TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

modulation amounts not automatable? wha?..

I'll definitely be taking this for a spin. Anything from TAL is worth checking out imho.

Bought it even without demoing and I wasn't disappointed. It sounds very awesome, there's just something nice about the emulation here, it sounds really like a vintage sampler, first one to really nail it in my opinion (Well Cyclone did that too i think). I own Morgana and in my opinion Tal Sampler sounds better, also Morgana sounds too gritty / dirty for me. I wish there was straight sf2 import instead of sfz and maybe some more import options. Also sampling would be nice, but I'm sure that'll come with future updates.
Last edited by penguinfromdeep on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

I have the 101 and it's a great synth. But I'm so pathetically shallow that I can't even demo this until it gets a new skin. It's astoundingly ugly.

You do know there's a dark skin variant for 101? Click on TAL in upper left corner.

TAL Sampler is class. Great job!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

EvilDragon wrote:You do know there's a dark skin variant for 101? Click on TAL in upper left corner.

He meant the sampler's skin. 8)

Those colors are also adjustable. I set it to black. Much nicer now :)

EvilDragon wrote:You do know there's a dark skin variant for 101? Click on TAL in upper left corner.
The 101 is beautiful! It's the sampler at which I curse my own weakness.

You can choose any color for the skin on the sampler

2ZrgE wrote:

He meant the sampler's skin. 8)

Looks cool that.

Nice trick with the sampler as well. I've got mine set nice and light so I can see everything. :)

It'd be great to see more vsts with this kind of feature.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

loving tal-sampler, it's got everything i was looking for, i already had silverspike tapeit 2 so sampling with that and drag and drop to tal-sampler is quick and easy
i would like the browser to auto-play when i click on a sample though
drag resizing of the gui is great and also great that i can change the colour to a lovely Waldorf Microwave orange

emef wrote: i would like the browser to auto-play when i click on a sample though
Yeah, that'd be nice. But I'm really pleased with it so far. :tu:

Prefer it to Nuance tbh.

penguinfromdeep wrote:Bought it even without demoing and I wasn't disappointed. It sounds very awesome, there's just something nice about the emulation here, it sounds really like a vintage sampler, first one to really nail it in my opinion (Well Cyclone did that too i think). I own Morgana and in my opinion Tal Sampler sounds better, also Morgana sounds too gritty / dirty for me. I wish there was straight sf2 import instead of sfz and maybe some more import options. Also sampling would be nice, but I'm sure that'll come with future updates.
Oh, that's interesting to hear. I've had Morgana on my "I should get around to buying that one day," list, but never have. $169 just seemed like too much for a plug in that I'd only use from time to time when I'm going for that sound, even though it does seem to sound really good to me. The Tal one is just the right price though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Oh, that's interesting to hear. I've had Morgana on my "I should get around to buying that one day," list, but never have. $169 just seemed like too much for a plug in that I'd only use from time to time when I'm going for that sound, even though it does seem to sound really good to me. The Tal one is just the right price though.
Morgana doesn't sound bad, the filter is nice but the general sound is a bit too dirty as I said, everything will sound very noisy. With Tal Sampler you can dial in just the right amount of grittiness / noise / dirt. So it's much more flexible in that sense. Also the interface in Morgana while ok is not as intuitive as with Tal Sampler.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”