soundcloud/youtube and subwoofers

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So apparently I noticed with my new sound system that services like youtube and soundcloud are not playing my tracks with the bass in the sub even though I hear then when playing the same files locally I uploaded.

I don't get why this would be... but listening to the local copies they are much better quality for it and I don't get it as this as it means that people I've sent my music too are hearing something different than they should be.

Is there any way around this or have I just set up my sound system in such a way that the stuff coming from my browser isn't going to my new subwoofer and system properly?

Or will I just from now on need to give direct download links or something? Could it be I'm loosing some of that when going from .wav to mp3 too?

you wouldnt by chance be using chrome would you?
ImageImageImage

I think they're playing a stereo mixdown. So I enable the "download" on SoundCloud and people can get the surround that way.

i doubt it has anything to do with soundcloud or youtube.

ive never had my sub not play, like ever.

there is a known issue with chrome users not having their subs work on youtube.

or it could be something wrong with how their system is processing audio.

if the op put up a link to the soundcloud in question...we could see if this is happening with everyone.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:i doubt it has anything to do with soundcloud or youtube.

ive never had my sub not play, like ever.

there is a known issue with chrome users not having their subs work on youtube.

or it could be something wrong with how their system is processing audio.

if the op put up a link to the soundcloud in question...we could see if this is happening with everyone.
Ya, using chrome lol. I also did more testing by downloading one of my things from youtube when it played in stereo on there but then it played with all sound locally o.0

Sorry I was pretty out of it when I posted this... my soundcloud is just below my name but here is a track of mine that is very bass heavy... should be a good test. (not my best track but a WIP either way).

If it's playing properly the subwoofer should be really active with the TB-303 sounds/notes that come in around 47 seconds.

https://soundcloud.com/katelyn-rajas/demo-3-1
Last edited by Katelyn on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeah...my sub was playing immediately.

so its not soundcloud.

see if this helps (you dont actually have to watch the video...instructions are in the description):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJEsUCuJS0
ImageImageImage

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”