Why have you Not Purchased Orion over the Years?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orion

Karma_tba wrote: Y'all are like gamers. Does graphics make a better game?
I'd hate to see an 8-bit Skyrim. Besides, that's not the point. The developer was honestly curious as to why his DAW didn't catch on.
Last edited by arkmabat on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

If you're mad when amateurs have opinions, the internet is the last place for you to be.

e: whoops

highkoo wrote:Are you seriously 63?
Born 8-24-1952
Diagnosis : Cancer Stage 4 Inoperable, Incurable.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

^Sorry to hear it (diagnosis, not birth). Still, stop being a dick.

P.S. - I've banned your other two accounts.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:^Sorry to hear it (diagnosis, not birth). Still, stop being a dick.

P.S. - I've banned your other two accounts.
Whatever... D.H. (dick head)
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Okay, then.
No longer a moderator.

:lol:

:party:
ImageImageImageImage

Aww, suspended?
He was fun...
ImageImageImageImage

Robert Randolph wrote:It has no decent support for recording and manipulating audio.
Yeah for me that was always the biggest problem, and I did buy it and persevered with it for years but then development slowed down and it looked unlikely to ever get the features I was asking for. As a plugin sequencing environment it was one of the best, simple to use, but you could build up a lot of complexity from simple building blocks, but the linkage between the midi/plugin and audio side was weak For example to just record a plugin to audio you had to bounce it down to an external file, then reimport it. Also it never played well with my hardware stuff (Virus Ti, Creamware scope system) which required realtime bounces (if it just had the ability to directly record the output of an instrument track both issues would have been resolved in one go).

highkoo wrote:Are you seriously 63?
I was floored also.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I think he meant 6 + 3 = 9
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I think he meant 6 + 3 = 9
:lol:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

I bought Orion in 2001, I think it was my first vst host.
Lack of proper audio tracks is what ultimately did it in for me.
but I can still use it rewired to Cubase.
I just logged into my acount, and to upgrade from v7 to 8 is $99
Pretty steep for something that's not going to be supported anymore.

Mmv as usual but I do think some "small shop" developers often enough are victims of unfair comparisons.

That is to say, a talented guy sits down to make something musical and some people like it and enjoy it and are completely happy with it and (soon enough) it gets compared to Logic or Cubase or PT or some other app with tons of dollars of investment and research and teams of developers behind it. :)

Even though it wasn't really for me I still think what that guy did with Orion was great and no matter what anyone thinks about it, it's a life accompishment that nobody can take away from him. :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”