Blue II version 1.0.3 ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yesterday morning I loaded Blue II and it opened up on the info page and said "Update Info: Current version of Blue2 is 1.0.3" but in my account the latest version is 1.0.0g which is what I have installed. (Win 64 bit)

This morning I opened it with no such message so I don't know if Blue II does a check for updates every 24 hours or every week or whatever.

Has anyone else gotten this message when opening Blue II lately ? I checked my account again this morning and 1.0.0g is still the latest version. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nope

Hmmmm I wonder what would cause such a message then ? RP/COFX software is rock solid so you wouldn't expect this to be an error and even so why version 1.0.3 ?

Silly question but I assume the system you have Blue installed on is connected to the net in order to receive update notices.

I posted this in the RP forum here yesterday but it doesn't look like it is populated on a daily basis. Just out of curiosity I may send a support request. Maybe they were ready to roll out an update but at the last minute discovered an issue that delayed it's release.

Anyway not a big deal either way but obviously any update to Blue II even a small point update would be something that would generate interest here..........(at some point I'd be interested in Blue II getting a "huge mode" like Predator which I use all the time). :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It was a long time ago now but I remember getting a similarly odd message after opening up Predator one day. I was thinking, cool, the plugins are checking for updated versions now. I've never seen it since though. It happened just the once to the best of my recollection.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Odd, very odd. I own Predator and don't remember getting such a message but could well have done so. I just installed Blue II a few days ago so maybe it's some sort of "handshake" check related to copy protection.

Just out of curiosity I'll send a support request and see what they say. Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Didn't have this message with Blue II, but had a similar one yesterday when I loaded Predator. It was just a general reminder, to check for an eventual new version on RP's website. It happened on a computer which is not connected to internet, by the way.

You know now that you mention it I do have a plugin that opens to a reminder once in awhile....can't swear it is Predator but could be. I just remember it being somewhat annoying but not terribly so.......

Maybe Predator and Blue are programmed to look for an internet connection and if they don't find one they put up the generic reminder. I don't mind RP/ COFX software connecting since I trust Rob and Jon.

But I still wonder why Blue said there was a specific update version available rather than a generic "check for updates" message.

Monday I'll send a request to them just out of curiosity. Maybe there is a 1.0.3 version in the works...... :)

Got a reply from RP support after asking if there is or will be a version 1.0.3...............

" The latest vesion is 1.0.0.g
But sometimes, the number of the back is not correct.
Could be the case.
Anyhow, you can download the latest version and run the installer to be sure."

Ummmm...........ok. :?

Must be something to do with NSA spying or an Apple takeover bid. All we need now is a whistleblower at RP to spill the beans. :idea:

Just seems like a response from someone who doesn't even work for RP/COFX. But no matter I have a lot of respect for the guys. They've been very good to me over the years......... :tu:

Me too. :)

Teksonik wrote:Got a reply from RP support after asking if there is or will be a version 1.0.3...............

" The latest vesion is 1.0.0.g
But sometimes, the number of the back is not correct.
Could be the case.
Anyhow, you can download the latest version and run the installer to be sure."
Sometimes? Is there some AI in there, and it just changes it version number as it pleases sometimes? :wink:

I don't know that's why I found the answer somewhat.....odd. Kind of like a "I really don't know" response.

Yes why did it show version 1.0.3 ? Just picked a random number higher than the installed version ? Why not 1.0.1 ? Odd very odd.

But again I love RP/COFX so no hard feelings.

I just got one of 'those' messages (1 JULY 2015). I upgraded to eXplorer-III on 09/05/2015 and installed same day.
UPDATE INFO:

Please log-in to robpapen.com to check for updates to RP-Verb, it is currently version 1.5.1f.

We may have new presets for you or squashed some bugs in a new version. So check if there is a

new version available, by checking the version number.

Please note that 'updates' are easy to obtain. Visit 'My Products' and open the download page

below the product. Download the latest installer to install the latest updates if applicable.

I got that message today about 1.0.3 for Blue II but went to my account and there wasn't update....

Return to “Instruments”