Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes - the updates have been few and far between - 2.7 didn't really have many significant improvements - and left long awaited issues still unadressed.
Going by the get satisfaction forum I would say that it is now totally abandoned

Such a shame as nothing has ever touched it for intelligent design
Cheers

Mick

dermichl wrote:2.6 was released in 2011 and 2.7 was released last year...
And then a 3.0 beta earlier this year. Also, he's still developing the iOS version, also updated this year. My point stands. XT is a solid, stable, useful tool than many people can use in it's current form with no extra development needed. This DAW has never reached the massive popularity of some peers so I don't think it is fair to compare its development cycle to them. Of course, there is a great deal of software philosophy we can dive into, if you want, but doing so doesn't make my point any more valid.

@djvision

I also love EnergyXt and have produced a lot of stuff with it for the last 3 or 4 years
...but the 3.0 beta only appeared after I asked Jorgen for it - and it's obviously got issues

..and sorry to say - solid / stable? - it ain't - once you start adding a good few midi / audio / automation tracks things start getting very crashy .
For that and other reasons I'm having to reluctantly migrate all my current projects to another DAW

..but my dream is that Jorgen suddenly returns and sorts the problems out - sadly I don't think it's gonna happen though
Cheers

Mick

djvision wrote:XT is a solid, stable, useful tool than many people can use in it's current form with no extra development needed.
Amen, Brotha! :tu:

ps. i know mick has had stability issues, but i can honestly say crashes for me are far and in between.
few enough that i hardly ever do "timed" manual saves.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:ps. i know mick has had stability issues, but i can honestly say crashes for me are far and in between.
Naturally there are trade-offs. The more features you have, the more bugs. I'm probably one of the lucky few that rarely experience a crash. But one should also remember that XT can be run on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Linux. That's a huge codebase to uphold and the fact it works this good in so many different computing environments speaks volumes about how well XT is written.

djvision wrote:This DAW has never reached the massive popularity of some peers so I don't think it is fair to compare its development cycle to them.
And he we go again, more nonsense in some kind of need to defend poor little Jorgen.
Some facts...
Jorgen HAD the most loyal fanbase of any DAW ever during XT1 lifie.
Jorgen recieved praise as the number 1 audio developer, not only by users but everynody else too, during XT1 life.
Jorgens software was recommended by all magazines (yes all) as "the best add on you could ever buy for your DAW" (this was the most enviable position any developer had ever been in, they where basically saying "yes you have your DAW, but buy this DAW and it will make your old DAW better, he literally had no competition because he made the competition better than it already was)
Jorgens software was even recommended by most other DAW developers during XT1 life.

ALL THESE YEARS LATER THERE IS STILL NO OTHER PRODUCT RELEASED ELSEWHERE TO COMPETE WITH XT1.4 (with updates for its buggy behaviour on newer hardware/OS it would literally still be the best, no feature updates, just x64 and bugfixes, all this time later it would still be unique and uncomparable in usage and feature set) people including myself have tried to buy it off him, lock stock and barrel, in comparison XT2 is a twee little limited DAW that can be compared to a bunch of other DAWs, normally unfavourably.

There is no poor little Jorgen, i suspect his lack of interest in users or updates is quite genuine, not some spiteful "i hate them all" behaviour, he just isnt interested in music software development anymore and hasnt been for a long time (no this is not just guesswork like most of this fanboy nonsense being spouted here, during the early Behringer days he even told us he had gone a six month yachting holiday) he has moved on to greener pastures new, all we could hope for now is his cat accidentally dances across his keyboard and compiles am x64 build of xt1.4, then Jorgen can literally just go away forever, at this point he wont be missed (his own doing as shown above)
Last edited by bungle on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Duh

Look, I'm not defending the guy. I honestly don't know anything about him or the history of XT. I didn't discover this DAW until it was already "dead," but still bought it anyway and think it's fine all by itself. If you don't like it, don't use it, but definitely don't bitch about it because that makes you look petty.
bungle wrote:...he just isnt interested in music software development anymore and hasnt been for a long time...
Tell me, have you ever done software development? Because I do and I know what it's like to have a project go into development limbo. One of my programs hasn't had an update in over two years. But you know what? One day I'll get around to adding some new features and fixing some bugs, but even if I don't, the software is still useful as is (I use it all the time).

I just don't see what you expect to accomplish by complaining. Complaints fix anything and they don't motivate developers. Challenges do.

jorgen is a dangerous aminal and needs to be controlled. if people didn't get on here and say dissuasive things, then all sorts of people would be using jorgen's "software" for "productivity" and "having a good time" and "empowering their memetic expression" so they're not entirely victimisable by "people who are as lovely as a bag of soft old dogs willies".

evil does exist amen.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

djvision wrote:Look, I'm not defending the guy. I honestly don't know anything about him or the history of XT. I didn't discover this DAW until it was already "dead," but still bought it anyway and think it's fine all by itself. If you don't like it, don't use it, but definitely don't bitch about it because that makes you look petty.
bungle wrote:...he just isnt interested in music software development anymore and hasnt been for a long time...
Tell me, have you ever done software development? Because I do and I know what it's like to have a project go into development limbo. One of my programs hasn't had an update in over two years. But you know what? One day I'll get around to adding some new features and fixing some bugs, but even if I don't, the software is still useful as is (I use it all the time).

I just don't see what you expect to accomplish by complaining. Complaints fix anything and they don't motivate developers. Challenges do.
I wasn't complaining, i was pointing out you talking nonsense, big difference, might be worth you trying to understand that at some point.
Duh

bungle wrote:I wasn't complaining, i was pointing out you talking nonsense, big difference, might be worth you trying to understand that at some point.
Ah, now I see what kind of person you are. After looking through your post history, it appears your heart was broken when XT switched from Version 1 to 2 and you never fully recovered, thus all the negativity you been spouting over the years. You should see a counselor and learn to move on. Life gets better sunshine! :love:

Re: Is there anyone posting here that actually enjoys using energyxt?
i use xt1 for experiments and xt2 for more audio mix finishing stuff.
still my main sequencer.
between them,they take pretty much any vst i throw at it.
very rarely crashes for me.
win7.

djvision wrote:
bungle wrote:I wasn't complaining, i was pointing out you talking nonsense, big difference, might be worth you trying to understand that at some point.
Ah, now I see what kind of person you are. After looking through your post history, it appears your heart was broken when XT switched from Version 1 to 2 and you never fully recovered, thus all the negativity you been spouting over the years. You should see a counselor and learn to move on. Life gets better sunshine! :love:
the sun will come out tomorrow.....tomorrow...tomorrow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

djvision wrote:
No i just dont suffer lying and false information, but it is rather telling that as soon as you are called out for false information you try to make insultingassertions about people faux hidden in bad humour, like i said, very little wonder that Jorgen has no interest with the only people around using his software being like this.
Duh

bungle wrote:...like i said, very little wonder that Jorgen has no interest with the only people around using his software being like this.
Yet, I've been nothing but supportive of the software and fans, which means your argument make absolutely no sense. Go cry more about version 1. No one cares what you think.

still using it and loving it more than ever with multicore support & the GUI is still the clearest and most readable on my laptop.
energy XT2 despite its flaws was a masterpiece in GUI design .....all DAWs from Logic to Bitwig took inspiration from it in the years that followed.
only issue I have at the moment is that the multicore fails with multiout plugins like the tx16wx sampler. apart from that it's a sequencer that does the job fine.

Return to “energyXT”