Dual Waves Licenses?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to hold dual licenses for Waves plugins under a single account?

I have Gold on my DAW and tend to use a few of these regularly on my travel laptop. I'm considering grabbing separate licenses for my most used ones, if I can snap them up for bargain prices.

My Googling alludes to it being possible. I just want a conclusive answer before I go ahead with any purchases.

Oh and BTW, I know I can put them on a USB stick but I'd rather not.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I've simply uploaded licenses on the cloud, and switched machine and downloaded to laptop.
Done in a flash, really, for the lot. I have thirty products with about 80 plugins, and about 300 with all variations of each mono, stereo etc.

I see no reason dual licenses wouldn't work - you see a computer id on your account, so you get the other on another computer id - as far as I understand it.

But Waves support would answer you really quick I think, to be sure.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Is it possible to hold dual licenses for Waves plugins under a single account?

I have Gold on my DAW and tend to use a few of these regularly on my travel laptop. I'm considering grabbing separate licenses for my most used ones, if I can snap them up for bargain prices.

My Googling alludes to it being possible. I just want a conclusive answer before I go ahead with any purchases.

Oh and BTW, I know I can put them on a USB stick but I'd rather not.
I have Gold and a few (now) unused licenses I bought from before I owned the Gold bundle, so yes, it's definitely possible.

Yes it works. For those i use on my secondary system i have additional license for.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Awesome, thanks guys.

I do realise I can transfer via the cloud but my DAW is offline so doing so is a bit of a faff.

If I'm able to accumulate additional licenses cheaply for the most frequently used plugs, then that's a much more convenient solution.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
If I'm able to accumulate additional licenses cheaply for the most frequently used plugs, then that's a much more convenient solution.
Bought a year ago some Arturia synths duplicates (Analog Lab, SemV and ProphetV with soft eLicenser copy protection).
About 6 month ago Arturia changed copy/protection method (up to 5 activation for one license)

Now I can sell duplicates with much lower price than a bought before :(

Same for Softube.
During Softube Summer Sale 2015 I was thinking to buy 2nd TSAR license for my 2nd PC.
Thank you GOD! Softube increased activation counter (now 2 per license) before I bought 2nd TSAR :)

No it's not possible, sadly.

As a Mac user I have tried to create a disk image of my license USB so I can mount it on my back up machine if I ever needed... But that doesn't work either, which I did suspect.

Works ok. You can send and divide your licenses to different computers with the Licensing Center. If you have same plugins with different serials then they show up as distinct plugins and can be sent to different machines. You can also use the dongle method with the generic USB stick and just use one license for all machines. Thou then you have all the annoyances and risk associated with dongles.
No signature here!

Works like a charm. I have all licenses twice. One is in the studio, the other at home. I started with only one license, and some of them were from bundles. Later when I built my home studio, for working at home, I just added the single licenses. All under the same account.

Now, if I buy a new Waves plugin, I just buy two of them. The second plugin/license you buy get 20 or 30% discount, even if the plugin is on sale.

Moving licenses was also not a practical way for me. One time I forget to do that, the other times the computers are offline, etc.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Awesome, thanks guys.

The license transfer for my second Audiotrack was approved yesterday so I'll be trying this tonight.

Once a year you can recover licenses.
You can (ab)use this function for double licenses.

Have the plugins installed on lets say a studio pc and laptop
Activate the licenses on the studio pc and close the Waves license center.
On the laptop do a recover license and after that activate them on the laptop.
The licenses on the studio pc are still working until you log in the Waves license center, so just don't do the latter ;)

Waves even mentioned this during a support ticked I had a while ago.

Mace404 wrote:Once a year you can recover licenses.

The licenses on the studio pc are still working until you log in the Waves license center, so just don't do the latter ;)

Well, this will be same thing as piracy. The legit way I prefer is to use USB key to hold your licenses and move them between machines. Or, if you prefer, you can get several licenses for the same plugin and make them sit permanently on different machines.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Andy Gone wrote:
Mace404 wrote:Once a year you can recover licenses.

Well, this will be same thing as piracy. The legit way I prefer is to use USB key to hold your licenses and move them between machines. Or, if you prefer, you can get several licenses for the same plugin and make them sit permanently on different machines.
Just had the same thought. Even if a supporter mentions such a "workaround", it still is piracy. I think people who can afford to have two computers, should be also able to buy the appropriate amount of licenses.

Of course I wished Waves would automatically give 2 licenses with each buy, like other developers do :clap: :pray: :clap: :pray: :clap:

At least the second plugin (the same or not) you buy, gets 30% discount. I just bought two RS56 Passive licenses for only 130 bucks. Thanks to the sale plus the 30% discount on top the second license with the sale's price. That's sounds pretty fair to me. And since Waves has all the time a sale going on, you just wait until the plugin of your dreams is up ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Well, I would say, not all 'other developers' give 2 licenses. But this is up to developers' policies. But I support what you say on the discounts. Usually Waves runs good sales and gives good discounts on second and third buy, so you can really get it in an affective way.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

I am sure you can store your licences on a USB stick???? Or am I way off the mark here?

I know I have the Gold bundle and I contacted Waves support to enquire why on earth I couldn't use my bundle on more than one system, they said I could use a USB stick.

I couldn't as I already have an ILOK, Steinberg dongles, my interface and usual mouse stuffs, i.e. all my usb slots were taken. I asked if I could use the ILOK system to store the licence on, alas not :( So now I just don't use them at all, and consequently I don't by any more waves plug ins.

Check with Customer Support and see what they say, you really, really shouldn't have to buy two licences to support a home and a studio set up in my honest opinion!

Return to “Effects”