Trouble opening saved presets

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I recently purchased this great sounding synth. Unfortunately I had a lot of problems installing it on my macbook pro running yosemite. First I got the "license not found" mentioned in the manual. After a couple reinstalls and workarounds I finally got it to work. My only problem now is, I can't open patches I made. I can save them, but not open. I also noticed that I can't change the gui. It only loads the default skin. I tried contacting support, but no response. It would be a shame to only be able to use this synth as a rompler, so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thnx

Yosemite has some serious bugs. Many people (including me) have file permission problems. I've figured out how to get the file permissions set properly. I am not saying this is your problem, but it sounds like a permission issue. are you willing/able to do some admin work on your mac? Here's the steps:

close all application
open Terminal and issue this command "sudo chmod -RN ~/" (no quotes, this strips permissions from your home files so that they are not set)
restart your mac, when you hear the restart chime, press command-R until the apple logo appear and then release
you will boot in recovery mode. answer all dialogues until you get to the finder
you will see a window with some app options, open disk utility
do "restore permissions" on your boot drive until you no longer get any messages about what was restored, or you keep getting the same messages (do it at least twice)
close disk utilities
from the top menu, look for Terminal and open it
type this command "resetpassword"
a window will open, select your boot drive, your user account and click Reset at the bottom to reset permissions and ALCs
Restart the mac with the apple menu

http://www.macissues.com/2014/04/11/how ... s-in-os-x/

This will restore your permissions across your drive. one little know thing is that the disk utilities repair permissions only repairs non-user files! I kept having issues with incorrect permissions in my user folder and couldn't figure out why repair wasn't touching them. so after some googling I found out you have to run the resetpassword util in Restore to get your user permissions reset.

Let us know if this helped.

Thanks for taking the time to help! I did the steps you said, but unfortunately nothing has changed. Maybe it's something simple I overlooked. How would you go about opening saved presets and banks? I'm running synthmaster in Reaper btw. I clearly see the "save", "save as" and "new" buttons, but no "open" button except for Reapers own import options which aren't able to see synthmasters presets.

I have to say its probably the most buggy synth I own and have the exact same issues on Mavericks. Very poor support.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I have tried just about everything I could think of to open saved presets. Every once in a while a saved preset would pop up in the browser list, but most often not.

@woodsdenis, I feel you are correct about this synth. As is, this synth is un-usable to me and I feel I have wasted my money buying it. The response I got from my email?... crickets... zzz...

Just to offer a different perspective (hope?) I tun Logic Pro X on a late 2011 macbook pro with Yosemite. Synthmaster has been working great for me so far. knock wood. I know that macOS has been much more buggy in the last few major releases. it may not be SM but the mac. tracking down the issue may be a losing battle because Apple is no help at all. I hope you get it sorted.

Jellybean wrote:Hi all, I recently purchased this great sounding synth. Unfortunately I had a lot of problems installing it on my macbook pro running yosemite. First I got the "license not found" mentioned in the manual. After a couple reinstalls and workarounds I finally got it to work. My only problem now is, I can't open patches I made. I can save them, but not open. I also noticed that I can't change the gui. It only loads the default skin. I tried contacting support, but no response. It would be a shame to only be able to use this synth as a rompler, so any help would greatly be appreciated. Thnx
When did you contact us? did you contact us at: http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx ? Please contact us again, we receive tens of issues every day on our issue database.

You can change the GUI, it is explained in the user manual. You could be changing the GUI for the current presets, not globally. If you are doing that please change the global skin to "preset". and you have to close/reopen the plugin window.

Are you running OSX as a regular user? or a user that's an admin on that machine ? It's probably that the installer could not copy files. Manually copy files as explained in the user manual.

As for presets, are you saving them to Documents/SynthMaster/Presets folder? if so SynthMaster should read them when it is launched. Normally SynthMaster saves the location where you saved the presets but I guess your config file is not saved properly, there might be some file system issues.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thank you for responding. I recall using the contact form on the synthmaster website, but got no response. I haven't looked into the gui issue yet, but I did find out that synthmaster wasn't saving in the folder you mentioned, so that's why presets weren't showing up in the browser. Wouldn't a dedicated "open" menu be a lot easier? It would at least prevent these situations.

I also noticed that synthmaster crashes a lot. Yosemite issue maybe?

Try to delete

/users/shared/synthmastertemp folder
documents/synthmaster/synthmasterpresets.xml file
documents/synthmaster/config/synthmasterconfig.txt file
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Return to “KV331 Audio”