[FREE] PAL-9000 (noise generator)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A little gift to celebrate the site restyle:

Category: PAL-9000 is a noise synth, good for special FX/Sci-Fi stuff. The random sequences generated with PAL-9000 could have a very long evolving time, so my suggestion is to press a key and let it sing. PAL-9000 should react to pitch bend, modulation wheel, and channel aftertouch, but I'm not sure anymore.

Usage: Unknown

Known bugs:

- Sometimes refuses to execute the orders
- It could kill you

This plugin has been released as Charityware: this means that the plugin is free but if you like it and use it consider to donate a small amount of money to charitable organizations. Help the world to be a better place.

Dedicated to A.C. Clarke.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.maxsynths.com/vst_free_pal9000.html

Thanks for this Max ... the GUI looks awesome. Made a donation to Oxfam. Site redesign looks good :tu:
Known bugs:

- It could kill you
:o :hihi:

Got it this afternoon...nice job on the GUI....sounds good too!! :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

It could kill me? I love living on the edge for sound oscillation. Bring it on. :borg:

Congrats with the updated website :clap:

And thanks a lot for the PAL-9000 :love:

Is there a manual for this? I'm trying to figure out how to program anything other than 16 steps for each section. I see there are some presets with sections with 8 steps or even fewer. Yet when I start hitting the 6 randomize buttons in the middle, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting back to previous step patterns other than just reloading the patch.

I've tried looking to see if there was a manual step entry pattern for each section but not having any luck. So I'm curious as to how they got the initial step configurations programmed in the first place since there doesn't appear to be any way to create your own other than hitting those 6 buttons in the middle of the GUI, each one leaves you with some configuration of 16 steps for one or more of the sections.

Anybody have a clue?

Thanks a bunch :party:
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Guys, thanks for your comments!

@thecontrolcentre: thanks for donating to Oxfam! :tu:
@wagtunes: no manual :hihi: PAL-9000 is a noise generator, and the idea behind it is to have fun experimenting with the random buttons and the (undocumented) GUI controls :D

MaxSynths wrote:Usage: Unknown
HAL wrote:I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
----------
MaxSynths wrote:Known bugs:

HAL wrote:I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
----------
MaxSynths wrote:Known bugs:

- It could kill you
HAL wrote:Are you sure you're making the right decision? I think we should stop.
HAL wrote:Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.
----------

:tu: to the charity thing.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

:hihi:

Let us be happy, that you did not call this "Bomb #20". :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

This thread made me search for my DVD of "2001 - A Space Odyssey" again and just started playing it at my TV... :)
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:This thread made me search for my DVD of "2001 - A Space Odyssey" again and just started playing it at my TV... :)
I wonder if you could be kind enough to help me with a problem. PM me for details. It concerns a synth you worked on as patch designer.

Ingonator wrote:This thread made me search for my DVD of "2001 - A Space Odyssey" again and just started playing it at my TV... :)
Eheh :D I'm contemplating the idea to read the book again... :D

Uh, just a note: I received a couple of mails from people claiming that they have downloaded PAL-9000 from SonicState and they had problems unzipping the "zipdevil" file... First of all I have no idea what "zipdevil" is, second: I discourage the re-distribution through other websites (I can't be sure what other sites are redistributing, and I can't offer support on what is downloaded from other sites, sorry), the official download is on http://www.maxsynths.com/vst_free_pal9000.html

Return to “Instruments”