NAMM: Announcing iRig PowerBridge

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

More details since the "I'm told it won't work" didn't cut it and I don't want you to have improper expectations... This should be more definitive: The Mini-Din/Micro USB cable that comes with iRIg PowerBridge, can’t be used to connect other class compliant interfaces because iRig PowerBridge doesn’t include the functionality of a CCK. Because of the way iOS is designed/coded, to connect class compliant devices to the system you must use a CCK, which is an intelligent interface that includes a microprocessor and firmware, and this functionality is not included in iRig PowerBridge. Without a CCK only MFi accessories can be connected to iOS devices, and that’s why only iRig (MFi) accessories work with iRig PowerBridge.

In a nutshell for those waiting for someone to test out functionality with non-iRig digital accessories: It will not work, no need to wait for someone to test. The reason is that an iOS device is NOT compatible with class compliant USB accessories as-is, unfortunately.
You need the Apple CCK to add this functionality to an iOS device.

Thanks for the explanation and saving us any expensive mistakes.
Instant human just add coffee

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:In a nutshell for those waiting for someone to test out functionality with non-iRig digital accessories: It will not work, no need to wait for someone to test. The reason is that an iOS device is NOT compatible with class compliant USB accessories as-is, unfortunately.
You need the Apple CCK to add this functionality to an iOS device.
Peter, thank you very much for the open and honest explanation.

No problem, glad to help.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter, thanks for explaining in more detail.
When will shipping start?

Albert.VST wrote:Peter, thanks for explaining in more detail.
When will shipping start?
I don't have a specific date to quote yet but just Q1 2015.

Still not available? Any news?

I'm very interested in this. Any ETA for availability in Australia?
SYSTEM SPECS: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD, MOTU Ultralite Mk 3 (FireWire only), Apple MainStage

Albert.VST wrote:Still not available? Any news?
We are looking at next week, barring any major issues which don't appear to be on the horizon. Evidenced by the firmware update for our digital interfaces including PowerBridge support and that having been released today: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/news.php?id=557

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”