TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

Hi, does anyone know of a way to view the presets in a browser of window? I'm just using the left and right arrow buttons on the preset field to scroll through the sounds.

The simplicity of setting the loop points and wave imports is nice.

I will need some time to get used to manipulating the sounds through the interface.

Am i understand right that TAL Sampler do not have Multi Outs?

Very excited about this. Anyone know if it's possible to load "universe of sounds" into TAL-sampler. I'm a huge the Cure fan, and I know they used a lot of E-Mu II Universe of Sounds samples. This would make my week if someone knew how/if it were possible...

EnderWillSaveUs wrote:Very excited about this. Anyone know if it's possible to load "universe of sounds" into TAL-sampler. I'm a huge the Cure fan, and I know they used a lot of E-Mu II Universe of Sounds samples. This would make my week if someone knew how/if it were possible...
You can't load E-Mu II files in TAL Sampler, but if you have the individual samples (in a format compatible, like WAV, for exemple), you can certainly recreate them.
Fernando (FMR)

Does it have the Akai S-1000 capabilities like:
- Multiple loop points. All definable by time ?
- Independent delaying of sample L/R start position based on .e.g. volume ?
- Akai cylindrical time stretch ?

If not then i'm still waiting for a modern sampler to do just that.

fmr wrote:
EnderWillSaveUs wrote:Very excited about this. Anyone know if it's possible to load "universe of sounds" into TAL-sampler. I'm a huge the Cure fan, and I know they used a lot of E-Mu II Universe of Sounds samples. This would make my week if someone knew how/if it were possible...
You can't load E-Mu II files in TAL Sampler, but if you have the individual samples (in a format compatible, like WAV, for exemple), you can certainly recreate them.
Just right for the amazing EII OMI Universe of Sounds library Rhythmic Robot release the 1st of July. :hyper:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

fmr wrote:
I've never seen an E-Mu II and I will likely never. Not aware of the indiviudla samples from Universe of Sound being available. Would you know of any such place?

murnau wrote:
fmr wrote:
Just right for the amazing EII OMI Universe of Sounds library Rhythmic Robot release the 1st of July. :hyper:
Ya, I did notice this. However, it's quite expensive. TAL sampler is $45. If there is a way to achieve similar results via TAL-sampler then I'd like to explore that option first.

pc2000 wrote: I still have the original version that samples vsti's, and imports Akai S5000/S6000 files as well as sfz. It exports to sfz. This version was originally a commercial product, then became freeware for a time before the developer "Arguru" passed in a car accident as I recall. Arguru- was angry when DSP released it as freeware without his permission,he then released a few of DSP's products for free in retaliation then quickly removed them, which in reality, the files were merely renamed to a different file type, which I figured out!
That's half of the history but I have decided to get over that.

And talking about how well you pirated our products? I don't think that's allowed here.

On topic: wish the best to TAL and his new product on the market.

while it appears that there is no current "sampling" capability, I think the option of a "FX" version (ala absynth or z3ta maybe?) is possible(perhaps in a future version?): TAL sampler does seem to have audio input...Image
Last edited by blortblort on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blortblort wrote:whoops. dbl post ;P
Last edited by blortblort on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I definitely think that working on the middle (sampling algorithm) and output stages of vintage sampling (DAC and analog filters), without giving some focus to the input stage (live sampling through preamp and ADC), means a piece of the puzzle is missing.

But I get a strong sense that will come with a future update. This is the first TAL product in a long time, that had no precursor to build upon.

Hmm, I think this is a very sweet plugin at a good price. It reminds me of CrX4 with a different filter and sampler modeling (but without the four oscillator or "generator" types of CrX4 and cross-modulations). I found it relatively easy to find a color scheme that I like.

There are SO many plugins and scripted Kontakt instruments pulling on my strings right now. I feel overwhelmed...
------------------------------------------
Gribs

I think TAL Sampler needs "Auto-Play" option in sample browser. There is a Play button but it's not fun to keep cursor between and item and play button to hear samples in a folder.

Also the popup loading window is a bit annoying when you switch between samples using < / > buttons on the main editing page.

Other than those, I could definitely have use for it when working in Logic where I miss a simple practical sampler and I like it that it opens file formats like ogg.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

Only had a short amount of time to mess with it. But the way it handles downsampling has me very, VERY excited. Can't wait to delve in deeper.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”