Live 9.2 is out now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

FWIW on Windows 7 64-bit what i had to do to get Max 4 Live 7 working after the update to Live 9.2 was changing the Max folder in the Live preferences like shown in this screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... path_1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning Java runtime on Windows i usually got the latest version installed which concerning installation does not seem to be a big problem there.

I do not use OSX myself but found this about Max + Java at OSX:
https://cycling74.com/forums/topic/java-runtime-bug/
https://cycling74.com/forums/topic/java ... ax-4-live/

Looks like you need a different version of Java for Max (called "Java for OSX") and not the "regular" one for OSX:
https://cycling74.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... and_later)
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?vie ... cale=de_DE

So on OSX other programs seems to use Java from Oracle while Max needs "Java for OSX". Also looks like until OSX 10.8 this was installed automatically but not in later versions of OSX where this has to be installed manually.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

:) tried to load some of my projects from 9.x .. and couple of them loaded well but some of them crashed during load process. =/ any workaround or wait for 9.2.1? :D :roll:

Is 9.2 distributed via auto update or manual install only?

Since the update, I seem to be getting crashes with:

WaveMachine - Labs Drumagog 5
SONiVOX: Wobble
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

TheKid wrote:Is 9.2 distributed via auto update or manual install only?
Bigger updates like 9.1 and 9.2 seem to be available as manual installation only.
Anyway at the installer you should be able to select the update mode (with selecting your current installation folder) instead iof a complete reinstall.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
Bigger updates like 9.1 and 9.2 seem to be available as manual installation only.
Anyway at the installer you should be able to select the update mode (with selecting your current installation folder) instead iof a complete reinstall.
Mine auto updated to 9.2. Left it up while I ran some errands, came back, restarted, bam. M4L is a different story though.

so far 9.2 is working fine for me... and the Push improvements are welcome

dtomaloff wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
Mine auto updated to 9.2. Left it up while I ran some errands, came back, restarted, bam. M4L is a different story though.
After several restarts i received 9.2 via autoupdate. Great so far, only NI Replika crashes Live when it's inserted to a track. I hope NI fixes this soon. Now Ableton needs to address the midi clock problem and I'll be very happy.

Just confirmed replika is crashing Live here too. I'll have to add it to my conversation with Ableton.

These crashes are OS (and possibly even machine) dependent I think.

Earlier in the thread I reported that I could not get Max 7.0.4 working on OS X 10.8.5. I (naughtily!) cross posted this on various forums (Max, Ableton) and nobody has come back as having the same problem. The Abes haven't seen it either as far as I can tell and told me that they would have to take it up with the Max developers. So, it may be that it is just 10.8.5 on late 2011 17" MBPs, or even just my particular MBP, for all I know.

While I have been resisting it for a very long time, this was the final straw (Photoshop CC 2015, Logic 10.1, Apple's new streaming service, various other apps) and after cloning my boot drive yesterday I upgraded to Yosemite. My past experience has been of gross performance problems when upgrading the OS X version that a MBP comes with, but so far everything seems absolutely fine (fingers crossed).

9.2/7.0.4 are now working fine. On 10.8.5 the AU version of Crusher-X wouldn't work, and that is now fine. On 9.2 Liquidsonics Reverberate was crashing Live (a problem I have seen reported elsewhere), but it is now working in 10.10.4.

Replika is fine too.

So, if things are crashing your Live, I think it is worth reporting your OS version here too.

Well I'm on Windows 7.

Replika was working fine with the recent NI update. It's not working with the current Live update.
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 5 was working fine with all of the previous versions of Live. It's not working with the current Live update.
SONiVOX Wobble was working fine with all of the previous versions of Live. It's not working with the current Live update.

So, my guess is that it's a Live issue.

Obviously, I meant Live + OS version.

I've had the same problem with Replika in Live 9.2 64-bit. Can anyone confirm whether the same issue happens with 32-bit?

I can. It is. :)

Guess I'll have to stick with 9.1 a little longer then.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”