Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote:...and derivatives of Alchemy appeared in Garageband.
well, derivatives of the bit of Alchemy that was a derivative of Kore2.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

But it's nice to read, that even after half a year of all of this crap, some folks still haven't heard the news. Slow internet connections.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the Alchemy soundbanks, e.g. Iceland, Dream Voices and Water, are available "for Alchemy Mobile" in addition to the usual downloads? The date on each mobile version is June 16th 2015. Anyway, the (previously successful)automatic download process fails for those sound banks on my computer(s) - so double check your recent downloads if necessary.

whyterabbyt wrote:
If you load those GB patches into Logic, it tries to load Logic's own "Alchemy" plugin (which obviously doesn't work, as this isn't in the current version of Logic yet).

But yes, it's Alchemy, not just a gui idea with an existing Logic/GB sound engine.

More:
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... b4e18182ae

beely wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
If you load those GB patches into Logic, it tries to load Logic's own "Alchemy" plugin (which obviously doesn't work, as this isn't in the current version of Logic yet).

But yes, it's Alchemy, not just a gui idea with an existing Logic/GB sound engine.

More:
http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewt ... b4e18182ae
Curious statement: "There's also an Alchemy folder inside the Plug-in Settings folder. Cool."

If this happened in Cubase, or Sonar, I bet we would probably already have seen a lot of users shouting about how lame it is. But the Apple users find it cool that they have empty folders in their computer, and instruments that don't work in the professional version of the software (yet they work in the free version). :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

```
Last edited by samsam on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's "cool" in that it looks like, in an imminent version of Logic, Alchemy looks like it's going to be incorporated.

To translate, the "cool" part is not "Oh look at my awesome empty folders" but "cool, this is a clue that it looks like Logic users will be getting Alchemy in some form".

GB and Logic releases have never been syncronised, but the apps have to be compatible, so it's quite often that one of the apps gets features that the other doesn't yet, until the next release cycle.

This is what happens when you load projects/sounds into the currently released Logic from the just released GB that use the new "Alchemy" feature (in it's cut down form). Obviously it doesn't work in Logic, yet, until that feature gets it's full release in a future Logic version.

Tomgu wrote:Has anyone else noticed that some of the Alchemy soundbanks, e.g. Iceland, Dream Voices and Water, are available "for Alchemy Mobile" in addition to the usual downloads? The date on each mobile version is June 16th 2015. Anyway, the (previously successful)automatic download process fails for those sound banks on my computer(s) - so double check your recent downloads if necessary.
FYI, Camel answered to my support request:
Unfortunately, we just encountered a problem with our server when trying to download any sound library which has an iOS version.
This has resulted in the following desktop libraries needing to be downloaded via the website rather than via the installer application:

Artificial Intelligence, Arp Dimensions,
Atmospheric, BigTone, Biolabs: Dark Space, Cinematic, Dance and Trance, Dream Voices,
Dubstep, Guitar Mutations, Himalaya: Vintage, Iceland, Luftrum: Ambient, Minimal Techno, Steamworx, Water.

1) Log in at the Camel Audio website, http://www.camelaudio.com

2) Go to Product Downloads

3) Expand the sound library’s listing using the ‘+’ icon to the left

4) Download the library’s presets file and download the samples file

5) Place these files in Downloads/Camel Audio or whichever backup location you are using for the installer - the files can be reinstalled via the installer offline just as the others can, the only problem lies in the installer initially retrieving them from the website.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

There have also been occasional problems recently with downloading libraries due to the increase in traffic to the site, so problems downloading desktop sound libraries not in the list above will most like be temporary issues which can be resolved by trying the download again later.

beely wrote:To translate, the "cool" part is not "Oh look at my awesome empty folders"
these folders might be empty of content, but they are full of potential, anticipation and excitement :P

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
beely wrote:To translate, the "cool" part is not "Oh look at my awesome empty folders"
these folders might be empty of content, but they are full of potential, anticipation and excitement :P
This is a permanent "state of mind" of all fanboys. That's what keep them blind and deaf for the negative things :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
This is a permanent "state of mind" of all fanboys. That's what keep them blind and deaf for the negative things :hihi:
did you say something ?? :P

the PDF manual for Alchemy is version 1.50, the last version of Alchemy is 1.55

the manual history page is last updated in 2011 .... (making it hard to pinpoint if there's any info missing in the PDF manual)

does anyone know if there are any operational differences between 1.50 and 1.55 that are not covered in the PDF manual ? (so that we could copy the relevant sections from the online manual, presuming any changes are covered there)

1.55 did not affect performance, only the browser:
Faster preset loading
Faster scan for new presets
Improved handling of preset comment text
Improved handling of AAZ files
Improved compatibility with the biolabs skin
Presets to buy now hidden by default
Improved Windows set up routines
Enabling remote control now prompts user to download Bonjour if not installed
... And enabed users to hide personal data on launch.
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

CA dead..... in a few more days!

Return to “Instruments”