July Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gossip, if you've got it, goes here.
No longer a moderator.

Hi,

Back to music production on a rather regular basis (let's dream on), I'm tempted to enter the contest and join you back for the best of fun. :party:

Problem: I need some web space to upload my future entries. What are the current options? :pray:

Out of curiosity: what happened to the contest and its gossip thread, being now so... quiet :?:

Ok, i've read The wikipedia link.
Here, it's a call and response piece :band2: >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHG5-GxI_Es

Wopelka wrote:Out of curiosity: what happened to the contest and its gossip thread, being now so... quiet :?:
:shrug:

Well, all the chatty and mouthy people went away.
So no longer flame wars and fights...
Unfortunately the good, positive talk is gone as well. I miss that. I remember 60 - 70 pages of gossip thread every month
Times are a-changing... :wink:

Maybe it's due to Soundcloud and social media but it's not just the contest that's been affected. Remember when some long-time KVR members posted music in the Cafe regularly, Emerald Tablet and Polyslax, for example?

Is the survival of this place going to have to depend on some of us lazier folks? :x :hihi:

So it goes...enjoy it while it lasts and thankfully there are some here who still seem to be devoted enough, despite the changes, to keep this thing going. :wink:

60 - 70 pages of gossip thread every month
Waow, I didn't remenber.
OK, the june gossip have only two pages. Maybe we can try 10 pages for july ? :wink:

Actually it's not just here. All the forums I regularly visit (not just music ones) have dropped off a lot over the last couple of years :(

Speaking for myself, I'm always busy doing something. I just seem to have too many somethings and not enough sometime :cry:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Welcome back, Wopelka. Long time no see. :)

Hi Barnadine :hug: hi people. Nice to see many old acquaintances still active over here.

Famous "call and response" ? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiK7z5RXo6E

Wopelka wrote:Problem: I need some web space to upload my future entries. What are the current options? :pray:
For free, there's SoundCloud and kiwi6.com (neither of which likes my dial-up connection, but both of which work for contest purposes). If you happen to have a free dropbox.com account that was set up before October 2012 (I think that's right), that'd work too; one set up after that wouldn't (though I think a pay account of some kind might).

For contest purposes, the people listed in the submissions thread would probably still help out (though I suppose I should ask them again; it's been a couple of years since I last did).

There are probably more options, but those are the ones I know of.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
Wopelka wrote:Problem: I need some web space to upload my future entries. What are the current options? :pray:
For free, there's SoundCloud and kiwi6.com (neither of which likes my dial-up connection, but both of which work for contest purposes). If you happen to have a free dropbox.com account that was set up before October 2012 (I think that's right), that'd work too; one set up after that wouldn't (though I think a pay account of some kind might).

For contest purposes, the people listed in the submissions thread would probably still help out (though I suppose I should ask them again; it's been a couple of years since I last did).

There are probably more options, but those are the ones I know of.
Thanks, I'll try to use Soundcloud.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
I am still happy to host, if required. Although I might need to dust off the memory banks to remember how to FTP into my site. It has been a while!
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Thanks, slartibartfast.
No longer a moderator.

Dommage, Daniel. :( I was really enjoying your track. How do you achieve such a warm sound, overall?

As nobody said anything about your track yet, and therefore you are not benefiting from feedback to improve your track, the moderator should be in a position to allow you to post a corrected version of your contest entry, if you ask him.

Return to “Music Cafe”