ReValver 4 - New products released at the Amp Store

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ahh, I see. I've only run a single, mono signal into it, and then created two chains and panned each of those hard left and right, which works fine.

I'll try a stereo input in the morning and see what I can come up with.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

I'm kind of "over" inserting single instances of amp simulations onto every individual track. Adjust one knob, have to save a preset and load it in the next 5 tracks carefully or things will sound wrong if you forget one. Or delete the 5 other amp instances and copy the one with the knob adjustment to the 5 other tracks again... which would be fine with me, but copied Revalver instances don't seem to open with the source instance's modules and settings, they're just blank and dead, so that's not an option.

Sound-wise Revalver is starting to win me over, the more I play with the demo (must be the 4th time I installed it now) the more I like at least some of the amps. But with Revalver not being able to manage these absolutely basic things (no L/R dual mono? no Copy from A to B? convoluted preset handling? AU channel issue?) I just can't justify spending money on it, however much I wish I could and however often I try. Which is a shame, because I was a sucker for the original Alien Connections Revalver and I play a "real" 6505+ ... *sigh* Tuff luv.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Okay, tried it. Couldn't get it tow work with only one amp chain. Decided to RTFM, and I quote:

"Modules can be run in mono or stereo, but obvious modules such as amps & stomps can’t make use of a stereo path."

So, there it is. Not a problem for me, but sorry if that doesn't work for you.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

How about the "amp builder" addon, Jacare?

Do you have any idea about when it will be available?

Revalver's tweaking capabilities are already awesome, but if we could indeed build our own amps and pedals from scratch within its environment, oh man, it would be a dream-come-true to all pedal and amp builders out there.

Cheers,

Raf.

oops.
Last edited by Dominus on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Boo.

The Revalver *AMPS* only work in mono mode. So if you want to do stereo tracks, yes, you need to insert an instance on each channel. I don't like that either. Revalver 3.5's amp worked in stereo, so 4 was a step back in that regard.

What's going on, guys?

I asked about the long awaited "amp builder" addon for Revalver, somebody answered saying that they are not going to release it anymore but a few hours later the answer is gone, edited.

So, will we ever see the "amp builder" or not? :)

It surely would be a game changing feature.

RafaelMorgan wrote:What's going on, guys?

I asked about the long awaited "amp builder" addon for Revalver, somebody answered saying that they are not going to release it anymore but a few hours later the answer is gone, edited.

So, will we ever see the "amp builder" or not? :)

It surely would be a game changing feature.
Do you mean amp builder or the ACT profiler?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Do you mean amp builder or the ACT profiler?
The amp builder, you know, where you were supposed to be able to design your own schematics for amps and pedals from scratch.

RafaelMorgan wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Do you mean amp builder or the ACT profiler?
The amp builder, you know, where you were supposed to be able to design your own schematics for amps and pedals from scratch.
Cool, I didn't realise they were planning on releasing the tools to create your own.
I'd like to see more schematic options for circuit bending the effects :)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

b15fliptop wrote:Okay, tried it. Couldn't get it tow work with only one amp chain. Decided to RTFM, and I quote:
"Modules can be run in mono or stereo, but obvious modules such as amps & stomps can’t make use of a stereo path."
So, there it is. Not a problem for me, but sorry if that doesn't work for you.
That's all fine and dandy by itself.
I don't need a stereo amp module.
I would be really happy if the I/O routing would work correctly, that's all.

The 2 input channels, the mono switch on the input, the existence of two independent module chains and the pannable output module all suggest that "bus operation" should be possible. And I agree too, it should be.

All I expect is to route 2 guitars into 1 plugin and have them come out as 2 guitars. A mono amp on chain A for the left guitar and a mono amp on chain B for the right guitar. Maybe a possibility to copy one chain's modules into the other. Not asking for more, not asking for anything unrealistic, seeing that just about every other amp sim plugin available can do that, even the free ones.
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Well you're in luck, because what you just described works. You just have to pan each chain hard right and left with the output mixer. :)
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Okay. Assume I'm a total moron who has never owned or successfully used a single amp sim plugin in the 15 years he's been recording guitars with computers. Explain to me how to do it. When you think you've done it, mute the track that goes into R4's right input and watch Chain A bleed into the right output.

EDIT: ...or better yet, save the preset and let me have it, so that I can load it here and maybe see what you do differently.

Return to “Effects”