SynthMaster / SynthMaster Player Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

Official support for: kv331audio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Hi folks,

It was time to create this, here we go, starting with Support category:

Support

Q: What is the best and fastest way to contact KV331 Audio?
A: Please contact us at: http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx

Q: Can I contact you at support AT kv331audio.com ?
A: You can, but that email address is flooded with spam, and email can have issues whereas when you contact us from our website as written above, it is recorded in an "Issue Management Database". So please contact us from our website!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

SynthMaster Player

Q: What are the differences between the free and paid versions of SynthMaster Player ?
A: SynthMaster Player FREE comes with 200 factory presets, where as SynthMaster Player comes with 800 factory presets. Aside from that, they have the same functionality. With both versions, you can purchase and use preset expansions banks released by KV331 Audio.

Q: What are the limitations of SynthMaster Player compared to SynthMaster ?
A: SynthMaster Player / SynthMaster Player FREE has very limited editing capabilities compared to SynthMaster: You can only edit 12 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer, and bypass states of layer/global effects. If you are not into designing your own sounds, the player will work well for you.

Q: Can I purchase and use KV331 Audio's preset expansion banks in SynthMaster Player ?
A: Yes, you can.

Q: Can I purchase and use third party preset expansion banks in SynthMaster Player ?
A: Unfortunately, that is not possible.

Q: Can I upgrade from SynthMaster Player to SynthMaster?
A: Yes, you can. When you purchase SynthMaster Player, we send you a notification email that contains a coupon code with which you can upgrade to SynthMaster Factory, Standard or Everything Bundle versions.

Q: How can I import preset expansion banks into SynthMaster Player ?
A: Please see pages 10-11 of SynthMaster Player User Manual, importing preset banks is explained there.
Works at KV331 Audio

Everything Bundle

Q: Will I get future preset banks for free if I purchase 'Everything Bundle' ?
A: Everything Bundle' contains current presets only, not future ones. However, we send you a coupon code in the email that is sent when you purchase 'Everything Bundle'. Using that coupon code, you can purchase banks released after your purchase at a discounted price.

Q: I purchased some preset banks from you guys, and now want to upgrade to 'Everything Bundle'. Can I receive credit for the banks that I already own ?
A: Yes that is possible. When we do seasonal sales (Spring Sale, Summer Sale, etc), we calculate the credit amount for each user, and send him/her a coupon code for that credit amount. Because of that, please make sure your registered email with us can receive email from us!
Works at KV331 Audio

Academic License

Q: What are the limitations of 'Academic' license? Does it come with any reduced features ?
A: SynthMaster 'Academic' is same as SynthMaster 'Factory'. The only thing that differs is their price!

Q: What evidence do I need to prove that I am a student ?
A: You can send scanned copy of your student id card or latest transcript. If you have an email account from your school, sending us an email from that account would work as well!

Q: I am a student in a field other than music, do I qualify for 'Academic' License ?
A: Yes you do. As long as you are a high school/university student, you qualify.

Q: I am an instructor. Do I qualify for 'Academic' or free 'Academic NFR' license ?
A: If you are teaching in a music technology related field, you qualify for free 'Academic NFR' license. Please contact us at: http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx to obtain your free 'Academic NFR' license. If you are teaching in a different field, you can purchase 'Academic' License from us.

Q: Is there 'Academic' pricing for the 'Everything Bundle Upgrade' as well ?
A: When you purchase SynthMaster 'Academic' license, we send you a notification email that contains a coupon code with which you can purchase Synthmaster Everything Bundle upgrade at a cheaper price.

Q: Can I transfer my current 'Academic' license to somebody else ?
A: If that person is a student, you can transfer your license. Please keep in mind that $15 license transfer fee also applies when transferring academic licenses.
Works at KV331 Audio

Installation

Q: On how many computers am I allowed to install SynthMaster ?
A: You are allowed to install SynthMaster/SynthMaster Player on up to 5 machines at a time.

Q: How do I register my information on your web site ?
A: You don't have to register your details with us. When you make your purchase at PayPal, we already receive your details from PayPal, and we enter those into our database automatically.

Q: I am getting 'License File contains invalid values' error. What should I do ?
A: Please contact us at: http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx , we will send you a new serial number.
Works at KV331 Audio

License Transfer

Q: I want to transfer my license to somebody else. What is the procedure ? Is there a transfer fee ?
A: When you find the buyer, please contact us at: http://www.synthmaster.com/contactus.aspx , the trasfer fee is $15.

Q: Can I transfer preset expansion banks that I purchased in the past?
A: You can not transfer banks individually. You can transfer your entire license (SynthMaster + preset banks) only.
Works at KV331 Audio

Upgrade to version 3.0

Q: When you release SynthMaster is it going to be a paid upgrade for 'Everything Bundle' owners ?
A: For 'Everything Bundle' users the upgrade will be free!

Q: When you release SynthMaster 3.0, how much will it cost to upgrade from version 2.x ?
A: Upgrade from SynthMaster 2.x will cost $19

Q: When you release SynthMaster Player 3.0, how much will it cost to upgrade from version 2.x ?
A: Upgrade from SynthMaster Player 2.x will cost $9
Works at KV331 Audio

Skins

Q: I was changing skins, and now I am stuck at the Player skin. How can I go back ?
A: Please see page 11 of SynthMaster User Manual , switching back to SynthMaster skin is explained in there
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:SynthMaster Player
Q: Can I purchase and use KV331 Audio's preset expansion banks in SynthMaster Player ?
Does this include the three KV331 sets which also include samples though?

BBFG# wrote:
YES
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
YES
I have both the synth and the player and they don't load into the player (patches or samples).

I see, that might be the root cause (having both licenses).

Why don't use SynthMaster with Player skin instead? That's essentialy SynthMaster Player :)
Works at KV331 Audio

If i buy synthmaster 2.9.9 i get free update to version 3? or i should wait?

If you get the Everything Bundle, you will get a free update for SynthMaster 3 as well.

can synthmaster player free be registered on a computer without internet?

Return to “KV331 Audio”