion?

In the "About ..." box, there are many names including 'Josh'. I have Notion 4 by the way.

I really hoped that S1 version 3 would have a good score editor in the same level of Cubase and Logic, but oh well. It might be not that requested feature. I mean, it is a very hard work and I don't know if it is possible now to do it at this stage (Cubase and Logic have the score editor since early versions).

I thought to completely migrate to Cubase Pro/Full, but I feel tired from going back and forth trying to figure out the best DAW. So, mostly I will keep using S1 version 2 till the end of this year then mostly upgrade to Version 3. I feel comfortable with S1 and already found many macros that can fill most of what I need.

I will keep my music separated I guess. Score editor like Notion (or maybe Sibelius if the development of Notion would be halted) and S1 as Midi/Audio DAW.

Arcane Master wrote:
I have to think Notion will eventually be integrated. Seems like too big an opportunity to pass up. Most of the hard work (developing a notation program) has been done. Some things may need to get tweaked and enhanced along the way, but I'm optimistic that Notion integration is on the Studio One road map for some future release. Then again, I thought we'd get Mixer Undo in version 3 and I was wrong on that front, so what do I know.

filter303 wrote:I just installed the new update and I have been testing it for a few hours. So far it doesn't fix any bugs for me. V3 is nothing but a buggy mess on my computer.
I'm having a shedload of problems now with the 3.0.1 update. The 3.0. was working fine with no major hassles.

I salute Presonus who's updates often seem regressive... :roll:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”